How was Your Community day

1. It’s a goddamn Seedot
  2. Bad bonus
  3. Mediocre move, generally outclassed by Razor Leaf and Snarl
  4. The paid special research is absolutely laughable
1 Like

I still need Seedot candy. Up until 20 minutes ago, Seedot was my buddy to get said candy. Can’t please all the people, all of the time I guess :man_shrugging:

1 Like

CDs are special treatment, Seedot will likely have greatly increased spawns within 4 days anyway, but we could’ve got a different Mon for all these things
XP simply isnt needed in the days of friends, and the paid research shouldve been better anyway

Already having Seedots practically coming out the nose and ears (and more Shiftrys than I could ever use), I’m distinctly nonplussed by news of a Seedot Community Day. It’s basically permission to do something else without missing anything meaningful.

(Already even have the hundo; but a shiny Seedot or two might be worth a token effort.)

1 Like

Seedot is not the CDay of my dreams. I understand that they don’t give out the most wanted Pokémon in the current situation, though. The way Abra CDay was done was great in my opinion, but for those great Pokémon like Gible (maybe… one day…) they will want everything in “normal mode”.
I guess I won’t be playing longer than one Incense, I’ll try to get my 3 shinies, evolve one Shiftry for the collection and then call it a day.

2 Likes

I’m kind of glad this will be a CD when I’m at work. I’ll just go get a few shinies and call it a day. I already have a bunch of Seedot candy.

I’ll be playing Golf on that day so won’t be missing anything at all :grinning:

They want to keep people playing by continuing CD play at home edition but not give out the most wanted Pokémon, maybe this trend will continue for couple months.

1 Like

PokemonGo has made more money since virus started. Wonder if they started it?

Genuine question - are they trying their best to make the worst CD every month now?

1 Like

Welp, atleast Beedrill looks nice.

1 Like

From the four candidates for June and July, it certainly seems that way.

One, already had a CD (Squirtle), another had its own special events (Gastly had over a week during Halloween events, and we had a Gengar raid day), one got saturation exposure during the Alola events (Sandshrew), and one just plain sucks (Weedle).

And we’re going to have not just 1, but 2 of those?!? :face_vomiting:

1 Like

In fact, these have been in the code for a while already, and the four months after we’ll get another bunch of these kind of Pokémon.

What did you say about my boi?!

Just kidding - I get Weedle Community Day cannot be that good, however I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the featured Pokémon in June. If not, July. But I really like him, and I’m playing mostly for the Shiny for me it is fine, though I do understand why people would complain.

Edit:
August and September will probably feature two of these: Caterpie, Charmander, Grimer & Alolan Grimer, Porygon.
Oktober & November will probably feature two of these: Bulbasaur, Exeggcute, Magikarp, Starly.
December will most likely have two Community Days (because we’ve missed one in March) with one we don’t know the Pokémon of yet (Snivy I think) and one being the 2020 CD redo.

1 Like

personally, i wouldn’t mind if Sandshrew would come in second, assuming Weedle is first. A CD with both normal and alola forms would be nice. And i could use some alolan Sandshrew.
Gastly/Gengar are done (even got spares) and squirtle is a very old shiny. so yeah, i’ll take weedle / sandshrew

No offense intended to Weedle or its aficionados – my first 20 levels were climbed largely through the mass evolution of 12-candy Pokémon Weedle and Pidgey. But that was both because of the low-candy-cost and their sickening ubiquity. I also grew to despise that a hit on the horn often counted as a miss, which made Weedle uniquely positioned as more trouble to catch than it was worth (until its gen3 equivalent, Wurmple, came along with the same stupid horn and similarly-worthless evolved forms).

As you mention in the next point, the prospect of shinies is an attraction for these choices. For me, that’s the only possible attraction, since I’m not interested in Battle League.

Hmm, maybe the upcoming community day stink will be less noticeable with the upcoming lineup of Tier 5 bosses that was just officially announced. I’ve been eagerly anticipating Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem since the first time I saw them mentioned here on the Hub. And they’ll finally be here, starting a week from today. Putting the announcement on its own thread…

1 Like

Weedle could either be featured in June or July CD, no shiny has been release yet, and Beedrill with Drill Run might have the highest PvP potential among those 4 candidates in GL.

And may the shiny odds be ever in your favour :joy:

So… As much as I like this “CDay at Home edition”… I miss the park and I miss the people I usually meet there…
We are currently 5 hours into the event. I took an 1 hour walk with incense, lucky egg and starpiece on and came back home with 5 shinies, plussed even more in the duration of the incense. I’m currently at 9 shinies (probably will end at that number, not really playing for the rest of the event)
I didn’t take a Pokédex screenshot this time, so I don’t know my shiny ratio or anything, but who cares. Shiny familiy is full, I evolved a Shiftry for the special move (just for the collection).
The weather was ok, not as sunny as it was for Abra back in April. This and the fact that my buddy simply refused bringing me Pokéball gifts made it less enjoyable than last time.
I know I could contact the Niantic support about the buddy gifts… And I tried but I got stuck somewhere completely wrong in the support chat and somehow wasn’t able to get back…
I’ll let the Pokéball+ spin our home stop for the rest of the day and re-stock that way…

3 Likes