How was your special field research day?

Minccino shiny rates:
Me : 9 from 65 = 1 in every 7.2 encounters
Mrs. celery : 6 from 47 = 1 in every 7.8 encounters
Cat : 5 from 35 = 1 in 7 every encounters

My highest IV was 96% normal 93% shiny
Cat got a hundo
Mrs. celery got a SHUNDO and a shiny sentret

!

2 Likes

Did about 35 research tasks, 2 shiny Minccino, also did two party hat Raticate raids back to back on two ex gyms that I have been working on, no shiny rat.

1 Like

I got a 98% minccino, and 6 shinies out of 78 minccino encounters

2 Likes

Idk how many tasks I did but 0 shinies, two rat raids and 1st one was shiny. Wife got 2 shiny minccino though.

1 Like

I did 39 tasks and got myself 3 shinies, no other shinies among the boosted spawns (Patrat, Sentret, Rattata,…)
Quite satisfied with this result. I stopped early, because it was raining cats and dogs… But I liked the event. The quests were easy to do, they gave us easy raids for finishing them, the spawns were themed well, the Minccino shiny rate was ok…
I do like occasional research days, but I wouldn’t want them every month.

2 Likes

Count how many minccino encounters you had lol. The reward for all those quests were a minccino encounter

Pokedex show encounters, since it’s a new pokemon pokemon every ‘seen’ is 1 quest.

12/99 quests + 3 wild event shinies. Very good run.

(stil 1 shiny in the stack, 12 total)

1 Like

I had 7 out of 63 researches, but not complaining with a 96% shiny one and a 98% normal one.

3 Likes

Apart the good result, I have thrown away at least 8-10 researches, because I don’t wanted to fight rockets, nor search for 5 “normals”, and so on. Better walk a little bit more and get something like “spin two Pokestops”

1 Like

Oh I definitely was trading them during the super bowl so my count would be off. But I did look at the Pokédex like @Punica mentioned, it was 47.

1 Like

I went out after the game (several hours after the research event) to use the day’s raid pass. I caught a wild Minccino that spawned next to the gym after the raid.

4 Likes

I went to all the Poke stops in my town (22 in total, I added 14, there would have been 7 more, but they were rejected :angry:) except 1 because there was a fair so I couldn’t go there by car. I got 21 Minccino, but only 1 was shiny. Luckily, I got one more shiny on my second account (where I did only a few research tasks). I caught 1 regular and a shiny immediately and stacked the rest. Surprisingly, both had good IVs. I also did Raticate with a party hat raids because I didn’t get it during New Year event. I just wish shiny rate had been better.

1 Like

Today was awesome. Managed to get 7 shiny sneasel and one hundo sneasel

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ended event with 4 shinies. No 100%.

4 Likes

Well, I made the whole range of investigations, until no more appeared and I got up to 98% and 4 shiny.

But there’s another thing. As obvious, all Sneasel were result of investigation and so on top of 10/10/10. I had no XL candy before this day, and now there are 11 of them. ???
So I have to think again that there is a veeery low outcome of these candies. And its not that I think that I got lesser candies than others, it’s too low for everybody.

After this special day, I can level up over level 40 ONE Sneasel in 0.5 level… very nice

3 Likes

It was great! I got 8 shinies, 2 were back to back! I got plenty of good-IV Sneasel. I liked the rewards, I could play at home. I finished all the tasks. All in all, I think these research days are a great way of getting shinies outside of community days.

3 Likes

To me, this is the best research day so far, each stage is very easy to complete, and gives good amount of stardust and items to proceed to the next stage, also no need to force evolving mons (waste candy) to go to following stages because you might get better IV from the following stages.

End up with 4 shiny, 1 hundo and many 98s and 96s

2 Likes

Three dozen Sneasels, zero shiny or hundo of any kind all day (one 96 Sneasel, woo hoo :roll_eyes:) The research reward Stardust was meh (just 500). But at least the stages were easy to complete, and most of the research reward Sneasels were easy to catch.

3 Likes