Lets talk - (anything)

The octopus is funny

1 Like

Heā€™ll yea itā€™s my favorite show

1 Like

Hello everyone, I may not be as active in the time period of Monday, April 22nd to Monday April 29th, for I am on a holiday. Worry not, Iā€™ll try to get on here as much as I do now after it

4 Likes

Right on have fun

Has Niantic ever officially declared (or leaked) a ranking of the relative importance of various stats on the various game actions? Like which calculations actually include IV directly? (stat scaling during evolve/power-up, damage dealt or taken during combat, capture rate, or healing time, for some examplesā€¦)

In composing our raid parties against a particular boss, which factor makes a bigger difference in our likelihood of success ā€“ trainer level, pokemon level, IV values, or particular move set? What re-confused me recently was when a local raid ā€˜expertā€™ advised me on adjustments to my Dialga raid partyā€™s makeup, and he mused that the Machamp with 77 IV (but Dynamic Punch) which Iā€™d left out of the party would be way better than the one with 93 IV (but Close Combat) which Iā€™d included.

Trying to get the authoritative answer, rather than try to sort through the competing views of self-appointed experts (including the various game-news sites like GoHub).

1 Like

No niantic has not. Only the PokĆ©mon Company has for the handheld games, but they talk about ā€œpotentialā€ and even they arenā€™t very specific about it. They say ā€œa Pokemon with a high potential has more potential to grow in a certain statā€

1 Like

Thanks, @Brobraam.

It just occurred to me that as a developer I would proabably want that info to be confidential, precisely because it would tend to make everybody play the same way if they knew for certain which criteria most-affected outcomes. And having a variety of play styles not only enriches the overall playing environment, it fuels interest through speculation and competition ā€“ all of which are generally good for a productā€™s market sustainabilityā€¦

So while as a player I want all the more to know this info, Iā€™m all the more doubtful that Iā€™ll ever get more than studies and theories of varying degrees of credibility.

3 Likes

Exactly, Iā€™m shure as an enterprise Iā€™m not interested that you know all the details. The more your have to play with trial and error, there more you are envolved in the movement.

3 Likes

Had to pick Tech as it was the only way I could tie a girl at work on our weekly picks. lol

Great game though!

3 Likes

Yes. Sucked because I stayed up and had to go to work 2 hours later.

1 Like

Iā€™m a Maryland fan so it was really hard rooting for Virginia. It was almost same as a Redskin fan rooting for Cowboys. Just not natural.

2 Likes

Hardcore Duke fan here, but I liked seeing VA win. If Duke didnā€™t win, I like any ACC team winning not named UNC. :smiley:

Also: after being the first #1 seed to lose to a #16 in history last season, it was nice seeing them rebound to win it al.

1 Like

Yes, being able to win it all the following year makes up for losing to a 16 seed

2 Likes

Man I was thinking you LV 50

1 Like

Iā€™d be close to 43 if they let us continue to Level up.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still not 39 but with the eggstravaganza I should hit level 39 and a half

1 Like

I had to go solo with 1 incubator for 4 days because I needed to upgrade bag storage first.

1 Like

Dam that sucks

1 Like

I donā€™t even like new egg event because it burns your incubators faster. So Iā€™m going to save my 50 coins each day and get more storage upgrades.

1 Like

I plan to go hard on this event just to help build up stardust and XP