Lucky Friends

I just got my first ‘lucky’ friend. :+1:
Unfortunately he is in Michigan and I’m in England! :-1:(We swapped codes through the thread on this site). I don’t think we’re ever gonna be able to make that trade…:disappointed:

4 Likes

Similar situation here to what @celery describes. I’m in California and have just been notified for the third time that a friendship had gone Lucky. Two of them are friends in Europe that I made through GoHub’s friendship mega-thread. The other is a local friend whom I very rarely see.

And while the Lucky thing sounds like it has some benefits that I might be able to make use of, none of them sounds like anything I was looking for beforehand. So my interest in it is tepid, at best.

2 Likes

Good reason to not make friends overseas. Luckilly youre not limited to 1 lucky friend :wink:
So far ive had 1 lucky friend since release. I hope more come soon, but atleast the feature isnt overpowered like some people thought it would be.

2 Likes

international trade, is needed.

5 Likes

Still no luck with ‘‘lucky friends’’, even though we did like 200 trades :confused: daily battles and 1-2 raids/day aswell + gifts.

1 Like

The feature only works on your first daily interaction, so raid, battle, trade. That makes it a fairly rare occurrences and keeps people from being able to guarantee one or more lucky friends daily.

2 Likes

I like how they didnt make it too easy but it the randomness might kinda ruin your plans if you wanted to trade with one specific person

1 Like

Or when it drags on for days/weeks.months with no Lucky Friend despite doing whats required every day.
It’s a pity there’s no increase in the % of chance after a set number on nothing then re-sets to base rate once achieved and starts all over again.

4 Likes

I got my 2nd lucky friend with a guy who I raid semi-frequently with. The interesting part is that we seem to open each other’s gift almost at the same, and I got the lucky friend notification, not sure if this is a coincidence to get lucky friend or not

2 Likes

Ive decided lucky Pokemon are not for me, one bag of trash after another, including IVs like 12-12-13, 13-12-12 or, shiny lucky Salamence, 12-12-15

1 Like

14-15-14 Shiny salamence and 13-15-15 Cranidos so far. That ATK stat keeps lagging behind… Still, could be worse.

1 Like

Attack doesnt matter nearly as much as the defensive stats in Rampardos’ case though, be glad

His Defense stat is so low it doesnt matter much… The impact of 2 IV less on Attack is muuuuuch higher.

1 Like

How does that make any sense? Difference between like 310 and 308 is much, much smaller than between 170 and 168 (dont know the exact stats)

Cause its not 2 points, its a percentage. So the bigger number (ATK) will be affected more.

1 Like

For the love of god IVs are not a percentage, they are three values, one for each stat between 0 and 15
And they are added to base stats, not multiplied

Lol

Oh right, i got some stuff mixed up. My bad.
But ATK is still more important though.

1 Like

At around 300 base, missing out a point or two wont change anything in the absolute majority of situations while better defense lets it hit breakpoints it would be unable to otherwise

Nerd fight!

1 Like