General Chat - Global pandemic - What should Niantic do?

I can see there is a great disconnect here between what Niantic is working on and a perceived notion that Niantic isn’t doing enough. If there is one thing Niantic isn’t doing enough of is quality control of their product–like I said before that I’m a huge critic of their approaches to fixing technical issues that hamper the UX–but even I know where credit is due: Niantic has gone above and beyond to help players in this crisis, but they really didn’t have to.

The fact of the matter is that they are a business, one that you can choose to support or not support financially. You can choose not to and still play, which is more than can be said by many other games available on the market. What really is going on here is that there is a section of players here that believe the game should be more free in the face of a crisis, even more than it already is, which is also more than it was before the crisis.

What is clearly evident is a maturity problem and a gratuitous amount of argument fallacies. I fully support in a closure of this thread and vigilance on the moderators part for making sure this topic isn’t revisited until cooler heads prevail and people take the time to consider if their post is logically sound and not emotionally driven. Feelings are not facts, appreciate what has been changed; and if more needs to be done, take the time to do it in a manner that shows an actual lack in performance and not entitlement.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

He doesn’t. We do. And @MrHeineken88 doesn’t decide wether the topic gets closed. We do. Though, he has the right to request it, and he has made use of this right.

Topic closed.
Besides the topic and the yes-no/right-wrong arguments,

Have a nice day everybody, and I wish you all the best of days. Stay healthy!

4 Likes