I emailed Niantic and GUESS what

To many good ideas, i am not used to someone else dropping great ideas.

:muscle:t5:

2 Likes

I definitely want more story interaction with team leaders

1 Like

We are partners and colleagues in this. You send emails to Niantic and together we can make great things happen in the game!

2 Likes

Absolutely. Absolutely!

1 Like

Perfect

2 Likes

Thank you @Mapman42!

There should be a button that says “I’m ready” on raid lobby screen to skip the waiting.

1 Like

i sent them that

3 Likes

Good, it’s annoying that you have to wait so long to get in.

3 Likes

Yes, this is absolutely necessary to begin with. Niantic should hear Pokemon Go players regarding Pokestop/Gym Submission, edits and more. Let die hard PoGo player control pokestop and gym placement because we are the ones who play the game and not (ALL) Ingress players.

I myself have go to the extent of signing up to Ingress just to be able to edit pokestop and gym placement and info in our little rural area. Got lucky to have accepted my edition and the big one is to have the gym transported to our clubhouse location and not to a possible Ingress player’s backyard a hundred meters or so. Go to the extent of screencapturing Google Earth’s view of the area just to point that the gym is not existing in the previous spot and that area is not what it says in the gym details, but just a duplicate spot of another pokestop in the center of the subdivision. Got a break and they listen, deleting the old gym’s location and promoting the pokestop into a gym, which is by far, accurate and more accessible to the general public.

I love the idea of Niantic letting us PoGo players to be able to submit pokestop and gym placement for new location, edits for the old inaccurate ones and hope not just tied to players level but rather a sort of reputation base, or voting base arrangement. Because player level is not one prime factor but rather a lot of other factor could come in play like player’s familiarity with the spot/area. I say this because in our area, a lot of pokestop and gyms have bad info like names, details and even pictures (which is obviuously have been taken by someone on a car that just happen to have just passed by in order to capture something for tagging).

Being a Google Local guide also, I have tried capturing a good images of some stop in our area and been lucky to have been accepted my edits in Ingress and seen them implemented in PoGo. I just hope time will come soon that I could do it right inside Pokemon Go app and not be force to play Ingress just to edit or submit anything that I want to be inplemented in Pokemon Go.

Fingers Crossed!

3 Likes

I agree with you. I’m also a Google local guide and I’ve been posting photos of places that could become pokestops or gyms. In my town there are several pokestops with random names and inaccurate information, but I don’t play Ingress so I can’t do anything about it. Player level is just one of the factors to consider when POI submission comes, other factors should be taken into consideration like you said: familiarity with the area, using official tourist organization’s guides when adding info about a place, being trustworthy etc. I hope Niantic will make a good system for POI submission that will benefit all players no matter where they live.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure about this but I hope some sort of actual RATING pokemons could be implemented in-game(PoGo app) so that players would not resort into using third party (separate app like IV calculator) app just to know their pokemons stat in their pokedex. Team Leaders rating is also a bit vague in their appraisal by means of their repetitive phrases, instead why not just give Real Numbers so that players will be able to accurately rate their pokemons and save a tons of time and some bad moves. I have accidentally deleted my supposed Shiny Aron because of this wherein I appraised every caught pokemon outright and delete them immediately (to save space) if the phrase says “May Not Be Great In Battle” (Valor) The only thing I remember is the Red Eyes of the Aron the moment I aim for it, the somewhat new animation when it was caught and a glimpse of small stars when viewed in details but my fingers are swift to do its routine so there it goes, poooofff! GONE!

I just wished my phone have lagged that time, maybe the deletion could have been cancelled… haha

3 Likes

Yes, I hate having to go to open Calcy IV. lose precious time where I could be adding pokemon to gyms, spinning stops, and catching rare and valuable mons.

3 Likes

And I hope they will do it, sooner… :grin:

Because for me, it is one of the foundation of a Location-Based game/app.

I have also just think of this, some sort of location (pokestop/gym) LEVEL or something that would differentiate a Known spot (historical/arts/cultural) from the backyard spot like for example, a well known National Historical site being able to give unique items (a limited times/per player) when spinned (not the usual pokeball or berries) and could maybe spawned a unique pokemon also (just like that of raid, but suited for players level at the moment of access)

That is to reward players into going to a uniqe location that cannot be found elsewhere in the whole world, and that each player will not be able to visit most of the time (unless they live meters from the area but a limit could be imposed like reward for that account could only be given once per week or month).

A rather complicated idea but it is a real world rewarding and would emphasize Pokemon Go’s “Explore The Real World” objective.

3 Likes

This might not be fair for trainers that live near the stop, compared to the ones who live no where near them. @HLAJR

1 Like

Yes, you are right on that. So it should implement some sort of restriction per account/player like reward could only happens once per week or month depending in the uniqueness of the spot/area. Challenging to code. :grin:

Like for example in our country, the Philippines. We have our National Park called Rizal Park, also locally known as Luneta Park located in the heart of Metro Manila, the capital city.

When I was small, we live in the town just one ride from the park but I have been there just maybe twice or thrice. And although we now live a hundreds of kilometers away, it is still one ride away with bus, and the irony of it, I have not visited it for almost over 30years :grin: Sadly, I have not used PoGo that time as we were there for another place and reason, just happen to got passed by the National Park.

Anyway, just a wild idea :joy:

2 Likes

I have argued to show stats in game numerous times here

1 Like

i sent them this btw

1 Like

I live in a regional city and despite having 75 gyms within 10 minutes drive of each other, there is a lot of contention on the gyms meaning you have to take many to get your coins for the day.

I think it would be good to remove the current limit of 6 players to a gym, but this would come at a cost.

Option 1:

The more pokemon in the gym, the faster their cp drops, the less effective berries are at healing and golden razz usage would become more limited, e.g. 10 monsters in gym might mean players can only feed 5 gold razz per monster instead of 10, 20 limits to 3, you get the drift.

Option 2:

Cp Cap, by this a gym might be limited to say 20,000cp total, pokemons cp would decay same as it does atm, but other team members can come along and add monsters if the total cp has dropped, but pokemon to be added can’t make the total cp exceed the limit, e.g. total cp of 18,000 means a player can add a pokemon of up to 2,000cp.

1 Like