Smeargle is here

Getting 1 a day bombing no problem atm apart from 1 Dusting Off.

3 Likes

I got one with 98% IVs. Not that I’d really ever use it, but still … lol …

7 Likes

But I tried many times but still no Smeargle :cry:

3 Likes

Nice work on the 98%.
If I get a 100% I will Max it out for novelty value. Will sit nicely along side the Maxed out 100% Ditto and 100% Shuckle I have.

3 Likes

I’m the same way. I max out anything that’s 100%. I mean, I have a maxed out 100% Mightyena. lol

2 Likes

Don’t worry you will get 1

1 Like

Same here

Got an update:

Smeargle 1: Photobombed the 1st Snapshot.
Smeargle 2: Photobombed the 1st Snapshot again.
Smeargle 3: Photobombed around the 100th Snapshot.
Smeargle 4: Photobombed the 23rd Snapshot.
Smeargle 5: Photobombed the 62nd Snapshot.
Smeargle 6: Photobombed the 3rd Snapshot.
Smeargle 7: Photobombed the 13th Snapshot.
Smeargle 8: Photobombed the 6th Snapshot.

4 Likes

found this video on YouTube check it out it may help you https://youtu.be/Usq8vT_XDdI

1 Like

Got today’s Smeargle after 64 Snapshots.

4 Likes

Got my one a day since release.
7 all up with longest amount of pics taken between 50-60 so far.
Just started to take 3-4 pics in row on the last 2 to see if I can replicate the Photo Bomb on any other pic than the first one. So far it’s only been the first one.
CP and IV’s on these have been poor.

2 Likes

There seems to be some doubt circulating about the ability of Smeargle to photobomb any shot other than the first taken…

So here’s one I just caught on second shot…

These screengrabs show: one the left - the first and second photo taken.
on the right - the sequence of the first three taken (just the edges of shots 1 and 3 are visible.

And here’s my medal :3rd_place_medal::grinning:

7 Likes

First one ran…

4 Likes

That’s strange as it shouldn’t be possible.

2 Likes

Yes it should. The first is the original, the 2nd a copy of the original with the photobomb.

1 Like

This is not the case in the example I posted above.
I clicked the virtual shutter 4 times. I got a sequence of 4 pictures. Smeargle appeared on the second shot.

I’m not sure what else I can do to prove it to you guys.
The only thing I can suggest is that you keep catching your daily Smeargle using the sequence method - that way I’m sure you’ll eventually see it can happen for yourselves. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If I’m right Smeargle was confirmed to only photobomb the first Snapshot. But now I see @celery’s screen shots I’m not sure anymore.

2 Likes

Aha!
Just got my daily Smeargle and once more he appeared in the second frame (see screengrab below).
However this time I only took 2 snaps… yet three appeared in the review!

Exactly as Robdebobrob has suggested: the first was blank, the second was identical to the first except Smeargle appeared and the third was empty again but slightly different.

Doesn’t quite explain how I got it on the fourth shot once, or the instances when it appeared on the second different frame… but the duplicate insert method is certainly one way to get the critter. Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

He photobombed my 2nd picture in a group of 4 this morning.

2 Likes

Smeargle 10: Photobombed the 42nd Snapshot.
Smeargle 11: Photobombed the 72nd Snapshot.
Smeargle 12: Photobombed the 11th Snapshot.

3 Likes