What do you think about the 16-bit Pokemon?

What do you think about the 16-bit Pokemon? (I think they look really good)

I want an option for the old pictures and the bit-sprites. Personally I donā€™t like it.

1 Like

I would like to see them ā€¦ never again.

3 Likes

I love them! Very nostalgic for me. My girlfriend though, hates them haha.

1 Like

If I wanted antique graphics I would play games on my Apple II or Atari. They look awful and you canā€™t see what they are half the time. April fool is over - put it back to normal.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like them at all, with @Jormdeworm, @bagguille, and @BessieDoctorCar

Im not bothered by it at all. Itā€™s nice seeing an old gen style. Kinda reminds me of minecraft.

Overal I prefer the more ā€œmodernā€ variants, which hopefully return tomorrow. Itā€™s just the Snorlax that is actually cute, laying on its back with its paws on its belly. Regular Pokemon Go icon should be update to show that very same pose!

1 Like

i honestly enjoy it, yet i can feel the pains of others and the shocking of those who dislike it or didnt grow up with a gameboy, but just like anything a win win solution is to have option to turn it off and on.

2 Likes

Gen1ers unite. I believe the newer gen trainers are like ā€œwhat the ****ā€ since they never even seen it before.

Itā€™s official!

• Retro 16-bit sprites
  • Normal sprites

0 voters

EDIT: I do like snorlax and sentret better this way though

You need a ā€œim not bothered switch between the twoā€ Option.

• 16- bit sprites
  • Normal sprites
  • Donā€™t care either way

0 voters

1 Like

i think it very excisting to see players at pokemon go that all from diffrent generations, old ,grown ups, kids, if we have ability to turn the 16 bit on and off we pleaseing everyone, and like you say we uniting all generations of age trainers for me even to play even if i am adult with my mother and grandmother toghter it like uniteing all ages toghter, therefor pokemon earn the title in my opinion of an ā€œeternal gameā€.

1 Like

Was ok for 5 mins of nostalgia but for boring quick and just look horrible.

1 Like

I think you should be able to choose weather you see 8 bit graphics or the original PokƩmon go ones

1 Like

Not impressed.
Itā€™s made cleaning the bag more of an effort not transferring the wrong thing.

2 Likes

The effort to go through my bag requires too much concentration just to tell what the F the critters are, and some things just donā€™t show (like the ā€˜eventā€™ versions of Pikachu, for example, look virtually the same as the normal ones).

Unless there is a critical performance or security issue with using the higher-resolution sprites, PLEASE end this bad April Foolā€™s joke at once ā€“ or at least give each user the option of which to useā€¦

1 Like

I grew up on Game Boy. I outgrew it decades ago, though; and Iā€™ll be damned if Iā€™m going BACK to it.

Is it that hard to seeā€¦itā€™s not even black and white itā€™s colored. I donā€™t understand you go to recents and get rid of those. I transfer with ease and care free.