The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Calling it a disappointment is rather charitable, @Jormdeworm .

Charging us for access to TIMED research is an outright ripoff. Screw that, Niantic.

2 Likes

And if you want the new shinies, you should pay even more.

2 Likes

Yow, that’s major. Where’d you see/hear that? The event announcement I have seems to leave that out.

New shinies (Galarian Yamask + Noibat) are locked behind raids and 7km eggs

Do we still get one free raid pass each day? (although, to be fair about it, that gives only 8 or 9 tries, which isn’t likely to find shiny)

7km eggs also hatch Galarian Yamask and Noibat. (another small chance for the shiny)

And the special research seems to offer a chance for one more Galarian Yamask encounter, and I don’t see it requiring a fee for that.

So maybe not quite locked.

Not necessarily locked, but you basically don’t have a chance to get them without paying. Unless you’re extremely lucky (or a new/returning account…).

1 Like

Aw, heck, I guess I’m not seeing that, since I never have a chance for the feature shiny anyway (except on Community Day, when the feature shiny is like a participation trophy. :smirk:).

Maybe that’s part of why I feel driven to raid the snot out of every tier 5 boss, to give me my own boosted chance…

1 Like

Another day, another disappointing announcement. This might be the worst thing I’ve seen yet. This time they present us raids with a 24 hour timer and NO chance to raid them remotely. Are they mad?

1 Like

The Elite raids aren’t so different from the EX raids we used to have, but those were basically a 1-week egg, a 1-hour raid time, in-person, and even invite only, versus 1-day egg, 30-minute raid time, and open to all comers. But that means one has to come to raid. I don’t like what’s happening, either, mostly because I expect it means they’re likely to take the remote features away soon (meaning the end for my PoGO play). So either quit now or eke out the last drops of enjoyment we still have, I guess.

1 Like

I can’t see Niantic taking away Remote Raiding.
It would by far there biggest money earning aspect of the game by daylight.
I think the 24 egg Raid in person is a bit of a test to see how much back lash there is for one and other might to stop the :bank::whale: from Raiding a few hundred in the first day. 30min appearance also indicates they are trying to reduce the amount someone can do on day 1 open it u to be a more regular feature.
I won’t get to do any of these elite Raids today for same reason I didn’t get to play Litwick CD.
It’s looking like my participation with PoGo is going to be massively reduced moving forward.

1 Like

I tried to do the Elite raid at my local park’s Gym. I used my alt account and one more player joined (both level 38). We all mega evolved Scizor or Beedrill, we used bug moves, we are all best friends, but it was impossible to beat the raid boss. No one from my discord group plays anymore and all the other players in my town are casual players. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to participate in the future Elite raids unless I go to a big city and find a group of players there. I would suggest Niantic to make some changes. If they don’t want us to use remote passes then they could make raids easier if there are fewer players in the lobby. Or they could implement my old idea of Lucky Raid Passes. Let us be in the raid for the whole 30 minutes until we beat the boss.

It’s just another pointless mechanic. They tried to hype it up by giving very few people rare spawns; I myself only got three Helioptile, a Galarian Mr. Mime and a Koink off it. Apparently you can get the Kanto Birds as well but they’re shiny locked and are almost hard to catch as the Galarian Birds so that’s another useless feature. Not a fan of the 24-Hour timer as they block other raids from spawning and finally the fact you need to do these raids in person and are harder than a level 6 boss (I assume they are level 7 though presented as level 5) make it even worse. We did one with 17 others and it still managed to slam through my Pokemon team 1.5 times (so 9 Pokemon).

1 Like

Did one of them new-fangled Elite Raids at 2pm and duly caught the Hoopster…
…but despite getting the countdown clock there were zero spawns around the gym. No articuno, no zapdos, no Mr. Rime, no litwick, no vulpix, no nothing… :rage:

It’s because this red egg frightens any spawn, nobody wants to be near.

1 Like

Was hoping for Zorua or Mimikyu releases, shiny Golett or Phantump releases, Spiritomb Researches, wild Noibat spawns etc for part 2 of the Halloween event but yeah I probably could have known Niantic wouldn’t give us any of it. Let’s celebrate Halloween without the most spooky Pokémon we have shall we!

Edit: they also teased Sandygast, yet here we are without it…

Well, at least the wild Noibat is out there, not frecuent, but this morning I caught one here in Spain.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you encountered Noibat in the wild @bagguille ; but I’m mystified. Niantic’s announcement shows it hatching from eggs, but I don’t see it in the list wild spawning Pokémon (Neither in the Halloween part 1 event page, nor the Halloween part 2 event page).

There are rumours of some kind of secret Noibat Event after the Shuppet Community Hour next Tuesday… :open_mouth:

Don’t know why, don’t know how., but here it is…

Thanks, @bagguille . I believed you; I was just mystified, not dubious. Congratulations. (for the spawn, but even more so for the candy you’ve already amassed…) Just 100 Noibat candy might take me 2 years to get. My hope for evolving one lie entirely on converting Rare Candy to Noibat.