How was Your Community day

After walking for ~1 hour with @Brobraam and doing a lucky trade we decided to continue in the car due to the combination of rain and hard wind. I ended up with 19 shinies, from which I evolved 2 to a Rock Wrecker Rhyperior, with my 2017 hundo as 3rd:

2 Likes

It was really good for the most part. 11 Shinies which gives me 11 attempts to Lucky Trade them for great IVs.

1 Like

Wonder if they’ll still hold onto the next 6 polls they intended to do once this crisis ends

May the shiny odds be ever in your favour. Good luck y’all with abra community day!

I might only be able to do the last three hours. Forgot to charge my Gotcha, too. :man_facepalming: Glad the Community Day lasts for six hours this time.

17 Shiny, no idea if anything great in the 100’s of rubbish I now have to clean up.

Finally got them cleaned up.
1x 98%
2x 96%
A stack of 93%
All but the 98% went to the Professor
No good IV Shiny

I did a little over 1 hour outside, then i went back home to finish CD inside.
I planned on just turning on the GoPlus, but PoGO seemed to have pushed the update so couldnt get that to connect anymore. Lovely timing.

Anyways:
220 caught
11 shinys

I actually got my first shiny hundo, so that was nice. Also got the number 1 for ultra league shiny, though i think its still not too usefull there.
Also evolved a decent 1 for great league, just incase.

Not a bad day.

Played non stop for the full six hours. Managed 9 shinies with the top IV being 70%

Got a 98% Abra.

Nothing else to write home about.

1 Like

Played for 3 hours throughout the event, because we are moving. But my haul hasn’t been shabby at all. 12 shiny!

Here playing without leaving home.
50 Abras caught, 3 of them shiny. Maybe they have changed something in the ratings… because the 50 have been caught all in the first throw.

2 Likes

I know I shouldn’t be saying that with all that stuff going on in the world at the moment… but that was probably the best Community Day ever! We had fantastic weather, the spawns were massive, and only part of that was due to the 3 hour incense.

I dropped one incense at the beginning, used 3 starpieces and went for a walk (still allowed here). Our daily evening lap took me 1,5h instead of 1h with all those spawns. When there were less Abra I worked on my quest encounter stack…
So after 90 minutes I was back home, and played from there until the incense was over. After that I only caught my usual home spawns.
My buddy way so busy bringing me packages of 50 Pokéballs that I ended up with 350 Pokéballs in my inventory (I had started with 200…). To get rid of them (I was >100 items over my storage capacity) I dropped another 3 hour incense a minute before the event ended und plussed whatever spawned…

I ended up with 280 Abra seen and 206 caught, with 13 shinies (the last one during that one minute of the second incense… :joy:). I made approx. 160k stardust (without really grinding) including the dust coming from the special research.
I love doing research, but this one was nothing special and those who didn’t buy a ticket didn’t miss anything, no guaranteed shiny or stuff like that.

4 Likes

But do you remember time ago people were commenting, that Abra was dificult to catch? Doesn’t you feel that today it was quite easy? Or maybe it was only a personal feeling…

Well, I could not leave home for the first two hours, but I did manage to catch three Shinies from Incense already. After that I made a walk for four hours and got 33 more Shinies, so 36 Shinies in total! My Shiny rate is 36/900 (in fact it is wat more than 900, but I’ve checked 900 more Abra since I made a screenshot of the Pokédex), so the 1/25 Shiny rate was very accurate this time. Also, I’ve broken my Shiny record for three hours, too. :sweat_smile: Also, I managed to add Sigilyph to my Pokédex. (From a trade, and yes we kept our distance.) So in short, this was the best Community Day I’ve ever had, although I barely saw any Lures, which is unusual here during Community Day.

Oh and I forgot to say I did NOT buy the Pass, I did NOT use the Promo Code and, as I expected, the Flee Rate of Abra was lowered. I had three Shinies breaking out but not running away. Pfew.

4 Likes

An encouraging start for me with the first Abra being shiny. Good luck to everybody still playing.

Flee rate seems to be hugely reduced. Almost un-Abra-like.

1 Like

Abra always had a great capture rate (and CDs boost these even further) but I do believe the flee rate was toned down by a lot

1 Like

I liked this way of doing CD. Incense spawns were great and plenty. I got 5 shinies, 1 was from the special research. I got several good IV and CP Abra that I’ll evolve later because Counter isn’t a very good move for Alakazam. I evolved 3 Alakazam with Counter and I got 1 with that move from the special research and it had great IVs! And as a cherry on top I got shiny Feebas from incense! I wonder what next CD will be like. This one was great!

2 Likes

This Abra CD is the second CD I did not play as intensely as other CDs (Trapinch was the first), but still manage to get 7 shiny. I encountered the first shiny 3 minutes into the CD hours but it broke out on my first ultra ball and did not run away, I caught it with second ultra ball. Later some Abra broke out on the first ball attempt but did not run away, so I think its flee rate was significantly lowered during this CD hour

1 Like

Pretty productive. 19 Shinies (18 Abra and 1 Caterpie) and almost 350,000 Stardust!

rip May CD

Why?