Lets talk - (anything)

Hatched Hisuian sneasel from the first egg. Hoping I get Hisuian Growlithe from one of the remaining three friend eggs I received during the event.

ā€œPokĆ©mon: Why Giovanni Never Fired Team Rocketā€ https://www.cbr.com/pokemon-why-did-giovanni-never-fire-the-team-rocket-trio/

1 Like

Despite the fiasco I posted in the Wayfarer thread a few hours ago and my enormous post in the vent thread yesterday, today was one of the rare days I actually found myself enjoying the game for once. I have always used the days between events as days to rest from past events, but they are actually so much better and refreshing. I know Iā€™ve said this in the past, but itā€™s just that Niantic sells these events as good and because itā€™s easier to Shiny hunt for certain Pokemon that I always played them, which I think I maybe shouldnā€™t do anymore, or at least much less. Excluding Johto Tour I havenā€™t been able to say this for the past 9 months, that is for sure.

1 Like

How good is this QoL feature? Long over due most would say. iOS was 3 days behind Fandriod with the update.

There was a brief time (maybe a few weeks) a few years ago when some bug made the game do that. I found that to be a mixed blessing, at best. More often a hassle than a help. And I remember being greatly relieved to see that bug fixed.

Needless to say, I plan not to turn on that new featureā€¦

2 Likes

There was a day where catching Zweilous gave a lot of candies and it would have been more easy with this feature than looking every time how many CP it has, so to change to the blue ball or not.

2 Likes

The silhouette sprite for Mega Scizor looks curiously like Attack Forme Deoxysā€¦

Iā€™ve read today that the top of spinning Pokestops in one day has been shorted from 1200 to 600.

Well, donā€™t think I will ever get near to this top, but maybe someone wants to know.

Is that 600 different stops? Or 600 total?

Most of the stop-spinning tasks Iā€™ve seen are just totals, and thatā€™s the way the Backpacker badge that Iā€™m close to finishing does it.

The next closest to Platinum for me is the Hoenn badge, for which I need 4 dex entries. 2 will be in the upcoming GO Fest finale; but one says ā€œnot in the gameā€ on its GO Hub database page. Is it even possible to get a Kecleon to finish that badge??

If I can go Platinum for both badges I can reach level 49ā€¦

True :point_down:

2 Likes

This has been my theory for years and Iā€™ve never not seen a scenario where a new player doesnā€™t get a cool or rare shiny/PokĆ©mon in general.

Hereā€™s some things I have noticed myself:

• Played with somebody who had just created their account. Not even thirty minutes later he caught a Shiny Nidoran off an Incense (it was his fourth ever click) and hatched a Shiny Feebas (which was his first egg too). In comparison Iā€™ve only ever hatched about 9 shiny PokĆ©mon and three of them even were from Community Day.
  • Another very low level player had a Shiny Pidgey on his first encounter, a Shiny Zapdos on the first encounter, a Shiny Kyogre on his first encounter, a Shiny Heracross on his first encounter, his first Shadow PokĆ©mon was shiny and whatnot. Thatā€™s more first click shinies than Iā€™ve had and I have over 400 different Shiny Pokemon registered and he had 10 back when he got all these! Thereā€™s no way heā€™s THIS lucky. This is just truly not right. Worst part is heā€™s 7 years old so heā€™s shown me that Heracross at least a 100 times already. And I did about 40 Raids that eventšŸ˜‘ and the fact I battled a Leader for him because he couldnā€™t do it himself and see him get a Shiny Shadow first try whereas back then I was on about 40 Leaders and at least 100 Jessies and Jameses without a Shiny hit even harder.
  • An old PokĆ©mon GO friend that recently started playing again got a Galarian Bird on one of the first days and it actually stayed in too. Iā€™ve done this for 23 days and Iā€™ve had one run due to no internet connection and thatā€™s it.
4 Likes

I once listed over 10 scenarios that proved my point but I honestly do not want to remember it and it seems Iā€™ve forgotten most of them. Anyway, there is definitely something not right. Itā€™s good itā€™s not just me feeling this way.

2 Likes

Think the same, no definitely data to show, but Iā€™m shure Niantic is doing this.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard about it from several people, seen it happen a few times in others, and personally experienced a bit of it once, when I returned to the game after not playing a month.

There are almost certainly factors that influence the events in the game that go beyond simple randomness. Which is fineā€¦ I just wish we could know how to alter our play to have some influence over the odds under various circumstances.

This new feature having battle challengers standing by PokƩstops is pretty clearly a pve thing, not a pvp one. Seems like just a bunch of grunts with player-trainer appearances.

Itā€™s one of the many problems Pokemon GO has. Seen the way Niantic is dealing with these issues, I doubt weā€™ll see a change anytime soon, if at all. Itā€™s good to raise their attention, though.

I have a suggestion: you could add purified hundo category and nundo (0% IV) category to your Tables summary topic @bagguille
slika

Good ideaā€¦