Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

That should not even make it immediately ineligible. At least, that is what the rules say. But most reviewers will probably not care about that.

Edit:
I do even know a Pokestop which is in a building.

1 Like

The bridge just got rejected, too. Apparently it is a natural feature and it represents a generic store or restaurant. Good to know! :smiley: And the title contains emojis. I do not know which reason I have to take the most serious as they are all pure nonsense but okay.

But it does NOT say the nomination itself is already ineligible, and that was what I was wondering about.

I think I am going to nominate some more playgrounds again. These do not seem to get rejected for random reasons.

Thats not your submission rating though. Thats your reviewer rating. If you rate alot of stuff oposite of what other reviewers rate, than your rating will go down. If you agree alot with other reviewers, then your rating will go up.

Yes, but as we can see perfectly eligible nominations can get rejected. So I think Niantic also looks at your rating to see if you understand the rules and have many agreements. So if many of your nominations get rejected and you have a red rating then you can get banned. I don’t know what happens if you have a green or yellow rating. Maybe you get a warning first. It’s not your fault if people reject your good nominations. And if you follow the rules, you should get more agreements. But it’s not a perfect system. Duplicates, ineligible nominations, low quality photos can still slip through the net.

1 Like

Yes, because Niantic doesnt review stuff. Other players do. And whilst this system give acces to ALOT of potential reviewers, it also gives acces to dumb/lazy/hatefull people. Your bad nominations being rejected for the wrong reason is usually just a reviewer who cant find the right reason, or is lazy and just picks any reason.

Perfectly eligible nominations being rejected could also have a ton of reasons. Someone could give their own spin/understanding to the established rules. Someone might not be up to date to the new rules (Looking at trail markers). Someone might be an Ingress player who doesnt want another portal in an other teams territory. Someone might not be able to find the POI on streetview, cause wayfarer sometimes dumps you in the wrong street/photospere and not everyone puts alot of effort in searching the right spot.

Theres tons of reasons something good might not come trough, and something bad might. But your wayfarer rating on the wayfarer website is not one of those things.

A good submission is a good submission, regardless of all the garbage cans you might have submitted before that. You just have to hope your good submission lands at a good reviewer.

Little footnote:
I did hear that if you get alot of rejections your new submissions might take longer to get reviewed. Not sure if true, but makes sense.

2 Likes

Same for another rejected pokestop here. A bridge is considered a natural feature.

1 Like

I think this may be true. I submitted 15 pokestop nominations, 1 was eligible and 1 was rejected for an untrue reason, in November. No other pokestop nominations have been approved or rejected for me.

I used to have an answer in 3-5 days, but the last ones all took longer than a week. Before that I had only one rejection, and that was the very last one before I nominated those that took longer than a week. There was also one nomination that had been waiting in the queue for over 1,5 months, so I withdrew that one.

Here’s what Niantic say about Wayfinder rating

Your Wayfinder rating will improve as the number of decisions you agree with grows, and your performance rating may be lowered if you have too many Disagreements. Your rating may also decrease if abuse of the Wayfarer platform is detected. If your performance is poor, please take the time to re-evaluate how you are analyzing nominations based on our acceptance criteria.

So they can decrease your rating if you abuse the system. Your rating is also taken into consideration.

What’s funny is that in my last 7 nominations the upgraded nomination took longer to review. I had 2 nomination rejected after 4 days and upgraded nomination accepted after 6 days. Before that my upgraded nomination got accepted after 3 days.

That goes for everyone. Too many submissions, not enough people who are reviewing.

1 Like

I find the ‘your rating may be lowered if you have too many disagreements’ part more troublesome.
It basically means if people post stupid nominations, you have to turn them down, and your rating gets lowered because of it, or to put it more simply, my raiting goes down because people nominate stupid stuff.
This is why i only check a few nominations per day, then i can skip some like the german of french ones which are hard to validate for me. This way my agree/disagree ratio stay better.

I’m not sure if I understood this text correctly, but I always thought those “disagreements” mean disagreements to other reviewers… So people nominate stupid stuff, all reviewers reject it, that means you have more agreements and should be going towards green, right?

I have reviewed > 500 nominations so far and I have quickly gone into green and stayed there…

1 Like

That should be correct, indeed.

1 Like

that is actually a good thought and would explain a lot.

2 Likes

That’s a problem?

The thing itself is not available for the public lol

I recently edited a PokéStop location, because you can’t even spin the Stop when you are at the actual location, and even that got rejected. 🥱🤦‍♂️

How do you edit things?

To edit if you are near enough to see it in the normal play screen:

Pokestop:

• Tap the pokestop.
  • Tap the arrow in the top right corner.
  • Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner.

Gym:

• Tap the gym.
  • Tap the arrow in the top right corner.
  • Tap the arrow in the top right corner (again yes).

To edit pokestops/gyms from recieved gifts:

• Tap the gift.
  • Tap the card under the gift.
2 Likes