Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

Day 1 after using this
175 nominations reviewed
5 nominations accepted
I did 3 nominations (I want to do another tommorow, but it probably won’t get approved because it is near a house)

Make that 220 reviews and 11 nominations accepted on the website.

1 Like

Yeah the number of accepted portals always greatly lags behind the number of reviewed. They will catch up eventually though.
Good job on reviewing. If more people would do that the wait time would be alot shorter.

1 Like

You were right, it sprang up to 56 agreements overnight.

1 Like

I’m close to lvl 40, but I suddenly see a new gym and stops after the slow years. The local Discord might have sparky some fire in some people.

I know about everything goes right know. I know someone who had a stop in a playground named the same as his IGN. :rofl:

1 Like

What’s been happening with Niantic’s Wayfarer recently? The nominations are taking too long to be approved. I submitted a playground 15 days ago and it’s been in the process of voting for more than a week. Before it took only 3 days for obviously good nominations to be approved, never longer than a week. My other nominations are also good (a monument in the park, a mural, a church) and they should be accepted 100%, so what’s taking them so long to approve them?
Another issue that I have is with photo submissions. You can now submit a new photo to replace an old or low quality photo on a Pokestop or Gym. I submitted a new photo of a mural (because an old mural no longer exists and there’s a new mural there now) and I also changed the name of that Gym. I did that on 4th May. I got an email from Niantic on 6th May that my photo submission had been accepted. Here’s what they wrote:

Good work, Trainer: we’ve accepted your additional photo submission, and this photo is now available on the Pokéstop/Gym. Photos with the most thumbs up votes will become the Pokéstop/Gym’s cover photo!

But here’s what happened: that Gym still has the old photo 14 days after I received their email and I never received an email about the name that I changed, neither that it was accepted or rejected. It seems that there are many issues with the Wayfarer system at the moment, I hope they fix it soon.

I tried moving a PokéStop on the same day I nominated seven PokéStops nearby and it got rejected a couple of days ago but the seven PokéStops are still in the voting phase. One is even still in the waiting queue, and I had already tried nominating it before and I ended up withdrawing it because nothing happened and I do not understand why as it should be eligible. Besides the fact I placed it a few meters away because if I didn’t do so it wouldn’t become a PokéStop because it is in the same Level 14 S2 Cell as the PokéStop I tried to move.

I think the reason is that there are too few reviewers at the moment, which I can understand because it’s quite boring and since yesterday I’m actually reviewing again and actually got to review a PokéStop which is 2-3km away from here.

Yes, I think so too. I stopped reviewing for a while because some of my good nominations got rejected for stupid reasons and my Wayfinder rating got low. Niantic must be aware of this since it was recently discovered that there will be a Wayfarer badge in Pokemon GO and that they will let level 39 trainers to review nominations.

1 Like

Niantic changed something recently what caused peoples wayfarer ratings to fall into the yellow and red REALLY fast. This made alot of people stop reviewing cause they feel they didnt deserve this. Others stopped aswell out of fear of this happening.
Another reason is that people are tired of doing free labour for Niantic. You get very little in return for reviewing alot of stuff.

As their reply said: The picture with the most votes in Ingress will become the picture you see in PoGO. So a new picture will have 0 votes, so will never be the featured picture. You can make it that by either voting on it in Ingress, or by trying to have the old picture removed.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarification. We must be able to vote for photos in Pokemon GO, otherwise what’s the point in changing photos if they won’t get approved.

So this just got rejected because it is a person. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Honestly glad it got rejected though, because I accidentally put it in the wrong Level 14 Cell, but I am wondering why it says this is a person. I mean, reviewers can’t be this stupid, right? I’m thinking there’s an error in the mails I get, and it’s very annoying, because I can’t do anything with it.

1 Like

And literally just after I posted that they claimed a bridge is a person as well. I don’t understand why they keep rejecting bridges as there are some many around me that are Wayspots, also just simple ones that are not special or something.

This whole reviewing system is very annoying and I hope they’ll ever fix it. The only good thing is that I somehow got into the green zone a few days ago.

2 Likes

I think some reviewers are lazy and when they see a nomination that they don’t like they immediately give 1 star and then pick some stupid reason that they click on first.

4 Likes

This indeed.

1 Like

So in that case the system is even worse than I expected. If that’s the case then there’s no way my nominations will ever get accepted, the bad reviewers will get a higher rating because of the agreements and the good reviewers will get a lower rating because of the disagreements. Or am I incorrect by saying that?

Also, I’m usually seeing one nonsense reason, the reason that my nomination is ineligble (which is isn’t, so in fact this can also be considered as a nonsense reason) and the reason that it’s not on the map, so it’s not there (which I also find strange as I Always try to show the nomination is actually there in case it’s not visible on the map). Does this mean all reviewers click on the same nonsense reason or does it only choose the one that is picked the most?

Whatever though; I somehow managed to get into the green zone with only rejecting one thing in the last couple of days, so that sounds good.

I have received some with reasons that are completely rubbish, although some others are way too vague and just a few reasons for rejection that are true

1 Like

Finally, one of my nominations that was in voting got accepted and for the first time my nomination appeared in the Featured Wayspots! :star_struck:

2 Likes

It is getting ridiculous now. Even playgrounds get rejected now. Why? I don’t have a single idea. I seriously don’t understand how you can not see this. The other reasons are nonsense as well. For the Dutch reviewers, if you see a not so nicely looking explanation explaining all steps you need to do as a reviewer it’s very likely I’ve nominated it.

For some reason everything I nominate gets rejected, even though I’m pretty sure it’s all eligible, otherwise I wouldn’t nominate it of course. I only nominate what I see as a similar PokéStop often, so my nominations shouldn’t be bad.

Edit: Even more frustrating is it when something that is eligible somehow gets rejected after 5-6 weeks of being in the voting phase.

Edit 2:

Niantic should give free glasses to their reviewers. I have not once, but TWICE shown an acceptable pedestrian pathway, and they can’t see it?!

Edit 3: It’s even funnier. The only reason I haven’t yet shared, the second, says it’s on private residential (?), where the third one says it can’t be found at all. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: That’s very contradictory.

4 Likes

Is there streetview acces there? or perhaps a 360 degree photosphere?
Its pretty obvious from the top down view theres a playground there so i would 5*, but some reviewers REALLY want to confirm it via streetview for whatever reason.

I would just keep submitting this. Theres alot of weird (bad) reviewers out there. Eventually it will get trough.

3 Likes

It’s getting even crazier now. The last PokéStop of the seven I nominated back in early May got approved last Monday, so I expected it to become a PokéStop yesterday. However, it came an hour too late. I Googled that, apparently it’s a known bug. But after 39 minutes the Stop was gone! As of yet I haven’t found any information why that happened. I have tried using other accounts and none of them can see the new Stop anymore. It’s not in HPWU either and was neither during that 39 minutes it was a PokéStop. Not sure if it’s an Ingress portal though, it’s just too far away and I haven’t been any closer since it’s gone. I just updated my Pokémon Map which also shows Level 14 S2 Cells and it still shows that Wayspot, so I think it must be in Ingress but I don’t get why it somehow got removed. Had anyone heard of this before?

1 Like

I have no idea whats going on with POI in the different games. The only known thing is that Niantic is really messing arround with Wayfarer in a weird way.

If you have an Ingress account you can check https://intel.ingress.com/intel to see if its there. No need to drive over :wink:

1 Like