The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

From what I understand it’s the exact opposite way around. Zorua will change into your Buddy Pokemon on the map but when you catch it it’ll change back to Zorua. So no Buddies will be lost.

1 Like

Huh, thanks, seems I think badder about Niantic than they are…

1 Like

I had to find out, so I changed buddies. Apparently the counterfeit shiny buddy does not become a shiny Zorua. Nor do the CP’s translate (I had a shiny Unfezant buddy generate a shiny fake Unfezant with CP over 2400, which I caught and got a non-shiny Zorua with CP15. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes:)

Yeah, meanwhile Ditto doesn’t change IV, Zorua recalculates his IV in the moment after catching.

1 Like

Of course I was hoping for a CP2400 Zorua… A CP750 one wouldn’t have been a surprise, or all that much of a disappointment. But from 2400 to 15? That seems downright obnoxious. But whatever…

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lets talk - (anything)

I got a field research task to win a level 3 or higher raid, and it is still waiting to be completed, even after I beat two Guzzlords. Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

I just won a THIRD Guzzlord raid after that and the task is STILL not finished. Screw that. I’m deleting it and moving on. Having stuff not work in the game is getting old, when it also includes stuff that has worked before not working any more.

Update: Tried a Mega-Gyarados raid, and that counted for the 3-star task. Maybe it’s just that Guzzlord is too easy to beat for it to count for more than 1 star…

2 Likes

That’s an old bug. It doesn’t count Ultra Beasts as a 3+ raid.

2 Likes

Opening Gifts and forgetting to Pin the Postcards. Done it on a couple that I only have 1 friend in that zone now :triumph:

3 Likes

Same to me, looking from which zone the gift came, I pushed the button to open instead of pinning. Too long time doing the same routines, and the fingers work before the brain can stop them…

2 Likes

I’ve lost count of the number of raids this week (of all tier levels) that yielded NO rare candy AND had lousy IV. Rather disappointing.

Tell me about it?
A 100% Lapras has been my white whale for a long time. Done a heap upon it return again and can’t get an IV above 87% or a Shiny for that matter.

1 Like

Last Shiny I’ve gotten from a Raid excluding Raid Days was caught back in June 2022. I might not be raiding as much as you two, which is why I think you both deserve what you want more than I do, but it’s still quite a bummer that it’s not getting me anything nonetheless. And that while I was already way under odds for Legendary Shinies, too.

Edit: the second last shiny I have gotten from a Raid was a Magikarp from the 2021 Community Day. :man_facepalming: so that makes for one single raid shiny throughout 2022.

Edit 2: as for the Raid Days we’ve had in 2022 at least two of them got me come back home with empty hands as well, and it might have been more too, but I must admit I didn’t even try the Mega Gyarados Raid Day because I quite simply couldn’t be bothered.

Would love to see an occasional trade turn shiny, the way an occasional one turns lucky. Or to have a shiny friend (whose next trade will turn shiny). Even better, to just have “awesome” trade or friend, which we could choose to be lucky or shiny when we do it.

Yeah, good ideas. Or a shiny incense, which not guarantize, but give strongly better probability.

1 Like

Just wonderful, another T5 raid win getting ZERO rare candy reward, and yet another low-80s IV. Thanks alot, ya buncha richards. Between the regularity of those letdowns and Niantic’s obdurate refusal to give paid raids even the slightest edge in shiny odds, it seems almost like there’s a penalty for raiding. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :unamused: :no_mouth:

Not expecting answers or changes, just needed to vent.

1 Like

I’m hearing ya.
Was sort of looking forward to Raiding some Reshiram in hope of getting a 100% but would settle for 96-98% 15atk. After the 8th 84% or below IV in a row on Monday all my enthusiasm disappeared down the drain. Was left thinking wtf am I doing, thinking this is not fun? I called it quits and went home.
Questioning if I’ll even bother with Zekrom even though I would really like a 100% one. They’ve completely killed my will to Invest time on Raids as Trading them has not netted me a single 100% either while the Family accts all have at least 2 100% from Trades on 1/2 as many Trades. Those accts do way better for IV from Raids consistently too. My Trainer is a dud.

1 Like

At this point anything the game has to offer it always shows the same pattern: the more you play the game, the less you get rewarded. The amount of cases when I’ve seen people literally downloading the game and get a shiny within the first 10 clicks and the amount of first check shinies they’re getting is crazy. Same for Hundos really. It’s driving me crazy. And it’s always us on the forum correctly complaining about not getting rewarded. There have been so many theories about this, that’s it likely is just that way. Still though, I cannot complain nearly as much as you @NotanotherKangaskhan, you still seem to be the unluckiest I’ve met so far. it appears you may played too much and now you’ve reached the state where Niantic doesn’t care about you or your account anymore as you’ll play anyway, in Niantic’s eyes. It’s sad reality, really. Hope this ever changes, but knowing Niantic they really are this cooked out.

1 Like

Playing too much early on might just be the thing that marked my acct for lack of enticements to keep me engaged in their evil FoMo cycle game.
I was one of very few who reached L40 in my area back when Ex Raids first came out. Despite my Trainer meeting every single criteria Niantic advertised that gave you the best chance of receiving an Ex Pass I missed out month after month after month.
While I got nothing Raiding multiple Ex eligible Gyms numerous times in the cycle nubes and low level players would do 1 Ex eligible Raid and get an Ex Pass every cycle. You think that made me a little :rage:.
Then the 3500 Trades before getting a 100% from a trade really sort of drove it home the crap luck my Trainer is subjected to. There’s others not a bad as those examples confirms it time and time again.
If it wasn’t for getting enjoyment from Golding Gyms I think I would have walked away a long time ago.

2 Likes

Not only has it been over half a year since I captured my last Shiny Legendary, but the IV’s I’ve been getting lately also aren’t very tempting. :expressionless:

And then I always wonder why I still bother. And yes two of those came from Remote Raids too, so these worthless IV’s even cost me 200 coins (probably more because I’ve done quite some remote raids for nothing…).

If I don’t get at least a Zekrom, Regice or Tapu Koko Hundo or Shiny this month maybe I’ll just stop raiding them entirely for a while.