Need help to report spoofing

Need to know how to report someone the guy in the picture

2 Likes

Send it to niantic support
what did he do?

1 Like

Go the support page, but you’re going to need compelling evidence. For instance, repeated times he’s taken down a gym without being physically present or helping in raids despite his not being physically there. Things like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, good luck with that.

3 Likes

Yes, you needed a lot of luck as just what I have done before but to no avail.

So I just move on, and find my own nest :grin:

1 Like

Sounds like it’s better just to leave it alone

1 Like

Just get even if you can, else better to leave it alone as what you’ve said :grin:

1 Like

Niantic probably won’t do much about spoofing because they spend more money in the game than legit spoofers.

6 Likes

Around here a lot of players will raid from the cozy confines of their car or apartment, if the gym in-question is within range for that. I certainly do that to the extent that I can when it’s raining. If you can show that there wasn’t an opportunity for that (e.g. if the gym is too distant from any place that a player could be hidden from your sight), then you might have more of a case.

It seems to be one of the trade-offs of not showing physical locations of nearby trainers on the map (stemming, I suspect, from Niantic’s goal to prevent the game from being used as a tool for physically targeting others while they are playing).

4 Likes

And that adds another layer of complication to the matter. It’s honestly next to impossible to report spoofing proper, although I’ve found a few on Discord where one RSVPs at Raids that are two miles apart but five minutes hatch time apart…and he makes both of them. Yeah, likely.

1 Like

wrong

I know I’m probably wrong, but I’m just making a joke for the ones who got it, Guess you didn’t.

2 Likes

I was talking about the money part, there was a joke in it?

I probably responded to you on wrong thread. Just saw notification and responded to that.

1 Like

lulz

I glad you got it.

1 Like

He called you a D*ck

What, who

I like the sofa medal graphic; but trying to imagine the diff between spoofer and ‘legit spoofer’ keeps crashing my brain…

2 Likes

That’s what lul means right