News on the Forum

Dear forumers,

As the activity on the forum slowly drops, the Staff Team has worked on an article, hoping to lure new people to the forum. It will be released to the public as soon as possible. However, that is not the thing we have been working on, trying to improve the forum. Stay tuned for more details on what’s to come.

Yours faithfully,

Jormdeworm
Staff member on the forum

2 Likes

Update on this coming within an hour.

Update!!

I want to thank everyone for staying with us. Yet, the forum can become better. Therefore, for the past few weeks, we have worked on various improvements, and they will now be shared.

The following things are coming:

Teams

Teams will be introduced to the forum. Forum members will be added to the same Team as they are in-game: Mystic, Instinct or Valor. Every Team will get their own chat category, and we hope we are able to let members show off their team in a new way.

Badges

Six new Badges will be added, focussing on the forum and the game. We are trying to get the Badge ‘Junior Researcher’ deleted, because that one serves no purpose.

Article

The article has been finished for a while, and it just needs to be published on www.pokemongohub.net

All three have been worked out, and only need to be added/published by @apavlinovic, so, for now, we just have to wait patiently.

Team Rocket Week

Our team has been busy trying to improve this event. More information will come. Any ideas are appreciated. Please send a PM to the @Moderators.

That is it for now. We are still trying to create more improvements, but we are currently out of ideas. Ideas are always appreciated. Stay tuned for more information.

Yours faithfully,

Jormdeworm

3 Likes

Somewhere this week I’ll post a survey regarding Team GO Rocket Week on the forum. We want to know the public opinion on this event. No more restrictions will be made, it can only benefit for TGRW.

2 Likes

Opened for questions etc.

Team Rocket Week is a part of this forum now. I hope more people will join in the future. I tried to encourage people to participate in the last TRW, but it didn’t end up as I wanted. Maybe when the article about the forum is published we get new members who will want to participate. We can do so much more with TRW, I have many ideas and I want others to share their thoughts and ideas.

3 Likes

Topic is now pinned globally. To unpin, click the “Pinned Globally” button underneath the reply button and select “Unpinned”

A post was merged into an existing topic: Lets talk - (anything)

@Jormdeworm we could post a small preview of our article as a new topic to get people a bit hyped for the article?

Not sure how long it takes for it to go live on the front page though

Sure.

This topic appeared on the top, so I went through it.

The grouping idea of people is exactly same as what the Discord’s team done there. Or should I say that they took idea from here and implemented there ?
:thinking:

Is it possible that we can display our team’s name in side of our username as a title, just like you has “Weedle Master” ?

Since Pokemon Go is mainly divided into Raids and Battles primarily, what if we have separate pinned topic regarding those two, so that when a new guest users visits on the forum, then they see what is the present scenario there ?
Because there are always new raid bosses in short span of time, so if folks here who raid regularly can share their ideas/experiences here which might be of interest for first time visitors and can attract them there ?
Whereas in PvP, every Friday there is change in format, so if we share our ideas, strategies there, then the people who are interested in PvP might take their interest ?

This will somewhat work as focused approach to various aspects of game. And if someone is unsure what to do, or just have to discuss anything, then our evergreen topic for it already exists…

I guess I should fix that lol as it seems unlikely we’ll ever be able to add this changes with the current state of the forum.

Doubtful, I guess both the Discord team and us had similar ideas. To be honest I don’t have Discord so I had no knowledge of them having a similar idea :sweat_smile:

That was the idea, yeah. I can change the titles, it’s the ability to create groups I’m lacking.

Do you mean an infographic that shows all current Raid Bosses? That could work. I can make that happen. I think they are also included in Niantic’s event detail infographics though.

1 Like

I also don’t use Discord for Go Hub, I only use it for STEM and Linux channels. But yesterday night when I was writing up that post, then I saw that every usernames were either red, blue or yellow colors, which might be signifying their teams :sweat_smile:

This is exactly where I think diverging into 2 paths can help. Niantic’s event summary is great overview at a glance, but my idea is to have two separate topics like “Raids Discussions” and “Go Battle League Discussions” , where we all users can chime in our experience and idea according to raid bosses active at the moment and same goes with GBL and its changing formats.

If we discuss raid bosses, which ideas and teams we used, how it turns out, what meta is active in specific cups, etc… then it might be of help for users who want to know what exactly is needed to be done there. And this will also help us as well to know the varied strategies what different people here utilize. :slightly_smiling_face:

And any new user who is lurking in this forum can get the ideas and also get the feel of how we all discuss here and how friendly environment is here, can encourage those players to join in the discussions here and share their ideas and queries !

1 Like

Update:

——————————————————————————

I will also include the featured Raid bosses and Field Research tasks + encounters once they are known.

2 Likes

Current format is following:

Event: {event title + GO Hub article link}

From {date, time}
To {date, time}

New Pokémon debuts:

• Pokémon: {text}
  • Shiny: {text}
  • Shadow: {text}
  • Costume: {text}

Spawns:

• {text}

Raids:

• 1*: {text}
  • 3*: {text}
  • 5*: {text}
  • Mega Raids: {text}

Field Research:

• {text}

Event Bonuses:

• {text}

Additional information:

• {text}

Official event infographic:

• {image}

What do you think of this event? Share your thoughts and results below!

4 Likes

If there’s anything I should add to/change in the format please let me know.

Seems perfect !!

:+1: :love_you_gesture: :+1:

Also I want to say that we can merge Field Research and occasional Special Research which are event exclusive ( considering Mega Rayquaza free special Research for meteorites ), so that we can get those info as well.

2 Likes

A formidable work, and if it give less it will be still the best (or equal, or nearly) we receive on this site, bravo

1 Like