General discussion

my sympathy is waning. Niantic is basically drawing a line and saying hey, if you want to play the game follow the rules. I challenge you to give me a reason to have those apps on your phone other than expressly to cheat this game? If you can give me a legit reason to have them I will stand by your side in protest.

I use some of the so called ā€˜anti-TOSā€™ apps for 2 reasons: to grant me access to a Gameboy Emulator And To help me with my exams. The first one is simple: Iā€™m not allowed to buy a DS or Gameboy for the original PokĆ©mon games so I have to use an emulator to play them on my phone. In particular, Pokemon Fire Red. The second one is to allow me to use a coding app to practice for my exams and to test codes while out and about.

Emulators are a grey area,easy to see how game companies would be against 5em as

Against them since it is hard to prove you have ownership of the game cartridge.

I havenā€™t seen any apps or writing or testing code on a phone, guess ignorance is not a good excuse. However, I ask do you honestly feel most people use it for that or is it more likely a tool to help violate PoGO t.o.s.?

In my personal opinion, I have no issue if a random 15 year old wants to use a Joystick in a game. If it bothers people that much, they really to realise that a game is just a game not a lifestyle. Also, itā€™s not an MLG sport. Therefore. There are no serious consequences of Spoofing.

I donā€™t care about spoofing, it is just a game as you say. Iā€™m glad you came out and said whatā€™s on your mind.

that said, when you develop a product and people use it in wayside that destroy your vision of how it should work, I totally understand taking steps to stop that action. Niantic wants us to follow their rules and that is their prerogative.

I fully understand that it is against the rules, and that Niantic have full rights to protect their game.

I do too, but they should focus on glitches and bugs more

And features as well

So Niantic can now see what other apps you have on your Pogo playing device. Are they blocking their use or handing out Shadow bans for just having them or using them in their game? The reason I ask is I have 2 older generation iPads that we as a family use when playing Pogo together. They have no built in GPS so in order to get them to play the game I Blue Tooth them to a Garmin GLO which if you donā€™t know is purely a GPS receiver. It needs the Garmin Piolet App to make it work. Recently the game on the IPads kept coming up with GPS error and the trainer wonā€™t be in the position on the game map like on my iPhone making them unplayable. Havenā€™t tried again in about 5 days since it started happening but with family Raid time this weekend with Entie now out we will have a problem if the issue is still happening.

In relation to the apps, Niantic Refuse To Let You Open the app unless you uninstall the apps on the blacklist. In relation to your other point, I hope you can fix it and start to play again!

37 days? Boy oh boy. Congrats though

Iā€™m ok as Iā€™m on an iPhone. Itā€™s just an issue if all the family are playing together and we need to use the iPads as well.

Do we have a list of off limits apps?

@dragondrawers there is no current list as itā€™s constantly changing. Thanks for the Probably sarcastic congrats though.

Has anyone else noticed a change in drop items from spinning the Gym Disc lately?

Iā€™m getting bucket loads of Health items, berries and stuff all balls. These are Gold Gyms as well.

@JoshHack bless you I wasnt being sarky, I am not looking forward to being shadow banned for that long! As for the banned list they need to pull their damn finger out!