1. A challenge system
For solo players a challenge system could be implemented as an alternative way to obtain legendaries. For example:
To have a chance to catch Entei this month:
Hatch 50 eggs
Walk 100 km
Catch 30 fire type Pokemon
At the end of the month, you have a chance to catch entei. Like with raids it would use premier balls. Depending on how many of the challenges you beat you would get a different number of premier balls. For example:
1 challenge beaten = 4 premier balls
2 challenge beaten = 8 premier balls
**3 challenge beaten = 14 premier balls as an extra reward for defeating all challenges. You could also get raid rewards like rare candies, golden razz berries or TMs for finishing all 3 challenges before the end of the month.
Entei would be similarly difficult to catch as in the normal raids. You could buy another quest for coins if you already had the legendary.
2. A Pokestop and Gym Request System
This one would be pretty simple. As Pokemon go is no longer as popular as it used to be, the amount of the requests would be somewhat more manageable. An idea would be that you need a request ticket to request something. This could cost 100 coins or you could get one from a 7 day streak pokestop. This would make sure to an extent that everyone could request a pokestop or gym but not so that people could spam.
3. Better Items
Part 1 - Berries
I would like quite simply to see a double stardust and maybe double exp berry. It would be an interesting feature that would kind of make the berries feel more complete.
Possibly also a berry to lower the chance of a Pokemon running away.
Part 2 - Pokeballs
I think that new pokeball types would be nice addition. There could be some or all of the following:
Dusk ball - increases catch rate at night
Heavy ball - increases catch rate dependant on the weight
Quick ball - increases catch rate on first throw. This could have some raid potential as well.
Timer ball - increases catch rate every time Pokemon breaks free.
Master ball - guaranteed capture but it may need a new capture method to insure that it doesn’t miss, or get attacked away.
4. Better equality
Right now the game is pretty unfair. To get the best experience this quick list of 13 things must all occur or have occured.
- Use an apple device, not android (for AR+)
- Not be on the update where Pokemon go plus doesn’t work on Apple.
- Be in a big city for all the following reasons
More people to do the raids
Higher likelihood of having spawns, pokestops and gyms in your home
More and better nests
- Use social media (for raids)
- Have means of transport faster than walking (for raids)
- Own a Pokemon Go Plus
- Live in an area where all the local pokestops are accessible, to stop the frustrating moment when a Pokemon you want is in a pokestops in a park which is shut. (Happened with me and a Gyarados)
- Have enough people of other teams in your area to knock down the gyms.
- Have enough people in your team to keep up the gyms.
- Be on Google account and not PTC account (Google is far more stable when the servers go down)
- Live in the right country (because sponsored gyms get far more EX raids than non sponsored gyms)
- Have enough active players to complete raids (a bit of an overlap with 3.)
- Have a schedule that can be changed quickly and without much warning (so that if a legendary raid appears you can arrive in time)
If all of these have a 1 in 2 chance of happening, then 1 in every 8192 people would have this perfect occurrence. Obviously some of these things are far more (or less) likely than that. But the fact of the matter is that many of these things could be fixed by future updates.
- Bring AR+ to android.
- Fix Go Plus on iOS.
- Make the challenge system as said above for raids and add the request system for more pokestops and gyms.
- Add a challenge system for those who don’t like social media, and make an easier way in game to connect with people.
- Unfixable by updates. Making raid timers longer would be an improvement though.
- Unfixable by updates.
- A feature to disable certain pokestops from nearby list.
- Make all gyms be knocked down automatically after 7 days because your Pokemon are too tired.
- Unfixable by updates.
- Unfixable by updates besides making PTC more stable.
- Add sponsored gyms and pokestops to all countries.
- Add a challenge system.
- Make raid timers longer.
5. A new tracker set up
The current tracker is nice. It is good to be able to see exactly where the Pokemon are. But… I feel like there are some imperfections with it.
If a Pokemon is not near a pokestop you don’t see it. This is annoying because if your route doesn’t involve any pokestops then you can’t see what’s around. It is also annoying when there are 4 sentret at the one pokestop so you can’t see anything else nearby. A way to fix this is to add a button that when pressed changes to the old sightings system.
It gets filled up very easily. This is a problem when there are 15 Pokemon near pokestops in a park. If there is 8 sentret 5 spinarak a spearow and a dragonite in a park then you would want to see the dragonite. If you are in the wrong spot then you will just see sentret, spinarak and maybe spearow. With sightings you would see all 8 sentret as one. Same with the 5 spinarak. So then there would be: 1 sentret 1 spinarak 1 spearow and 1 dragonite on the sightings. This could be implemented with that button or by adding a nearby filter option.
Hopefully you enjoyed reading that. I didn’t want to make it any longer than this because it would take forever to read anyway. Leave your ideas below this!