Niantic has done some great stuff to help us during this.
- EX raids are completey shut down (which makes my hundo Genesect a bit more special)
- 1 coin box every week with some nice stuff
- increased spawns
- increased gifts from stops + holding 20 gifts at once + opening 30 gits per day.
- Legendary boss in PvP ( i do think this was always planned and not so much for the COVID situation)
- 1 hour incense with higly boosted timers
- 80 meter range of gyms for raiding and spinning discs.
- remote raiding incoming.
- maybe some other stuff i can’t remember atm.
This is all stuff they didn’t have to do, but did anyway.
Many other game developers don’t do sh!t for their gamers, Niantic tries
Maybe remote raiding is a cashgrab, but isn’t shiny legendary raiding that anyway as long as we can’t stack free raidpasses? Heck, even pvp is a cashgrab if you think about it with better rewards via paid passes.
Calling for a complete shutdown for raids is sellfish, more sellfish then others wanting to keep them going.
Tier 1-3 is soloable. Tier 4-5 is doable as long as you’re not in complete lockdown. If you are in complete lockdown, then PvP.
Remember that these are NOT shiny legendaries you are missing out on. So what is the big deal to begin with?
NOT everyone is in full lockdown. What is next after raids, stop all other events like the current easter event?
shut down the entire game while this is going on to prevent people from going out? Keeping raids up doesn’t hurt, barely any1 raids atm anyway and most do solo raids.