Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

Some more noms accepted over the last week.
2 of them create new Gyms.
Only have 3 still in voting now. Time to do a new round of noms.

I nominated another one on Tuesday, but have not gotten an email back yet.

Mine got all turned out to be declined… And just one for proper reasons… it was a gamble. Some graffiti gets accepted as streetart. So I gave it a go. All other where just randomly clicked crappy reasons.

I also think the system is crappy. Things that should be declined get accepted and other good things get declined.

I also believe that the review Community here is mostly sour ingress players. Because even following the guidelines strictly sometimes get me in the redzone…

The rating should not be about having more positive or negative review. But just on the fact if you decline good ones of accept bad ones as good.

1 Like

Ok, just logging in and seeing some positive change. 4 stage rating. In stead of the 3 stage.

But still. That rating forces people to be sour…

Finally got a reaction on one more: rejected for “blurry photo”. Dude. Just look.

2 Likes

They are giving the worst reasons for nomination rejections. Probably because there IS no reason.

Best thing is they did accept some PokéStops here with the blurriest pictures I’ve ever seen - it’s almost impossible to see anything.

1 Like

You can submit a new photo. It’s I. The same menu as the pokestop scan.

My 2nd nomination was rejected because they said it didn’t look like a permanent structure. So I nominated 3 more stops and hopefully one of those will be accepted.

1 Like

Submitted a new one. Usually playgrounds do get accepted so I hope this works out. It was never submitted I think because of an other stop closeby. But it’s in a different cell and 30m from my submission location.

Time for an update after going for a Drive on the weekend and seeing what became stops and what became the Gym.

11 noms became the Gym
32 noms became Pokestops
8 of those 32 created a Gym in the Cell.

I got my 2nd pokestop approved. Hopefully one of them becomes a gym. Had 2 others rejected though.

2 Likes

I nominated 2 Wayspots on 1st November. One of them got an upgrade. The funny thing is that the first nomination to get into the voting phase was the one that wasn’t upgraded. What’s more, it was accepted after only 2 days of voting! :exploding_head: :open_mouth: The upgraded one is still in queue! And they say that upgraded nominations get to be voted faster. :thinking:

1 Like

Definitely not true. I once put an upgrade on something which finally got approved five months later if I remember correctly and currently I have one nomination upgraded which was nominated about half July.

Yeah! I got a new gym at work!

3 Likes

The upgraded nomination got accepted today, after 1 day of voting! :smiley:

2 Likes

One accepted, one didn’t…

And of course for crap reasons…

“Nomination appears to be a natural feature (waterfall, mountain, lake, etc.) that is not connected to a man-made object, Photo is low quality (e.g., pitch black/blurry photos or photos taken from a car), Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.”

The photo is good enough. Seen much worse get accepted, also took the supporting photo to show i wasn’t in a car, from across the pond!!!. And how can a sink in a brick wall at a man made pond be a natural feature…?

The photo

Seriously, how can it be that people with the mental capacity of a brick wall still can review and come up with those enormous loads of crap…? It really triggers me. Don’t know if I can appeal, but I will report this at Niantic.

2 Likes

My last nomination got rejected. But I got two new stops at work and one of them is a gym. So I’m pretty happy.

The stop I nominated on Tuesday got rejected so I just sent in two more.

1 Like

I got another pokestop at work now. It’s also one that got rejected a month ago. I just resubmitted it on Sunday.

3 Likes