The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

(just the opposite of vent message - but afaik we do not have opposite thread)

This month I did NOT forget about spotlight hour with double transfer candy and was able to unload 120 rare pokes which were waiting for transfer… just 5 min later Deino hatched… initiated new collection for another month :slight_smile:

stupid sableye is already way harder to catch than it’s worth (with it constantly jumping and breaking out of great throws with ultra ball), and the spotlight hour didn’t get even one shiny, in many dozens of encounters.

most worthless event ever. the only redeeming quality was the double transfer candy. everything else was complete waste of time.

1 Like

Yeah, not worth it since its catch rate was not increased during spotlight hour

I really want the Spotlight Hour and Bonus Hour to be two events apart again. I don’t have the time for the bonus now because I’m Shiny checking for the whole hour.

2 Likes

i hear ya, transfer candy and catch candy are usefull things, but not during a spotlight. And like yesterday, even though i didn’t need Sableye, or Horsea a week earlier, i still go for it, because it’s a shame not to.So yeah, bonus hour and spotlight hour can split if it’s up to me.

In between three friends, only I have caught with the second one a shiny, after that we only have checked, not any caught more…

it helps to be prepared.
Every time I got a rare pokemon qualifying to transfer I rename it to TR (or any other name would be fine - AA) - this goes on for a month (or two if you miss one).
Then when spotlight hour start set a filter for this name - and transfer them all with one go.
Takes less than a minute :slight_smile: and the rest of the hour you can spent catching…
OK - if you are stacking legendaries… well… then yes, it will take a while to transfer them one by one - but renaming will still help.

1 Like

There’ll be a special free box featuring two Incense and two Remote Raid Passes. Please note that players can claim this box only if they have fewer than three Remote Raid Passes in their Item Bag.

I didn’t get this box from the makeup event. I have 2 remote raid passes in my bag. I only got the free box as usual containing 4 Poke balls. :angry:

3h (3 incenses used) event gave me zero shinies…

Seems like almost every raid, getting from 0 boss CP to “You Win” transition requires me to quit the game and restart. If I don’t, it just semi-freezes (boss and attacker just staring at each other as the timer counts down towards zero). Thankfully, we seem to be able to go back into the raid for the catch sequence now (where a few days ago it was hit or miss on getting back in, especially if it was an invited raid and the gym isn’t in the ‘nearby’ list).

So while this quit-and-restart is tedious as hell, it’s better than before (when it had been costing us real money for the passes we bought and only got half our value by missing the catch sequence).

Event has started. One of my accts has 2 remote passes, the other none. Neither has any apparent offer for 2 free passes and 2 incense. I am incensed!

Restart the app and try again.

1 Like

Naturally - the most universal fix for things not working on a computer. At least it didn’t require rebooting, although even that would be better than nothing. Thanks.

1 Like

What a support :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :unamused:

1 Like

Automatic response :confused:
Always a pleasure

1 Like

Not letting me take a snapshot of my buddy today

2 Likes

Keeping track of whether I’ve used 3 raid passes since my last purchase or only 2 is hit-or-miss while trying to keep up with a group in a sequence of raids.

I just missed yet another raid when I hit the familiar sequence of

• Enter gym
  • Hit the Battle button
  • No raid pass!
  • Back out to gym
  • Back out to world
  • Enter store
  • Pause for images to load (won’t scroll until they do)
  • Scroll up to passes
  • Select passes
  • Hit Purchase button
  • Bag full! Upgrade / OK?
  • Hit OK (already know no more room to upgrade)
  • Back out to world
  • Enter items bag
  • Delete some items
  • Back out to world
  • Enter store
  • Scroll down to passes
  • Select remote passes
  • Purchase
  • Back out to world
  • Reenter gym
  • Hit the Battle button
  • Hit remote pass
  • Fail! (either raid already started or lobby full)
    :dizzy_face::rage::face_with_raised_eyebrow::roll_eyes:

But when I try to feed my buddy and select a Poffin (without having one already) it lets me hit Purchase right there and go on. WHY can’t that same interface be used for raid passes? (And if I’m already over capacity, let me go 3 more items over, and take care of the bag after I’m done raiding.)

And similarly, when we open gifts and hit Bag Full, we can Manage Items Bag right there without having to do the backing out and reentering nonsense; but when we spin a gym stop and hit Bag Full, we have to meticulously back out of the gym, go to the item bag, free up space, back out of the bag, reenter the gym, and spin again. WHY can’t it just reuse the Manage Items Bag subroutine in that place, too?

Ugh. Subroutines and other means of sharing / reusing code for uniformity of behavior has been an industry norm for DECADES. What on earth is the problem with PoGo? Can’t the bag-full condition call manage_items() for the spin like it does for the gift?

The latest update of the game gives you a chance to gamble with your friends, you and your friends can bet on the next time you open the game, whether the roads on the map will disappear or not. :thinking::thinking::thinking::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

For me that is not a gamble. Re-install, open app, all works. Close app and re-open next time, fail. Happened 5 times so far and i’m tired of making new premade groups for pvp, rockets and raiding. So playtime is down to minimum atm.

Haven’t had a cloud in the area for 4 days. Somebody tell the game weather that, though. (It’s shown “cloudy” all day so far, and it’s noon now.) The Heatran and Charizards should be boosted now; but aren’t. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: