How was Your Community day

Broke my Community Day record of 81 Shinies during Magmar Community Day, finally. The new record is 84. 9 of them are 3*. The Shiny rate ended up being slightly higher than the estimated Shiny rate, as I ended up with 1/24.1. Didn’t get my XP goal of 1M, but I did get 700k, which is good enough in my opinion. Although I’m still 300k short for the next Level.

I also got my very first wild Hundo during a Community Day! :partying_face:

Edit: an Axew spawned just after the Community Day, but I didn’t go to it because I’d been walking around for the entire 6 hours already. But cool to see it spawn.

5 Likes

Played with a friend outside for the first time since COVID started. Got 24! Shinies, a record for me and 2 hundos. Spent all my dust on powering one of the hundos

2 Likes

Either I have the worst luck, or something is wrong with my account now. Only 1 shiny from about 150. And to kick me when I’m already down…

2 Likes

That’s awful. Better luck next time

Stayed home for the first half of the event, and went outside for the second half. I was catching every Gible I found, and used an incense in the second half of the event. In the last hour, I stopped catching every Gible and only caught the shinies due to nearly running out of Poke Balls. Caught six shinies, none of which have IVs I like (4 0* and 2 2*). I evolved a Gabite I caught before the event to get an Earth Power Garchomp.

Had to work the first half, but hit the second half with a vengeance. Lured the stop next door and used incense; got around 250 gibles, with 9 shiny, most of which were lousy quality. Finished the special research, too. Not too bad for just half of the event.

One shiny that wasn’t bad, though – my first-ever shundo! I am so absolutely psyched!

And a non-shiny hundo, as well…

5 Likes

This Gible CD is the best for me in terms of shiny with great IV, 15 shiny caught, 2 of which are 98%, one from field research (level 15) and another from wild spawn (level 30).

4 Likes

No hundo for me…
But it was good to see signs of life stirring within my local community - many stops were lured - saw a few old familiar faces and a few new ones too :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Big day yesterday.
Left home at 7:30am for the 200km drive to where we intended to play for the day.
Had stop for a bite and take a couple of gyms in a town on the way.
Got to the play spot with 15min before the CD was to start. Set up the portable camper table & bench seats and got batteries and phones ready. Took the 2 Gyms there and then it was on.
Cracked Lucky Eggs x6
Dropped Star Pieces x6
Dropped an Incense and Lured the 3 stops.
Sat at table catching every possible one for 3hrs solid.
Ball count got punished badly with weather boosted Gible taking 3-5 balls to catch no matter what throw or colour used after breakouts or air throws many times.
Little Miss was getting hungry so we packed up and went for a Drive to anther near by town to get her food and did a mini ball run so I could see the day out.
Lost 45min doing that.
Found another 3 Stop spot in the shade and finished the day off there.
Fell short of what I was hoping but all up still ok as every one Traded will net an XL for >100km😀
Stats
580 catches on Main
18 Shiny
Best IV x2 96%
Best Shiny 87%
Evolved a 100% already in the bank so not a total fail for a good Earth Power Chomp.
I haven’t got a 100% in a CD since Larvitar.

Got home just before midnight after having a not very nice dinner at the community club.

3 Likes

This CD was awesome! I was prepared thanks to Niantic for giving us more Pokemon storage. I caught 407 Gible (including 1 Gabite and 1 Garchomp from the special research). I found 19 shinies! :star_struck: That’s my new record! :top: I caught everything that I could, I used 2 incense and 2 lure modules, took 5 snapshots. I got my first shiny very fast and later I found 2 shinies back-to-back! I was lucky to find 2 shinies with good IVs! :four_leaf_clover: :sparkles: Most shinies were from incense, 1 was from the field research task. Unfortunately, Gible weren’t weather-boosted and in the middle of the CD it began raining cats and dogs for more than half an hour. I found a place to stay out of the rain and there were some Poke stops and a Gym around so I could play. After the rain stopped, I went home for lunch and then I continued to catch Gible until the end of the CD. I found several good-IV Gible. My best CP for Gible was 887. I did as many field research tasks as I could, visiting Poke stops all over the town. Unfortunately, the special research didn’t give me good-IV Gible and I didn’t find a hundo. Also, I had to restart the game several times because of the lag. But everything else was great. I even did 2 raids. I got 98% IV Timburr and a good IV Regice. I got so many Gible candy that I evolved 15 Garchomp with Earth Power, 2 of which were shiny and I got one from the special research. It was a very successful CD.

3 Likes

Very nice haul. You could earn a nice sum of coin in gyms with so many Chomps.

While server storage space may be cheap, it isn’t exactly free. So I don’t begrudge Niantic for selling the Pokémon storage. But to be fair, the extra space was sold, not given.

They did give us an opportunity to increase our Pokemon storage which I needed and they gave us 2 storage expansions for the price of one.

In my entire journey of pseudo hundo hunting, I finally received a 100IV Garchomp by trading myself. The funny thing is that it was 54CP. My total shiny count was 32 with a 93IV shiny.

Lured the park I live next to and caught over 1,000 with 6 hundos (1 of which was a shundo), 56 shiny of which the 2nd best iv was a 96 and gained over 6k candy and 500 XL candy. Didn’t bother to put on lucky eggs/star pieces the whole time since I am level 50 and the cap probably won’t be raised for at least another 5-10 years.

This was probably my best CD to date and lived up to the hype without any technical difficulties that sometimes plague large events because Niantic.

3 Likes

I already had the hundo and the Shiny, so this CD was devoted to getting the required Candy XL needed to level up my hundo Garchomp to Level 50. I had waited to evolve the hundo until that day to get Earth Power, and boy was it worth the wait.

Did the 200km drive again for CD as I need more <100km Trade stuff for XL’s.

Dropped an incense and Lured 2 of the 3 stops. Mixed my time up between sitting in the car manually catching and going for a walk around with the GoPlus doing the work.
Took 75min to get my first Shiny and only had 2 after 2 1/2hrs.
Ended up with 16/651
Again no 100% luck.
Evolved a 100% one I already had for the move. Forgot to evolve any Shiny’s.
Happy I averaged just over 100 catches an hour.

1 Like

Until now I have controlled about 40 Tepig around my house (can’t move until autumn), and found one shiny. Not one with good IV, but well, I will evolve one for the move.

1 Like

Great for me! 13 shinies in 2-3 hours
No IV’s bt not complaining

2 Likes

Actually managed to play for 30 minutes or so divided over the day. Got 4 shinies I think, I’ll check tomorrow

1 Like

Got 3 shiny Tepig but more importantly a hundo Froakie from the wild.

2 Likes