Lets talk - (anything)

Just started Disney+

2 Likes

Was reminded this morning how dumb many profanity filters are when I tried to apply my naming convention to a Butterfree with 60 IV and the best moveset (according to Poke Genie). But ā€œButter60AAā€ was rejected, because it includes in it the sequence of letters ā€œB-U-T-Tā€.

Notice, of course, that the gameā€™s official name for that PokĆ©mon also violates that rule. The same over-sensitive idiocy is evident with the PokĆ©mon called ā€œLickitungā€ (any string containing the sequence of letters ā€œL-I-C-Kā€ is also strictly verboten).

Muttering ā€œbig fā€™nā€™ dealā€ I typed ā€œBFD60AAā€ instead (an acronym that actually IS profane) and the game accepted it without complaint or warning.

The most prevalent form of ā€œartificial intelligenceā€ has at itā€™s heart a brute-force inference engine that requires a lot of special-case exceptions just to function and is prone to producing results as unintelligent as this.

(So keep yer ā€˜self-drivingā€™ cars away from me ā€¦ way the hell away.)

3 Likes

I donā€™t even know what a profanity filter is, but F that.

2 Likes

You canā€™t name your Pokemon ā€œWest Virginiaā€ because of virgin

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Hi guys. I got a quick question for yā€™all. How much time does it take for wayspot nominated in wayfarer to be put in game? Like once they presumably got accepted?

1 Like

A few days

1 Like

Today must be one of my best days in Pokemon GO history, if not THE best.
It all started with a wild Swampert that popped up. That must be rarest spawn Iā€™ve ever encountered as of today.

Managed to catch it with Silver Pinap too. :stuck_out_tongue:

But it all got even better: after three years, Iā€™ve FINALLY got a PokeStop in my home!

:star_struck::star_struck:

Itā€™s only been three days since I submitted it, by the way.

5 Likes

OMG, lucky you! May I ask what exactly is your Poke stop since itā€™s close to your home?

1 Like

Congratulations. Does your submission have to say why they should put a stop right there? (And if so, I would assume you didnā€™t say ā€œbecause itā€™s within reach of my homeā€; what did you give as a reason to have a stop there?) Iā€™m hoping to get ideas for how to make requests.

1 Like

ā€œreasonsā€ do not matter. just make sure your submission is eligible. there are a bunch of rules, and as a lvl 40 player, you should already have an idea what spots can be pokestops/gyms. I also suggest taking pictures in the daytime, because I have a submission now that was rejected, even though visible, it wasnā€™t a very clear picture because I took it at night time.

Thanks for the info. And again, congrats for getting the stop!

Maybe for the spot where I want a stop I can put a historical marker that says ā€œOn this spot in 2019 a PokĆ©stop was erected.ā€ and have my submission say I want a stop there to go with the historical marker.

2 Likes

Sure. This is the PokƩStop.

Translations:
ā€˜Speeltuintjeā€™ = playground
ā€˜Speeltuintje waar kinderen graag spelenā€™ = playground where children like to play

6 Likes

You do have to say indeed why you think there should be a PokĆ©Stop on the nominated location, indeed, but I think you can also leave it blank or just leave a random letter in it. I did not say that the PokĆ©Stop is close to my home because it is 1). not a good reason and 2). I donā€™t want to have all the locals here knowing where I live. The reason I used is that I think the location should be a PokĆ©Stop, because all playgrounds are eligible and another PokĆ©Stop is always good PokĆ©mon GO community (and other Niantic games can use it, too).

3 Likes

Did you get new spawn points with the Poke stop?

1 Like

If I slap some swings and a slide in my backyard, submit it as a "playground (complete w/pics), do you think it will work? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah had the same. I gave my Butterfree a name, but was unable to recall it Butterfree. In apropriate name.:joy: If you then just leave it empty the game itself still names it Butterfree.:man_facepalming:t3: I always note the IV with it, so now itā€™s called Buterfree 100%.

2 Likes

Fun fact: You also cannot rename Lickitung back once youā€™ve changed it. :X

1 Like

If Iā€™m right you can change ā€˜Lickitungā€™ back to Lickitung by leaving the name blank when editing it.

1 Like

Unfortunately I didnā€™tšŸ˜–