The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Yeah, you have to restart the game every time when you move from one zone to another and see those misplaced gyms.

I’ve lost count of the exact number but I’ve hatched over 25 pink eggs during the red pokemons event, and still no sign of Darumaka. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph::rage:

No riolu either… multiples of all the useless others, and, of course, no shinies (no surprises there).
Today’s hatches illustrated below… and 2 more wurmples since I took the photo. :frowning:

When you go from one zone to another, is your game the foreground app, or is it running in the background? Leaving the game in the foreground requires me only to hit the “I am a passenger” button to restore the gyms and spawns when I arrive. Just leaving it off saves battery (and time, because it doesn’t need to shutdown before it reboots).

The inability to see nearby pokemon while in a car if you are looking for new pokemon.

I leave mine in the foreground. Also from my experience it shows that if you have misplaced gyms in the area, and you don’t restart the game, those gyms would remain misplaced the next time you visit the same area.

Oof, that sounds distinctly more problematic than the missing-gyms bug that I see so often that it must be a ‘feature’ not a bug… :crazy_face:

I have it running on that screen at the time.
Hitting I’m a Passenger does not correct the problem.
Only shut down-re start App does.

Silly ME! Lazy ME!..
grrrrrr
I was too lazy to do Team Rocked quests earlier and I just started the last part - finding Giovanni… now I have less than 30h and the forecast says it will be raining all the time…
grrrrr :rage:

1 Like

one time-saving tip: Often the first few Giovannis your radar finds are decoys. You can’t tell they’re decoys without encountering them; but you don’t have to fight the decoys to find the real one.

yaeh, I got lucky - found him at 3rd location :slight_smile: ufff…

Missing gyms and gyms in wrong spot bug is driving me crazy. Also I’m down to only getting presents to give out on about 30% of stops

This misplaced gyms bug is more frustrating when you look for new gyms in a new area

I can’t say I appreciate facing level 7 Ranked players at level 4.

Rank 7 is achieved by numbers, yes you need to win 22 battles but it could be 22 of 1000 or 22 of 22. Essentially in two weeks 90% of players will have rank 7.
Starting from rank 8 are players who actually are the best.

As someone who is not interested in using a ton of Dust/Candy to Power up and Duel move the top 6 PvP battle Pokemon it’s already clear there is a massive flaw in how you rank up just by completing 5 battles in the early tiers.

I did firee to play for the first 2 and only managed to get 3 wins of 5 in each one so never got the encounter reward. Already I was coming up against some teams with the top 6.
Come teir 3 I used a Premium Pass only needing 2 wins for the encounter. This was a fail because now I’ve come up against 4 out of 5 that had teams of the top 3-4 and only got 1 win for no encounter again.
Now I’m at teir 4 expecting very little hope of getting the encounter.

I wonder how many more will just chuck it in very early on like I think I’m about too as it’s no fun doing battles only to level up and face the more serious players preventing any chance of the encounter Pokémon.
Why not only level up once you have won 5 battles. I’d be more inclined to chip away at it and do 10-20-30-40 battles to hopefully get 5 wins if I was getting something at the end.
Atm it’s clear I’m getting nothing but the loss of a Premium Pass for best chance at not much hope and an empty feeling of wasting my time unless I use Millons of Dust and even then I may still lose every battle any way.

Already done. No more schedule capacity to fit another PoGo sub-game like PvP leagues or a Buddy-Adventure Tomagotchi. Friends (gifting and trading) and raiding are enough game-extras for me.

Making us chase vote tasks (to find the task corresponding to our preference) for the February community day was nearly as lame as making us chase gifts to send to friends. Spin … nope. Spin … nope. Spin … nope. Spin and curse … nope. Spin and curse louder … nope. Meanwhile, none of the Pokémon that we catch before we find the right task actually counts towards the 20 that are needed for one vote.

I think it would have been much better to have a generic vote task that would offer the player a chance to vote after catching 20 pokemon, and let them choose then what their vote should be for that block of 20 catches. Even if it still let us vote more than once (by completing more than one vote task), it would let our playing focus be on choosing, not an elaborate snipe hunt.

The vote thing is just giant con to make the player base think they are voting for the winner.
Niantic have made up their mind we are getting all 4 in between the starters.
I bet the order is already set and the results will doctored to suit that order.
Who audits them and holds them to account for the results??

I do like the format of find quest/complete quest in principle after all it’s a get out there and explore game.
Doesn’t work well if where you live only has a handful of stops though.

The misplace gyms bug is still on. When you go to an area with properly placed gyms, the next time you visit the same area, thosr gyms could be misplaced or not, not sure why. If they are misplaced, you have to restart the game.

I can allready tell the order if they aim on it for being at least a bit vote resulted and credible:

1. Rhyhorn
  2. Vulpix
  3. Machop
  4. Dratini