News on the Forum

Sure.

This topic appeared on the top, so I went through it.

The grouping idea of people is exactly same as what the Discord’s team done there. Or should I say that they took idea from here and implemented there ?
:thinking:

Is it possible that we can display our team’s name in side of our username as a title, just like you has “Weedle Master” ?

Since Pokemon Go is mainly divided into Raids and Battles primarily, what if we have separate pinned topic regarding those two, so that when a new guest users visits on the forum, then they see what is the present scenario there ?
Because there are always new raid bosses in short span of time, so if folks here who raid regularly can share their ideas/experiences here which might be of interest for first time visitors and can attract them there ?
Whereas in PvP, every Friday there is change in format, so if we share our ideas, strategies there, then the people who are interested in PvP might take their interest ?

This will somewhat work as focused approach to various aspects of game. And if someone is unsure what to do, or just have to discuss anything, then our evergreen topic for it already exists…

I guess I should fix that lol as it seems unlikely we’ll ever be able to add this changes with the current state of the forum.

Doubtful, I guess both the Discord team and us had similar ideas. To be honest I don’t have Discord so I had no knowledge of them having a similar idea :sweat_smile:

That was the idea, yeah. I can change the titles, it’s the ability to create groups I’m lacking.

Do you mean an infographic that shows all current Raid Bosses? That could work. I can make that happen. I think they are also included in Niantic’s event detail infographics though.

1 Like

I also don’t use Discord for Go Hub, I only use it for STEM and Linux channels. But yesterday night when I was writing up that post, then I saw that every usernames were either red, blue or yellow colors, which might be signifying their teams :sweat_smile:

This is exactly where I think diverging into 2 paths can help. Niantic’s event summary is great overview at a glance, but my idea is to have two separate topics like “Raids Discussions” and “Go Battle League Discussions” , where we all users can chime in our experience and idea according to raid bosses active at the moment and same goes with GBL and its changing formats.

If we discuss raid bosses, which ideas and teams we used, how it turns out, what meta is active in specific cups, etc… then it might be of help for users who want to know what exactly is needed to be done there. And this will also help us as well to know the varied strategies what different people here utilize. :slightly_smiling_face:

And any new user who is lurking in this forum can get the ideas and also get the feel of how we all discuss here and how friendly environment is here, can encourage those players to join in the discussions here and share their ideas and queries !

1 Like

Update:

——————————————————————————

I will also include the featured Raid bosses and Field Research tasks + encounters once they are known.

2 Likes

Current format is following:

Event: {event title + GO Hub article link}

From {date, time}
To {date, time}

New Pokémon debuts:

• Pokémon: {text}
  • Shiny: {text}
  • Shadow: {text}
  • Costume: {text}

Spawns:

• {text}

Raids:

• 1*: {text}
  • 3*: {text}
  • 5*: {text}
  • Mega Raids: {text}

Field Research:

• {text}

Event Bonuses:

• {text}

Additional information:

• {text}

Official event infographic:

• {image}

What do you think of this event? Share your thoughts and results below!

4 Likes

If there’s anything I should add to/change in the format please let me know.

Seems perfect !!

:+1: :love_you_gesture: :+1:

Also I want to say that we can merge Field Research and occasional Special Research which are event exclusive ( considering Mega Rayquaza free special Research for meteorites ), so that we can get those info as well.

2 Likes

A formidable work, and if it give less it will be still the best (or equal, or nearly) we receive on this site, bravo

1 Like

Great. So far the topic also rolled in conversations about the event so it worked out as I hoped it would. Will make a similar thread for Adventure Week on Sunday however I’ll close it off until the event is about to go live. Next two weeks I won’t be online too often so I’ll do this one early.

1 Like

I can post the Special Researches/Timed Researches as well once the rewards are known. Thanks for the advice :+1:

1 Like

I will also add the Pokémon Showcases to the format for each event.

2 Likes

Nice vision. God bless the efforts to make any of that a reality. :pray:

4 Likes

Topic has been made, however I made it so it’s not yet visible to the audience (I think @bagguille is able to see it already though). As we still have 11 days before the event starts, I figured it would be too early to have it already be posted when even the Catching Some Z’s event is still going on in certain regions and also this gives me more time to finetune it in the meanwhile. The topic is scheduled to open July 23rd and will be ready for conversation and include all details so far known (including those not listed in the infographic!).

2 Likes

Love your work @Jormdeworm :clap::clap:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lets talk - (anything)

This topic will be closed until new changes to the forum are made. Hopefully we can manage to get ourselves a new Admin soon, I’ll try to reach out to apavlinovic once all plans are settled again.