Lucky Friends

Castform for Jolteon? Does shininess make them legendary?

1 Like

You know you can use Lucky Friends for regular Pokemon too, right?

1 Like

I haven’t seen an official explanation at all yet for what Lucky Friends are or how they work. Just rumors so far. So, No, I don’t know I can use them for regular pokemon, too.

Does castform for jolteon not count as regular pokemon, though?

1 Like

Yes, we do have official explanations, it means that your next trade will be lucky

1. Using a lucky trade on these two is a waste
  2. Yes they doy thats why you can trade them up to a 100 times a day
1 Like

Cool, now I know, assuming your info isn’t just more from the rumor mill.

As for 1. they were both crap IV shinies and we were hoping to hit another 19 IV -> 90+IV trade. (Neither wound up lucky and neither had its IV grow more than a few points this time, though.)
And for 2. so that’s why the game told us one a day when we traded them?

Did you read the instructions? Because shinies are clearly a special trade
And again, what is a 91% Shiny Castform good for, I have 96% and I would trade it for a 96% Palkia anyday

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ve met only a couple of my game friends in-person, and the rest are scattered across the globe. So trading is only a rare curiosity for me in the first place. I’m sorry for wasting your time (and everybody else’s here) with my questions about it.

1 Like

Marathon as in setting up Mewtwo for mewtwo with best friends to get good iv and lucky.

:smiling_imp:possible Lucky 100iv? Yes please.

1 Like

You are not wasting anyone’s time, we still don’t have a full explanation or analysis. We just know it was in the patch notes.

4 Likes

I’ll trade mew2 with you lol

1 Like

You didnt waste anybody’s time, you just had no info
Sorry if I came off as rude

3 Likes

You gave a confident answer that came off as authoritative (more so than rude), and I challenged your credibility. Probably more my bad than yours.

2 Likes

I shouldve understood you meant a shiny and shouldve clarified the trade conditions (as well as the source) sooner, my bad

1 Like

Alright, back to the topic, it should release at any time now

2 Likes

Anyone got Lucky Friends?

1 Like
  • Yes got lucky friend
  • No not yet
  • No dont know how
  • I got more than 1

0 voters

1 Like

I’m not trying to get one

1 Like

If my son starts playing again and trade me, I’m sure we would get some Luckies.

1 Like

One of the Kids and the Wife’s account had the Lucky Friends notification pop up yesterday when I did a Raid.
Traded a couple of junk Groudon between the 2 and it was just like a disappointing CP at a Raid or a junk Egg Hatch.
Both ended up being the at the lowest end of being Luckies with poor attack stats. Trade Junk for Junk with glitter :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t been impressed with the whole Lucky Pokémon thing yet.

2 Likes