Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

Had to share this one, too. How can more than 50% of the reviewers not see this?! The distance shouldn’t matter either as I have only located it just a few meters away. I have had a nomination being accepted that I accidentally placed wat farther away than this. These reviewers really shouldn’t have permission to review.

I also had a nomination being rejected because it was not visible on Streetview. I even said it wasn’t visible on Streetview because what I nominated hasn’t been there for that long. Apparently many reviewers don’t even read what I write, either.

4 Likes

What language do you have to review/post submissions in? I have a few spots I would like to review stops and I’m considering writing some stuff in Spanish. lol

It would be best to write them in the native language of the country it’s in, unless it’s a site named in a specific language otherwise.

1 Like

I write the title and description in Dutch when im submitting home, and in English when im elsewhere. Supporting info i always do in English. When i review stuff ive seen 4 different countrys so far and i cant imagine its any different for people in those countrys. So its best to pick the one that most (all actually nowadays) countrys arround here learn.

1 Like

Figured out hard work doesn’t pay off. I somehow managed to get another Gym (the left one on the picture) within map view from my home, but this was the worst choice out of all possible PokéStop I can see from my home. Before it became a Gym, it had been a PokéStop since the release of Pokémon GO, and I seriously have NEVER been there. Not even once. It was the only PokéStop there, and there were almost no spawns somewhat close to the Stop. There are also already two Gyms, relatively close to it, with almost no activity.
The new Gym only has one Pokémon in it and there hasn’t been any activity or in it for 20 hours now.

I seriously have started to wonder how Niantic’s Gym System works, but not the way it should work. If adding PokéStops doesn’t work, then I’ll have to remove Gyms in order to spread them out more over the area.

1 Like

Here are the rules for creating Gyms in Pokemon GO:
In a single S2 level 14 cell you can have 1 Poke stop and 0 Gyms. If you add another Poke stop, the oldest Poke stop becomes a Gym. When you add the sixth Poke stop, you get another Gym. So it goes like this:

• Number of Poke stops / Number of Gyms
    1 / 0
    2-5 / 1
    6-19 / 2
    20-34 / 3
    35-64 / 4
3 Likes

Well most of that is just not true…

You got the numbers necessary for a gym right, except that it stops at 3.
If you see 4 gyms in an area it is because there were 3, and then a 4th got moved there from a level 14 cell near it.
There is a cell somehwere out there (i forgot where and i cant find a post about it this quick) that has 1 stop in each of its 64 level 17 cells and no 4th gym showed up.

Also its not the oldest stop but the one that has the most combined “likes” on its portal photos in Ingress. We used this system to get a new stop immideatly turned into the 3rd gym here so it would become an EX.

1 Like

I did manage to turn a PokéStop that popped up in early 2018 into a Gym, so that’s definitely not the oldest one. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks. I hope that is going to help me. I wonder why I see so many Gyms close to each other though, but they are probably spread over two Level 14 cells, then.

Yay! My first submission was accepted!

3 Likes

That’s the info I found. It’s probably not up-to-date. But, in my case it was always the oldest Poke stop that became a Gym.

I passed the test, for some reason when I started reviewing the first few were in California, and the next few were in Louisiana, Mexico, and Canada??? And one in Baja California.

I heard you can chose your home location and temporary location, where do you do that?

In your settings.

I got it.

For some reason after choosing LA, they put that as a street in LA and I was still able to choose my home city which is in LA city and LA county. So I ended up doing both, and I still got a random street name for my home city.

Day 1 after using this
175 nominations reviewed
5 nominations accepted
I did 3 nominations (I want to do another tommorow, but it probably won’t get approved because it is near a house)

Make that 220 reviews and 11 nominations accepted on the website.

1 Like

Yeah the number of accepted portals always greatly lags behind the number of reviewed. They will catch up eventually though.
Good job on reviewing. If more people would do that the wait time would be alot shorter.

1 Like

You were right, it sprang up to 56 agreements overnight.

1 Like

I’m close to lvl 40, but I suddenly see a new gym and stops after the slow years. The local Discord might have sparky some fire in some people.

I know about everything goes right know. I know someone who had a stop in a playground named the same as his IGN. :rofl:

1 Like

What’s been happening with Niantic’s Wayfarer recently? The nominations are taking too long to be approved. I submitted a playground 15 days ago and it’s been in the process of voting for more than a week. Before it took only 3 days for obviously good nominations to be approved, never longer than a week. My other nominations are also good (a monument in the park, a mural, a church) and they should be accepted 100%, so what’s taking them so long to approve them?
Another issue that I have is with photo submissions. You can now submit a new photo to replace an old or low quality photo on a Pokestop or Gym. I submitted a new photo of a mural (because an old mural no longer exists and there’s a new mural there now) and I also changed the name of that Gym. I did that on 4th May. I got an email from Niantic on 6th May that my photo submission had been accepted. Here’s what they wrote:

Good work, Trainer: we’ve accepted your additional photo submission, and this photo is now available on the Pokéstop/Gym. Photos with the most thumbs up votes will become the Pokéstop/Gym’s cover photo!

But here’s what happened: that Gym still has the old photo 14 days after I received their email and I never received an email about the name that I changed, neither that it was accepted or rejected. It seems that there are many issues with the Wayfarer system at the moment, I hope they fix it soon.

I tried moving a PokéStop on the same day I nominated seven PokéStops nearby and it got rejected a couple of days ago but the seven PokéStops are still in the voting phase. One is even still in the waiting queue, and I had already tried nominating it before and I ended up withdrawing it because nothing happened and I do not understand why as it should be eligible. Besides the fact I placed it a few meters away because if I didn’t do so it wouldn’t become a PokéStop because it is in the same Level 14 S2 Cell as the PokéStop I tried to move.

I think the reason is that there are too few reviewers at the moment, which I can understand because it’s quite boring and since yesterday I’m actually reviewing again and actually got to review a PokéStop which is 2-3km away from here.