Lets talk - (anything)

Does anyone know if I can change the Google account my PoGo is linked with? Right now, I’m using a Google account that was originally registered in Australia. I’m suspecting that this and the Kanto event mishap is why I’m having trouble finding shinies normally now. I haven’t found any shinies since the Fletchling CD, even though I’ve been playing everyday since.

1 Like

I play every day and only have 2 shinies since CD. I’ve had longer droughts than that though. It’s all part of the game.

It happens. After the Fletchling Community Day I had days without luck and today I got five Shinies. Normally it takes around three hours for me to get another Shiny, and I think today’s five Shinies compensate with last week.

No, @Jormdeworm, your not an example… :grinning: (you have so much luck, nobody can explain… )

I think that the programming of “luck” or “casuality” in PoGo is a little bit “strange”.
I have three accounts in different phones and conections to internet, and they really behave in different manner. I cannot say for shure, but it seems the one with lower level has more chance to get a shiny. Like they try to animate more activity… no idea for shure

2 Likes

I think 3hrs/Shiny is pretty fair, in three hours you can do a lot of encounters. Probably even more than 450-512.

1 Like

Have you seen the series of WoodyWoodPecker? :joy: :joy: Yes, then you can have these encounters

1 Like

What is the best moveset for each of these shadow Pokemon?

That’s what I wonder, too. I think Shadow Ball/Psytrike? But is it really worth it? Since my Shadow Mewtwo can’t even defeat Team Rocket’s Slowpoke, which had less CP.

I have been playing everyday and caught two shiny since Fletchling Community Day, shiny is bonus to me.

You know that shinies are supposed to be rare and that CD was last week?

Some people here just have some crazy luck though

Once more waiting on the result of my COVID test. This time I am a little sick though

Update: I don’t have COVID

2 Likes

Got landorus and thunderus. Just need tornadus.

Yes! I finally found something shiny! :sob:

Thanks for your advice guys! I should explain that the reason I thought that I couldn’t find shinies anymore was because I heard that Australian players who bought the Kanto tour ticket got screwed over with the shiny encounter rate. I think that affected me as well during the event, but then started wondering if it continued on after the event.

@Brobraam Yeah, usually I would be able to find one per 1-2 weeks. Besides tonight and the CD, the last time I found a shiny in the wild was during the first few hours of the Kanto tour event. That was almost a month ago, lol. My month-long shiny-in-the-wild dry spell has ended :partying_face:

1 Like

Isn’t Slowpoke resistant to fighting type moves? Might it be more effective to use Shadow Ball than Focus Blast (at least on the goofy pink hippo)?

For the Ttar, though, Smack Down / Stone Edge is great, if you have an Elite Fast TM. Bite / Crunch is brutal to anything vulnerable to Dark type attacks.

Thanks for the invite @NotanotherKangaskhan

Sadly I don’t have any passes left so inviting me today won’t help

Going through another dry spell with shinies. I appreciate all the raid invites even if I can’t join them all.

I just thought of something. If noibat is dragon/flying, shouldn’t the chances of finding it in wind increase?

All good @Brobraam I just send out. If the invites can join all the better but if not doesn’t mater. I’m not relying in invites to be able to win the Raid. I always have enough going in.

@Jormdeworm your Shiny luck is a fair bit higher than everyone I know and play with. I play for 6-8hrs some days and get 0 Shiny. If I got them every 3-4hrs I would have a ton more Shiny than I do now.
I’m with @bagguille in that there is something hidden in the code where some are able to get a lot more than others for reasons only Niantic may know.
Same goes for someone on my local Discord that says they are getting a 100% from Trades every 400-500 Trades yet my average is 1500-1550 Trades per 100%

1 Like

My Shiny rate is around the standard rate. Do you spend all those hours Shiny hunting? Because that’s what I do. If so then there’s nothing wrong with my rate but with your rate. Indeed 0 Shiny for 6-8 hours is bad and shouldn’t happen. Wish you better Shiny luck then✨

Also I know a player with a 1/1 Shiny rate for Kyogre and Zapdos, Pidgey, like 1/4 for Piplup… And he opens the game like once a month. So I also agree There’s something wrong in the code, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my rate. I just wanted to point that out.

Good luck with finding Shinies, I hope your rate gets better, then.

A bit more anecdotal evidence on differing shiny rates. I’ve mentioned it before, but I think it bears reiterating.

I play less on the cat’s account than my own but he gets about 3 times as many shinies. This has happened consistently over the 18 months that his account has been in existence.

I’m not sure whether to be pleased that at least I get access to shinies through trading with him, or peed-off that I don’t get them on my own account.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there is something wrong with the Shiny system indeed. I’m pretty sure most if not all low levelled players have a higher Shiny chance and I’m willing to believe some players who play like 8 hours a day have an insanely low Shiny rate. Maybe we should get TheSilphRoad to research it🧐

I also know people who get 10 Shinies every day by playing like 8 hours, so it is possible.

1 Like