The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Red eggs:
Larvitar, Trubbish, Larvitar… :triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph:

1 Like

I got Trubbish, Larvitar, and another Trubbish.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Anything that is in raids but not wild should have an elevated shiny rate. Not necessarily as elevated as during feature events (like their shiny debut); but having to use a raid pass just to do a shiny check is a ripoff if there’s no value added.

1 Like

The mechanics of getting 12k eggs is bad.
To keep the daily streak going you have to spin a stop or Gym.
To collect new quests you have to spin a stop.
To collect more health items, berries, balls you need to spin a gym or stop.
If you want to get a 12k and only have 1 free spot you need to avoid interacting with any of those listed above until you have that Red Egg.
Its an awful lot of micro management of game play which detracts from the fun aspect of playing.
It’s hard enough now walking/riding/driving around looking for the 6 Rocket Stops plus finding a Leader within the limited hours they are available to get the egg. But that’s just 1/2 the issue. The biggest problem is making sure you don’t do other things while trying to make the space available to get the egg.
Why couldn’t they add 1-3 12k only egg spaces so normal game play is not affected.

3 Likes

Now that I’ve completed that stage of the quest, I’ll only turn on the Rocket Radar when I have an egg space open. You are right though, hard to play when you can’t spin stops or gyms trying to get a red egg.

1 Like

Plus the fact that you can’t open gifts for healing items or balls when you have egg slot open.

That means if you are really looking into getting the red egg when you have empty egg slot, and you have 0 mysterious components, you can’t spin stop/gym or open gifts before finding 6 rocket stops (not spinning those 6 stops) defeating 6 grunts, finding the leader and defeating the leader.

1 Like

The special “weekend” event on November 8 (U.S. only) seems lame. It’s 3 hours (hardly a weekend), you sign up for a trial membership in GrubHub (which eventually becomes a paying subscription), and only get a chance for a ticket to the event.

Micro managing a game = reduced fun playing game.

Got an absol from a 12km egg… I already have one shiny

1 Like

Mega Absol will be a thing eventually.:man_shrugging:

That’s true. But it hasn’t released yet

The shop is locked up on me and I can’t use my coins

Have had raids freeze up on me this week frequently enough that it’s almost normal. A trio attempt with a friend got nuked when my alt froze as the raid started and then my main froze mid-raid. Had to restart both times and rejoin, which lost 30+ seconds on each one. SMFH

The friend was basically duoing for half the raid, and we still fell short by less than a second. The game even started the victory animation for half a second but switched to the nice-try animation, which counts as ‘adding insult to injury’. (I thought I imagined that, but the friend volunteered that he saw it, before I admitted that I did, too.)

The only thing keeping me from chucking both phones across the room was realizing that replacements cost a kilobuck these days.

So much spinning death circle last night when I wanted to do a trade session. Lengthy times of waiting so just gave up trying and went and did something else.
Lost my opportunity to throw dust away and get same same junk back in return :rofl:

Last day for Gira and again I couldn’t find one yet 2 to do on the way to work.
If I wanted Rainbow Dash I could of done 12 of those.
Reluctantly I did one so not to waste a free pass.
Never got my great Gira again, not happy.

Yes, almost all the T1 raids were new horse.

In the post-raid capture screen, Darkrai shifts frequently from center to side, but very rarely makes its swoop move (when it’s easiest to target a throw). It pauses between one and ten seconds after each sideways shift, but makes sideways shifts every second or so. Kind of the inverse of Giratina-O, whose boss shifted up and down rather infrequently, but rarely paused more than a half second between swoop moves.

I’m not sure which is more frustrating; but if you have something else scheduled near to raid time, Darkrai seems to force the choice between rushed throws and being late.

For me Darkrai always (and almost immediately) goes to the left side, which is very annoying as I can only throw Curveball throws that go to the right (but end up in the middle). Sometimes it takes like a minute for Darkrai to go back to the middle or to the right. Very annoying.

I’ve been working on spinning throws in both directions, to put the sides in-play. It takes a lot of practice to become even minimally competent spinning clockwise, when you naturally spin counter-clockwise. I suspect it’s the same for clockwise throwers to learn to spin counter-clockwise, too.

It still seems like the only way to push Darkrai to make its swoop move in a timely fashion is to reach for the berry: Mine tend to swoop as soon as I click on the berry, which temporarily disables throwing by making the ball disappear for the user to choose a berry. Barring the berry choice, getting Darkrai to swoop is usually a tedious and time-wasting stare-down contest.

1 Like

I can make counter-clockwise Curveball throws but they will never get me a Great or Excellent throw. If I spin the Ball clockwise I can get Excellent most of the time if I’m taking the time. That is why I hate it when Darkrai goes to the left side. When it goes to the right side it’s easier for me to make a Great/Excellent throw, but still far not as easy as it is when Darkrai just stays in the middle. Same goes for other Pokémon such as Barboach.

2 Likes