Lets talk - (anything)

Does anyone else stock up on Pokemon that evolve with 12 candies (Pidgey, Caterpie, etc) to use at the next double XP for evolving Pokemon spotlight hour?
I forgot this week until there was only about 30 minutes left. Accumulated about 200,000+ XP. Still have several more unevolved, but no evolving XP for this month :sob:

1 Like

Has anyone seen this in the game?

I used to, not anymore since getting to over 40 million exp

I save the 12 and 25ā€™s when I donā€™t have other trading priorities taking upwards of 4-500 bag spaces.
Since XL Candy came in and I started driving 200km 1-2 times a month to stock up on Trademon I no longer have the room to store the spam evolvemon.

I guess this method is practical up to a certain amount of XP.
I tried to do 25s with Ratatta but ran out of candies too quickly. So Iā€™m just sticking with 12s for now. And I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be opening a second account to trade with anytime soon. I feel like itā€™ll be tedious keeping two accounts.

The current special research seems to be testing a new model where pauses are built into the process. It paused after stage 1. Stage 2 was just an unpause with a tiny reward, leading to Stage 3, which rewarded Hoopa, only to pause again.

What triggers the unpause? A certain amount of time? A certain number of actions? Catches? Steps? Spins? Is there anything to do with the orange-colored trainer in raid lobbies and the startup page graphics?

Does anybody here have insight into whatā€™s happening? Having no idea about that or how to affect it inclines me to punt. A certain amount of mystery can be enticing in relationships; but randomness is generally a put-off in situations that involve setting and accomplishing goals.

Whoops, I kinda died from this site. Lifeā€™s been busy but Iā€™m still playing the game. But Iā€™m back and have posted several things as updates.

2 Likes

I think a specific date and time

the research is gated by Niantic, there is nothing you/we can do to speed it up.

2 Likes

I see the following in all previous investigations, after a very short time there were players which have finished and telling how to do it, and a great lot, reading it and following the steps.

For this time Niantic has thought itā€™s better to break down the velocity so a greater amount of players are on point to make the run to the next stop.

2 Likes

@Punica appears to be spot on about whatā€™s happening, and Iā€™m inclined to agree with @bagguilleā€™s suggestion about the reason for it. I just observed the same behavior for the third straight time:
complete stageā€™s 3 tasks, collect bonus, hit a pause.
wait a day or two, notice it un-paused, collect small un-pause bonus,
get another stage with 3 tasksā€¦

Now it makes more sense that the research has sixteen stages.

Thanks for the explanations.

2 Likes

And I still think itā€™s not a bad decision. It was a surprise, but on the long I think it was the correct decision.

Why I have to finish something new in one day? I enjoy this more.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t this what they mentioned on their live blog? When I saw that thereā€™s 16 parts, I thought it was because itā€™s meant to last the whole season.

Good to see that youā€™re around again @HLAJR !

1 Like

Just passing byā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

And another spammer (gone)

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

For the first time, I used Poke Genie to host two Uxie raids just now. The first raid went fine, but I forgot to click that the raid started in the app for the second raid.

I donā€™t think I can post this in the perfect Pokemon thread so Iā€™ll post it here.

Somewhere within the code of this game is an algorithm designed to screw with me lol.

3 Likes