Lets talk - (anything)

What’s going on? We need explanation. :confused:

1 Like

What! Why???

Always sad to see a core member of the site walk away, @celery ; wish you would reconsider.

As for Necrozma fusions @NotanotherKangaskhan , I believe the stay fused until you unfuse them. But the disincentive to unfuse is the large obstacle of re-fusing later (getting another 400 solar or lunar energy). About the only incentive I see for un-fusing them is to view statistics of individual parts (which aren’t viewable in the fused state).

2 Likes

How’s everyone doing so far?

Italy has been warm.
Moving to the east/south starting tomorrow.

Fun fact — maybe, if I have the time, I will meet the creator of our platform (Zeroghan/Antonio) next week at his home town.

Just maybe I’ll post something about that.

2 Likes

Why have I just got my post is pending approval come up in another topic?

I’m quite shure because you have used the word c h e a t

Could be. I’ll look at watched words tonight if I don’t forget

@Liono1001
While you’re here liking my posts,

We’ve been trying to reach you about your car’s extended warranty.

Hi!
How are you doing?

What?

I’m doing well, right now I’m really excited for the next season of GBL because of Counter and Mud Shot getting nerfed. Plus, Karate Chop got a MASSIVE buff, it now has the energy generation of Poison Sting and the damage of Powder Snow. How are you doing? :smiley:

I’m not that into GBL, but I’m happy for you!

Pretty good actually, all things considered.
It’s been a rough year, but things are better now.
With a bit of luck, I’ll graduate from university in a year, (and it is good to be back on the forums)

That makes sense. Hopefully, we can all get value from Gigantamaxes once they’re released!

Awesome! What are you majoring in?

Computer science!

I am considering to continue to become a teacher at a high school, need to figure out how things will go if I choose that.

That’s so awesome! I’m literally planning on majoring in Computer Science (and possibly Cyber Operations, as there’s a fair bit of overlap) when I go to college next year. And teaching at a high school sounds great! It would be some sort of programming class, I assume? Any tips for an up-and coming computer science newbie? :joy:

1 Like

Yes. For development, 99% of the cases MacOS >> Windows. This is an impopulair opinion, but I have worked both with the newest MacBook and the best commercial Windows computer. MacBook is so much better. Funny thung, at my internship, everyone used a macbook Do make sure though, that the programs you are required to use by your uni, are usable with your software of choice.

Try handing in docker containers if you need to hand in an application, preventing the “but it works in my machine”

VSCode is amazing for programming.

And dont be afraid to use chatgpt, but do make sure you know what it does, and only use it after you understand whatever you are going to ask it. Check your sources, check its sources, and learn how to effectively prompt.

(The direction my computer science took was programming, but I have done plenty of things with information security, databases and networks engineering)

Awesome! Thanks for all the advice, that should help a lot. :blush:

I actually happen to prefer Macs to Windows computers anyway (because that’s what I’ve grown up using), so that’s great news!

I’m using College Credit Plus to take a few college classes (just one this semester) in high school, and today was my first day of class learning about C++! The professor did mention VSCode, so I will be sure to look into that.

2 Likes

And so we did meet up, @apavlinovic and I. But we forgot to take a picture

This was most likely the case. Seems to be introduced over six years ago when someone got suspended for calling everything and everyone a cheater.

It is not a watched word anymore

1 Like

Hey, and you have used the word without beeing send your message to be revisited,

1 Like

From what I can see it actually still is a watched word, it’s more that moderators can apparently use those words without needing to be accepted first. :sweat_smile:

I have looked in the settings to make the watched words drop for certain trust levels, but cannot seem to find anything. I’ll have another look later today if I don’t forget.

If it’s annoying we can just get rid of most of them altogether, 9 out of 10 times the post shouldn’t be a problem and I will also accept them but these watched words are moreso for the one time the post is a problem. I had added them earlier this month because of the three topics that required a bit of moderation all in the same week but it looks like everything has settled again so perhaps we can just get rid of them again. Anyway, I will have a look in the settings to see if there’s an alternative way first. If I can stop users from higher trust levels to get blocked by the watched word system that would be perfect so I hope it is possible. I think it might be a thing, since it doesn’t happen to moderators, so perhaps there is indeed a setting for it that I missed the last time I checked.

2 Likes

The newest trainer hanging out with my main is about to level up to 42. Evolving each of the eevolutions is all that remains for that, and she has 4 of 6. But which 4 have counted towards this task? She eevolved each of the forms with its name trick almost a year ago (shortly after she started the game), so wants to know how to avoid having to repeat the extra evolve work

So the task says 4 of 6 done. Is there a way one can identify which 4 of 6 are done, to focus on the other 2?