How was your special field research day?

You win the prize for worst result.
I thought I was a contender for worst result with 1 Shiny and no 100% but you got me with no Shiny or 100%.

I think we both got the shaft on this one as everyone else I know got multiple Shiny or 100’s or both.

1 Like

That’s too bad @vorgriff3 . but do you already have a shiny sneasel, or not?

I did get multiple for once. Last time I did great was when we had a Field Research Day instead of a Timed Research Day. And honestly, those were much, much better.

well, yes and no. Remember feebas?
I thought that was not good of an event retrospectively. But that may have something to do with it literally raining and freezing the whole day, so it was really cold. And the shiny rate was abominable.

If you take the shiny rate of this limited research and you put it in a field research day like feebas’, it could be really good. But, i live near two cities, and can profit way more of those events than people in rural areas can.

1 Like

Sure. One of the best shinies. I had hoped for a couple more.

My comments aimed at conveying mild satisfaction, but seem to have missed the mark and hit moderate dissatisfaction, instead. Sorry for being so off-target there.

At least we didn’t have to chase all over to find the research tasks by spinning dozens of different Pokéstops (the way we did for the first Feebas research event). And it didn’t leave us virtually depleted of all Pokéballs, the way many Community Days do (especially when the featured Pokémon take two or three throws each).

1 Like

Feebas was the odd one out, the rest all were great in my opinion.

1 Like

EPIC

I got my first shundo

4 Likes

Three accounts completely finished the researches, with a sum of nine shinies, no hundo.

1 Like

For some reason mine started on Friday, when every task seemed to reward a Marill. Finished two sets of 3 on both accounts, but not any shinies, nor hundos.

Will keep grinding today, encouraged by all the shinies others have reported. Maybe the one I got last year get a companion today.

Happy Mothers Day to all.

1 Like

I played some rounds on friday as well, but the shinies have been released today.

1 Like

Still not a fan of the Timed Research Days. I tried to go for another Shiny Marill from a Field Research, and I got everything but that.

1 Like

Got 4 shinies

1 Like

I played hard during the half of the day between shifts and was pretty fortunate. My alt got 9 shinies (8 Marill and 1 Snubbull), while my main got 4 shinies (3 Marill and 1 Shadow Aerodactyl) and 2 hundos (Dratini and Cyndaquil). Beat 4 Team Go Rocket leaders, and worked a couple of T5 raids into the mix and got blah catches. I was quite pleased overall.

x2 Shiny
x1 100%
That’s the best I’ve done from any timed research day.

2 Likes

3 shinies, 1 with good IVs that I evolved

2 Likes

Got 8 shiny Marill and 1 shiny Snubbull

3 Likes

For the Research Day I wanted to mega evolve Aerodactyl to get bonus rock-type candies, but I was 5 mega energy short. I spun every Poke stop that I could – 47 in total, but 1 Poke stop gave a regular research task, so I had 46 Shieldon and Cranidos spawns. I got 5 shinies: 2 Cranidos and 3 Shieldon. My shiny rate was 1/9.2. My friend got 7 shinies + 1 shiny Onix (and he spun fewer Poke stops than I). We traded some Pokemon and we did 2 special trades: I got good-IV Kyogre and lucky shiny Kyurem. I was lucky to get several good-IV Cranidos and Shieldon from the research tasks and what’s best 1 shiny Shieldon and 1 shiny Cranidos had good IVs! Amaura and Tyrunt were very rare in the wild. I found only 3 Amaura (1 ran away) and I got 1 from the timed research and 1 from a trade. Regarding Tyrunt, I found only 5 in the wild, got 1 from the timed research, 1 from the field research and 1 from a trade. I also did 2 Unown F raids. I liked this event, but I think Amaura and Tyrunt should have spawned more. I also liked aurora in the sky. Shiny rate was OK and I got what I wanted.

1 Like

Got myself enough amaura candy evolve one. Only found out one our in through that there was one, so the other two hours were spent walking around, doing quests.

4 shiny shieldon
3 shiny cranidos
1 shiny dwebble!!!

So they all were new shinies for me. Overall pretty good

1 Like

Didn’t get too crazy due to a heatwave, but I did get 2 Shiny Cranidos, 1 Shiny Shieldon, and one hundo Amaura.

1 Like

I had other commitments that didn’t allow me to turn the game on so I missed it.