Lets talk - (anything)

I am most certainly alive. Mainly on this Discord since it’s easier, but anyways.

I’ve had dry spells of shinies… but then again… that might be good since Im nearly out of Pokemon room even after clearing out. I’ve caught uh… three shinies since Community Day - Mareep, Shinx, and Baltoy. I’ve defiantly had much longer spells before though.

But yeah the SilphRoad, if they’re willing, might be able to look more into it.

@Jormdeworm, don’t worry, our comments are not against you, but against the “luck”-system of the game.
They of shure need an algorithm to decide if you have a chance to catch a shiny or not. But this calculations starts every catching new, so they don’t know if you had luck or not before.

The problem are the variables which enter in this calculation. Random, level, Pokémon, time since last playing, players in the area, even possible the weather… But it seems that one, ore maybe more, variables have a weight too high, so the shinies are not reparted equally.

2 Likes

I know, I know, just wanted to point out my vision on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t be a bad idea that Reddit could start an investigation about it…

1 Like

Yeah haven’t had another shiny since fletching cd. I only caught one for the whole duration. Traded a shiny alolan raichu from my husband’s account after that. I usually average five to six shinies on cd but lately is been much less since I started being able to attend community day. Sorry about the double post. My phone went a bit haywire.

Something about Candy++… Since they were given, I have a chart where I count all the candies I’ve gained.

And something strange happens there as well. There are two pokemon-families which have grown exactly to 120 candy++. There they stopped and only gave normal candies, but all the others go on growing…

??? Casuality???

today I finally evolved my 7th Eeve and got lvl42… and I learned two things:

• my enormous amount of EXP was not enormous as I thought… I am 1.2M short for lvl 43… cannot even think about what will happen for next levels… EXP was something I did not care for last year or so (after getting 40) - looks like I will need to appreciate it again :slight_smile:
  • balance of tasks is just silly… I have 85% EXP (need 1.2M more only) - but I am sure I will finish all other tasks (100k dust, 200 supereffective charges, 5 legendaries) much faster than got this 15% of missing EXP… I think they are all doable within one day or weekend really - while 9M of EXP is quite something…
3 Likes

I wanted to thank Niantic for adjusting the distance in Glameow encounters. Those had been so close that I found it hard to get a great throw. Now it’s much less of a pain.

It seems like a few others that were ridiculously far away were brought a little closer; and bravo to that, too.

2 Likes

Yep. I can actually hit it now, I don’t have to tap the pokeball to catch it.

Is anybody else seeing characters more towards the side of the screen now? They were positioned at the centre last week or the week before.

2 Likes

Yes, I also noticed that.

Yup. Me, too.

I’d never noticed this before - the ‘Go Time’ pose seems to be exactly the same as the way Mewtwo stands :thinking:

4 Likes

Power Rangers stance :rofl:

1 Like

See here my first lvl 50 hundo, just because I can. :crazy_face:

It just costs a little…
475000 dust
273 candy(including evolving Pichu)
296 candy xl

4 Likes

The weekend’s Rayquaza Reprise was a blast. Even though I had to work all but 6 hours during the event, I still managed to raid 40 on my alt and 36 on my main, getting 3 shinies, total, a hundo, and half a dozen with IV in the 90s.

Having Thundurus for the rest of the week will be a huge letdown now. I’ve already raided it more than enough times…

It is better visible at the ending screen for the battle. Now there is a place for not only you but also for the other party as well. My guess we will some kind of “high-five” animation between both players - potentially with some additional interaction like “nicely done”, “no bad”, “I should have won!”, “let’s be friends” etc…

1 Like

Reading that quite a few players Raided Rayquaza quite hard over the 2 days.
I wasn’t one of them. I did 2 all up and as per normal it was the same old rubbish IV and no Shiny. I just can’t seem to get excited for Raiding anymore as even when I do hit something hard I get no reward back. It’s always the same throw away IV.
Their tactics of no Shiny’s and continual poor IV drops on order to make me chase more Raids spending $$$ is having the opposite effect by making me want to Raid less.
I can’t even be bothered doing the 1 Free one a day anymore.

2 Likes

I enjoyed raiding the Mega-Manectric with @NotanotherKangaskhan after the Rayquaza raids had ended; thank you for sending me the invites.

2 Likes

I didn’t get any megas this time around. Only thunderus.