How was your special field research day?

Inkay Research Day was great! First, I mega evolved Houndoom to get more candies from dark-type Pokemon. I also used it in a Deoxys Speed Forme raid. I used 2 Pancham as my buddies so I could evolve them into Pangoro. I was very lucky to find 2 shiny Inkay back to back from 2nd and 3rd research tasks! :star_struck: I found 5 shinies in the end. Two of them had great IVs! :smiley: I found 9 regular Inkay with great IVs. I did 36 research tasks, but 2 were regular ones that didn’t give Inkay, so I got 34 Inkay. After the event was over, I did a Galarian Weezing raid and my alt account got a hundo! :100: Two more great things happened during this event: I got Cosmog with good IVs and a shiny shadow Bulbasaur! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Me - 65 inkay - 7 shiny - 0 hundos (+ sableye hundo)
Cat - 51 inkay - 5 shiny - 0 hundos (+ chikorita shiny)
Mrs - 56 inkay - 5 shiny - 0 hundos (+ sableye hundo)

3 Likes

Me 0 of 0 of 0

2 Likes

5 inkay, 1 shiny (the first research reward encounter), 0 hundos of any kind. Was able to play only a half hour and able to reach a total of 4 Pokéstops, though.

2 Likes

Didn’t partake in it.
I just couldn’t be bothered chasing quests all day when there were more stops that had normal quests v Inky quests and those that did involved buddy rubbish.
Decided real quick it wasn’t worth the effort.

2 Likes

Got nine shines and one hundo non-shiny. Once I got the hundo, I decided to call it a day. XD

0/0. had no time at all to play. I did have a good day though

I think I got 9. Don’t know how many Researches I’ve done. Will look it up tomorrow.

Edit: Turns out it was 81.

2 Likes

I was in Belgrade, but I had limited time to play. I played on and around the Republic Square. I spun about a dozen Poke stops. The first research task gave me my first ever shiny Luvdisc! :star_struck: :sparkles: Soon after that I got another shiny which was almost a shundo. It had 14/14/14 IVs. And as a cherry on top I got a shiny Lickitung! :star_struck: Playing in a big city really pays off! I also got several good-IV regular Luvdisc. I still have 1 unfinished research task so maybe I get one more shiny.

3 Likes

I was stuck in my office, where I could reach only one Pokéstop. And the one field research task it gave me had a Luvdisc encounter as the reward. It was a low quality non-shiny.

Summary of day: Encountered: 3, Caught: 3, Shiny: 0. Surprise: none.

This one really sucked. I was plagued by instant flees and half-shake breakouts. I did over 150 and not one hundo, and honestly, I feel like the whole day was set against me because of how the game behaved the entire time.

Did play, didn’t miss anything.

1 Like

Did play, didn’t get rewarded, horrible shiny rates again and the most random duplicate wild shinies whereas the entire event was spammed with ones I needed. :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oddish Research day was great. I found 5 shinies out of 30 field research tasks. :star_struck: Some Poke stops didn’t give tasks with an Oddish encounter, which was strange. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I finally have the entire shiny Oddish family! I also won 2 showcases! :smiley:

2 Likes

Couldn’t even tell there was an event on. 95% of the stops I spun were not Oddish research quests, wtf?
To top it off I was playing out in the country. Standing right on top of a Show Case stop that would not let me enter. Move closer error preventing participation. What a :poop: show the whole (non) event was.

I didn’t got any Oddish tasks, but luckily I managed to win a showcase because of Shadow Oddish which I got yesterday via Grunt, and also because no one places their Pokemon in that Pokestop :rofl: :rofl:

I believe this was mostly because of the fact Oddish Day was not something which Niantic decided, rather it was The Pokemon Company who decided to give some honorary mention to Oddish. Therefore Niantic just added this to their game to show how much they are on the lines of MSG !!

Most important thing which Niantic forgot to mention was this :

This is official Website for Oddish made by The Pokemon Company.