Show and Discus Mega Evolves Here

Needed to evolve one for the latest quest. Did both X and Y at the time not knowing I couldn’t hold both at the same time. Didn’t need that second 100% L40 Charizard after all.

2 Likes

My first mega

3 Likes

I’m not happy with what’s transpired today when I thought I could use 40 energy to use the Charizard I Mega evolved yesterday.
Kept getting error when trying to charge up Y for another 4hrs.
Looks like 200 energy was flushed down the drain yesterday.
It let me use 200 to do the other 100% so did so I can clearly assign one as X and other as Y.

1 Like

Haven’t had much enthusiasm for the mega stuff. This was my first pair of mega evolves. Probably won’t be my last; but I don’t plan to do much with the megas.

3 Likes

I noticed that Mega-Beedrill is one of the top attackers for Cresselia, so I did a mega-evolve with some of the plentiful task reward mega-energy. It performed well.

1 Like

My first Mega evolution

IMG_7178IMG_7180

Did it for the event. I thought about doing Mega Beedrill again but I wanted to see if I could find a third Mega Evolve a Beedrill quest before doing that so I’d get +40 Mega Energy in one go.

1 Like

Evolved mine for the quest too

3 Likes

I’ve only seen 1 fat Pidgeon Raid so far. Going to take me awhile to get enough Pidgeon pingers to Mega evolve that one.
I did Beedrill again as I had 2x 20 Beedrill pingers quests to claim.

You get enough energy to Mega evolve Pidgy with just 2 raids

The subtle differences in color between the pieces of mega energy were almost reasonably detectable with the first three types. If it weren’t the special Mega Pidgeot debut event, though, I would wonder if this research reward Mega Beedrill energy, instead.
Screenshot_20200923-112956_Pokmon%20GO

Is there some straightforward way to identify a piece, without comparing it to the others or having some kind of type-indicator label?

1 Like

For the lulz, but I did get some use out of it against Team GO Rocket. This 'roided hellhound is scary…

3 Likes

3 Likes

I want to have a mega now and then to help with raids. I don’t want to raid all the time just to get the energy for a mega evolve. It would be civilized to provide a way to trade regular candy for energy, even if it’s not a 1:1 exchange rate.

So I’m basically trying to do one mega evolve for each mon that has a mega. But mega remains mostly a novelty for me – not a principal aim of the game.

I don’t know if anyone has gotten the news–or if it’s even permanent–but apparently Mega Energy limits are now 2,000 per species and Mega Evolutions now last 8 hours.

Only for the Dex entry.

2 Likes

I was planning on only doing this for the entry, but Mega Gengar raids ironically forced my hand. Mega Gengar is quite good against itself for as long as it is in.

1 Like

Seems that this Mega-Gengar is afraid that the skies will fall down on his head…

4 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes