Kyogre and Groudon return

I just wish I have one of each… :sweat:

2 Likes

Did one Kyogre on way to work yesterday and got up early this morning doing 2 more Kyoge and 8 Groudon.
Going 1/3 on Kyogre and 6/8 on Groudon. No Shiny and no Great IV above 93% across mine or Family accts.
Kyogre is still infuriating and frustrating to catch.

Going back out later for another 4hrs of Raids until the end for the day. Hoping things improve or it will be a deflating day.

I have perfect catch rates this time around for either one, but still no Shinies. Trying to focus on Groudon more than Kyogre as I already have two Shiny Kyogre.

Same. I already have 2 shiny Kyogres. But still no shiny Groudon. Also, I will stop raiding Kyogre. I don’t have a good one, but it’s way too hard to catch. Almost impossible to hit with an excellent through, or even a great one. I hate Kyogre because of that. On the other hand, Groudon is so easy to catch. The excellent circle is so big. So that’s gonna be only Groudon from now on (and I already caught a 96% one with 15 attack and defense)

Throwing excellent ok Kyogre isnt that hard. It just takes alot more time.
Make sure you lock the circle on excellent, then wait for him to atack when hes in the middle (or left/right if you are able to hit it on the side).
I agree its annoying, but it does work.

I avoid Kyogre aswell, but only cause i already have it shiny twice, and a very good team of 6. Still need that big green mountain of anger and despair.

1 Like

Not everyone can do the set circle method. I just couldn’t get the hang of it after practing for a few hours. I had to abandon messig aroud with it and just get on with playing the game using the good old anticipation method.
One thing I strongly agree on is you need 10x as much patience with Kyogre than anything else I’ve done.
It’s just frustrating using that time to try catch it when all you want to do is get to another Raid in hope the next one’s the great one or Shiny this week.

1 Like

Now for instalment 2.
Went back out at 2:30 with some ice packs and a cooler bag. Put the phones in the cooler bag between Raids to stop them from over heating. The things we do for the game.
Went 4/4 on Groudon and 6/8 on Kyogre. Never got the Great IV I’m looking for but the luck did change on the other front.

1 Like

I noticed. for the first time in 7 months I raided in a group. 14 total. But I finaly got a trier 5. I’ve got my Kyrogue.

1 Like

Overheating phone??? What phone do you have?

I mostly only do Legendary Raids. It is more fun with large group of people.

2 Likes

iPhone 6s.
There’s a few other influencing factors.
It’s the one that hots spots the other devices.
Aircon in the car is broken at the moment. Modern car with split zones. Passenger side is cool while drivers side is running around 25-6 degrees at a guess. We are in the middle of summer and every day is 35 degrees or above.
The car I use mon-fri to get to and from work is a clunker and also has no working aircon. The phone has shut down for temp warning a couple of times in the last 2 weeks (40 degree days) and has not been the same since. Battery now loses charge much quicker and runs hotter.

I’m totally phone abuser. But only once I got temperature warning. Charging my phone in a 50 *C car … The iPhone 6 is known for overheating.

my old phone which i been using till this week wont even turn on now. It’s been charging for 12 hours. Loving my new phone. Also my ipad hasn’t worked in 8+ months only now am i charging it hoping it turn on.

Still no shiny.

I just wanted them in my Pokedex, didn’t have either until a few days ago. Still working towards Groundon.

Went out tonight with a group of us all in the one car. We got 13 Raids done with 12 accts in each Raid. Only 6 Shiny and no 100% between all of us.
I went 2/2 on Kyogre and 9/11 on Groudon. My best one for the session was a 2929 but unfortunately it run after 10 Gold Razzed Excellent Curve throws. Bit gutted to get my best IV on the return only to have it run on a perfect set of throws.

2 Likes

Drop some 2nd/3rd/4th accounts and you will get more balls for damage on your main account :wink:
Or do you just have a really big car? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When it can run on 10 straight Gold Razzed Curve Excellent I don’t think more balls is going to help. I’m convinced some are just programmed to run no mater what or how good you throw.

Snuck one in on one of the Gyms I’m working on for Gold on the way to work this morning. Garbage IV and not Shiny.

1 Like

I now have THREE Shiny Kyogre. I think I used up my Shiny Luck this event.

Me too lol, even got a 98% Groudon
Still no shiny Don

I’m trying to get 9 of each doing good so far just about there