[Q&A] Who has Shinies?

Nice; congrats. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a shiny Pokemon other than Magikarp, and they’ve all had absolute crap for CP.

This is one shiny Gyarados caught as a Magikarp with about 26 CP, after I evolved it and then dumped tons of candies and stardust to power it up to something useful.

I’m inclined to think most shinies are a costly vanity, considering the disproportionate quantity of resources it takes to make them useful, versus more ordinary Pokemon with better IV / CP traits.

5 Likes

Please tell me that was a worthy IV of all that Dust and Candy?

Not all of them a re crap.
A friend caught a 93IV over 100CP Shiny Karp. Took her 3 days to tell me as she wasn’t chasing them and knew I’d be farming 2 nests over 2 weeks and had caught over 500+ for no Shiny.

My son got a Shiny Snorunt on his 4th day of playing the game. He has the same number of Shinys that I do since playing from July of 2016.

I’ve powered my shiny Gyarados up all my stardust. It’s just 49% iv but has 15 attack.

15 Attack with Waterfall and Hydro Pump does make it quite useful.
I wouldn’t go past L30 with that though.

1 Like

Shiny Karp #4 not too far from where I got the Snow Cone 5 days ago.

2 Likes

Caught this guy at the last raid I did Friday evening on my way home from work!!!

4 Likes

OMG lucky have dusclops shiny but none else

A Shiny Karp with over 100 CP? Sweet. After the amount of futility you’d had, that had to sting a little. Looking at that 135CP Shiny Karp, though, it appears your efforts did bear fruit in a big way – kudos for that.

That’s nothing compared to how long before my first Shiny Karp. My close hunting freinds gave me so much crap as I was farming nests on the Push Bike where ever I could find one. One called in to see me at one of the nests one day and the first Karp they clicked on was Shiny for them. I copped it for weeks until I got my own.

I tracked everything and logged weekly reports on another Forum that sadly shut down so I lost 8 days of data while I was farming a local nest for an hour each day before work…
Lucky I regularly updated my close hunting group through Telegram on the progress so I was able to recover the results and convert them into a spread sheet in Google docs.I reset the day counter and encounters each time I get one. I count Dust offs as well as Captures as it’s easy to work out from the caught and seen in the Poke Dex.

Here’s the run down of all 4

Shiny #1
Caught 2017 September 15th_564 encounters, 148 days_107CP, 53%_28 were Raids

Shiny #2
Caught 2017 September 24th_77 encounters, 9 days_20CP_19%_1 was a Raid (this is where I lost the 8 days of traceable data, I estimate roughly 50-70 Karp and 3-4 Raids in that time extra)

Shiny #3
Caught 2017 December 12th_410 encounters, 77 days_135CP_74%_17 were Raids

Shiny #4
Caught 2018 January 6th_40 encounters, 24 days_84CP_44%_2 have been Raids

Level 39, 17442 Pokemon caught. Never captured a shiny yet (or seen any in the wild).

1 Like

Lvl 31 havn’t seen one yet. My brother who has less play time already has two, he got both at work.

Don’t have Dusclops but do have a shiny Duskull.

I have shines as a ghost I’m still trying to figure all this other stuff y’all are talking about I guess you can call me an immature cuz I don’t have a clue what you are talking about don’t know where you’re at but I mean Tennessee USA

Magikarp 1/200
Gyarados 1/2 (evolved)
Pichu 0/7
Pikachu 0/70
Raichu 0/6
Shuppet 0/20
Banette 0/3
Duskull 0/25
Dusclops 0/5
Sableye 0/10
Snorunt 0/14
Glalie 0/0
Absol 0/1
Mawile 0/0

Who had a shiny but just started playing with zero background knowledge?

My brother asked me to install and achieve level 5 before he brought my nephew into the city to pick me up slash raid like vikings back at Thanksgiving.

From my apartment I can access a gym and 3 pokestops without effort. I can also access a few more of both just moving around inside the apartment. Needless to say I would be full and often have to grind up pokemon and throw away balls just to catch/get more.

I was still fairly fresh into my new addiction and still half-paused at the “Are you sure you want to transfer…” but was also knew I NEEDED MORE CANDY. I just thought the rewording coming up a second time with shiny worked into it was maybe a way of saying “Slow down you’re killing them faster then we can replace them”.

Not the first (or sadly the last time) candy has been my downfall.

3 Likes

Been playing since July of '16. Got my 2nd Shiny tonight on a Mawile raid.

1 Like

After the Community event everyone should have a shiny Pikachu

2 Likes

Unfortunately whilst I caught 2, one of my friends did not catch any. However one of my friends interestingly caught 2 in a row, (even more interesting was it was the first 2 Pikachu they tapped on) but on the wrong account as their main account was softbanned. When they were unsoftbanned their first Pikachu back on their main account was shiny lol