The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Here’s more details apavlinovic shared:

• We have no idea is this related to Adventure Week, or is there a running experiment that buckets users into it, or is there some other thing taking place.
  • We are seeing mixed reports, mostly in the field of 3-ball drops, consistently today for old and new Gifts
  • We are seeing a lot of 3-ball drops in timezones where AW is over.
    We are very confused at the moment. Thanks for sharing, hopefully more data helps understand this.

Source

We’re in the middle of being mugged, and we’re trying to figure out whether something is happening…

Ah, the joy of software whose functional behavior is learned by user observation, rather than by designer or developer documentation. About the best we can know is what it’s doing, rather than what it’s meant to do.

2 Likes

Actually no one bothers to read their well-concealed Documentation , as they are tough to find + lack complete guidance !!

This is how we make our own custom documentation !!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Oddish Showcase day today and have hardly sighted one.
Hoppip every where. Surely Nianshit haven’t screwed the feature spawns up?
Last 2 had plenty of the featured Pokémon and day 1 lots of Oddish too :roll_eyes:

Below is typical of what I’ve seen during the day.

Just done a count and only 8 Oddish caught from 4am to 4pm at work. Easily 3-4x the amount of Hoppip. I’ve deleted on the way so can’t get exact.

2 Likes

So… yesterday we had Timed Research which required you to do a certain amount of Raids and stuff… and I waited all morning and these were the only Raids that appeared in my village…

So I got my proverbial s*** together and drove 20 miles to a neighbouring town where there is a few more gyms and stops - and what did I find when I got there…?

What a crock of :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!
No Turtonator, no Druggidon, no Xerneas or Yvetal… not even a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ing Mega :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:amence!!
Nothing but shadow bollaxing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:fests. I :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ing despair. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Seems you have to learn to live with the danger and play in my way…

Because you will not influence Niantic to change their way of functioning

I usually check Campfire to see if there are any good Raids before I decide whether I go somewhere or not.

That seems like the sort of dilemma that got me to try Poke Genie remote raids. There are limits to how useful it can be (if over a thousand are queued – to host OR to raid – it can be prone to coordination failures); but often it’s the only way to get a raid when I can’t reach a viable one.

I always use Pokegenie for raiding.

As raiding in-person is not possible for me, as people playing this game here around are almost negligible, and also the fact that I am not much interested in raiding, though Niantic had forced us to do raids in order to obtain certain Pokemon…

I would have really appreciated them if getting them would have been possible via GBL.

1 Like

How tough the Masterball timed research is !!

Winning 60 raids and spinning 300 Pokestops is impossible for me, so most probably I am not getting Masterball.

This timed research might be the trend for future seasons as well, where Niantic will provide this timed masterwork research for masterball.

Plus it seems too much work and effort to just get an Ordinary Masterball, by which we can catch only one Pokemon !!
:joy: :joy:
Rather it is much easier to expect a better IV Pokemon from Raids or GBL, which can be caught more often or not.
:sweat_smile:

The Masterball’s usage is highly specific and niche, where we are expecting to get either of Galarian Birds which can be defeated easily by Cresselia, or we are in situation where 100% IV Pokemon is raid reward, and we have only 1 ball in hand !!
:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

In majority of possible scenarios, having few IVs less doesn’t matters much, with exception of getting some close wins/losses, and that too considering the extremely ideal scenario in real-time matches, otherwise slightly lesser IV Pokemon tend to perform better, especially in lower leagues, whereas those Pokemon are capable of doing the performance which are expected by them !!

I also feel that GBL timed research pass has somewhat better reward, considering end of season, as we will get both Fast and Slow ETM, along with few handy goods, which will have better and efficient usage cases than just having 1 MasterBall !!
:joy: :joy:

Niantic brought a new scam to lure people, in which they provide just 1 different kind of Pokeball, but are pushing people to generate lots of map and walk data which will serve more use to them, rather than the use of one Masterball for those people…
:smiling_imp: :skull: :clown_face:

I could do all of it. Easily. If I’d give myself a week, it’d be done within that week. But “Win 60 Raids” absolutely stinks and there is just no way I could possibly do that in 81 days. Who the hell thought that was a good idea should be fired, but it works as monetization for them so that won’t ever happen I guess…

I said I liked most of what showed for Sept, it was knowing only that there would be timed research for a Master Ball. I had no idea about the content of that timed research. I don’t mind winning a raid a day for 2 months. But people in areas where remote is the ONLY option are forced to purchase remote passes.

Even though I would be upset over a timed research requiring us to win a bunch of GBL battles, those are at least accessible to all, even if some of us detest PVP.

[reducing the flame, now that my fury has settled into dull resentment]

Not liking the way our capture encounter has almost eliminated charge moves. It was the best way to time a throw to hit a wild target, and the whole basis of the best way to get Excellent throws on raid bosses (locking the circle).

Now getting 500 excellents is much more daunting, and catching the TINY, always shifting Kartana is a lot harder. My prospects of maxing my best Kartana just got more bleak, since what I need is candy xl and my buddy never finds them any more.

1 Like

Win 60 raids is pretty hard for me to do as well

That reminds me, I haven’t even checked at my new school where I’m teaching at for gyms or pokestops lol

(That’s right kids, if you’re reading this, your intern teacher is a pokemon go playing nerd)

1 Like

I cannot finish any of them, except gaining Stardusts and XPs, as I don’t have any accessible Pokestops/Gyms. And I can spin 4-5 Pokestops in a Week, and that too, only in weekends…

Seems so. But for me, going spending (525 x 20 = 10500) Coins is huge waste, and in return we are getting only 1 ball by which we can catch only one Pokemon. :joy: :joy:

The only thing I don’t like about the Master Ball challenge is that it’s timed. What made them think capping the time to do it in was a good idea?

More money…

They made it in such a way that many players fail to finish it. If few of them took seriously and came close to finishing it, then there are chances that they might buy the ticket, by which timed research will be converted into special research !!

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I understand their need to make money but I’m not buying that as the biggest motivating factor for putting such a time limit.
With some of the stuff I’ve seen with electronics at work Programers while often very smart people are really quite dumb when it comes to practical application and use of the thing they’ve programmed.

1 Like

Did they really just try to tell me my usual playing spot is an inaccessible area? It’s our local harbour, accessible by anyone at any time of the day. I always play here, and always follow this exact path. It’s perfectly accessible for pedestrians, in fact it’s only inaccessible by car. How would I even be able to submit this if this area wasn’t for public?

See, this is why I stopped adding Routes and PokéStops. Anything gets blatantly rejected with the most idiotic reasons given, and apparently this can now even get your account banned, so I’m done with it. Let Niantic head over themselves, and do their own work.

2 Likes