General Chat - Global pandemic - What should Niantic do?

By having the event: walk-as-much-as-you-can right at this moment?

Check the vlogs of Mystic7, Zoetwodots, Trainertips and more. They play, at home, or alone outside without causing risk to anyone.
For me, i’ve been playing by car this entire event (as i do always tbh). Where is the harm in that?

Again, you don’t have to raid or participate. Just sit it out. Those who do, do by following the local rules.
Calling for a complete shutdown of raids or events will hurt the game and won’t to squat for COVID containment.
Again, not every1 is in full lockdown. Rules are different per country.
Again, you are NOT missing out on anything in the raids atm. There is no need to raid with the current raidbosses, no urge to raid, so no urge to risk it, If people are not risking it, why shut it down? And those very very very few that do follow the local rules.

1 Like

Just read the post I started with the sentence “You guys make me feel like I am the only adult here :alien:
There is really nothing else to say abou this.

calling others childish proves your statement?

There is indeed nothing more to say about this. You and the OP are disagreeing with everyone else here, and not willing willing to contribute to the discussion with only calling people sellfish and childish.

Conclusion: we agree agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Are you seriously jumping into confinement and also playing from the car?

And you wonder why Niantic has to take action? If you are an example of why Niantic should take them.

you actually took the time to SS that to make a statement? Wow, that is childish.

Yes I play by car.
Have i said how? No. Don’t judge about what you don’t know.

Watch Zoetwodots and Mystic7 vlogs, maybe you’ll learn 2 thing or 2 about playing by car.,

1 Like

People are not going to change their routines if Niantic doesn’t change the game: leaving the house to raid and cashing in at gyms is the game routine. Routine against the laws of many countries right now.

Niantic has to stop the raids and the gyms and give a real alternative: change the daily pass for a pokemon to choose from those available in raids, including legendary, and the 50 coins.
Are simple changes that can be applied now. ¡NOW! Because are people becoming infected and dying NOW.

All the action Punica listed above are driven by the approach “what we can change in the game which will not cost us much and which could benefit us instead”.
In shorter version “how we can benefit the most from current situation?”.
I can see it is working very well for them indeed.
Yes, it is an approach, implemented very well by Swiss Banks during second WW.
But this approach is one big failure in regards “big power - big responsibility”.

There are times - like World War or Global Pandemic - when you should stop looking for you profit and start thinking how you can help. Especially when you are one of the biggest influencers over the globe.

Yeah no, very mature you are.

You are the only one here not taking responsibillity. Crying about YOUR situation, not looking to the rest of the world.
“People with a gym on their house have an unfair advantage” well do something about it. Make something for your surroundings. Ive seen plenty of little free librarys or creative street tiles on wayfarer from people who want a stop at their home. And i approve them cause they actually improve the surroundings. Adding something people can share at or enjoy.

There is NO reason for you to leave the house for POGO at the moment. Nothing exclusive you cant get outside of this event. For those of us that can still go outside (with limitations) its a nice escape from day to day live that got alot more boring.

And again: If its against YOUR law to play POGO at the moment, then YOU follow YOUR law. Meanwhile im sticking to mine, and as soon as that changes ill keep sticking to it. Cause im not such an immature child that i feel the need to break laws over some game.

1 Like

So we are back at “this is a problem of the countries having a lock-down” … ok, I give up.

What non-discussion.

1. Niantic is not a government or authority of some sort. Acting like that would be wrong on so many levels.

2. Niantic is an commercial business and has the right to act like this. As long as there are no laws or rules telling Niantic to act differently they would be stupid to stop making money, because they will not have any right on any financial compensation (as some other companies do, because they had to close by orders from the government).

3. People have there own responsibility. If they choose to play the game and while doing so braking a law or rule is their own responsibility (or the parents if it’s a minor.)

4. In countries with a soft-lockdown you may go outside and I wouldn’t advise to lock your self in unless the government tells you so. Going outside once in awhile is good for your mental health. It helps to relax (and that is beneficial for your immune system). You are more at risk buying food at your local grocery store than meters apart raiding.

5. Saying there is only one adult here is implicating that others are childish and/or irresponsible is not a real nice thing to say (let’s keep it at that).

@moderators, I think it’s time lock this because it is going in circles and is going in the complete wrong direction.

5 Likes

Yes, sorry - it was my fault - I quite easily get annoyed when people do not understand what I am trying to say.
But it on me - not on them, sorry again.

(but in points 1-4 you are gravely mistaken, but I have alredy gave up :wink: )

Who gives you the right to decide when a topic is closed?

I see three kinds of attitudes:
· Those who who ask Niantic to do their part so that the pandemic does not spread
· Those who always stand up for what Niantic does
· Those who don’t care about the rest as long as they continue well

Calm down… the same way I can ask: who are you to say that he can’t ask for it?

Something different is, if we, the moderators, do it or not.

I think in this discussion will be no outcome, but two days is a bit short to give the people time to think and answer.

1 Like

Well then youre not looking hard enough.

I agree with him this topic is better off being closed. It’s now more of a battle between those in total lockdown and those that can still play. This conversation went far off-topic as well.

2 Likes

The topic for this discussion was what Niantic supposed to do now an why.
All the posts were perfectly on that topic.
We have exchanged our opinions - as usual different - with no common conclusion (as usual) and no real outcome (as usual) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not true, the topic was about removing Raids. But it doesn’t matter anyways.

Edit: I’ve changed the title to prevent further misunderstandings.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: The thread topic was changed from “Niantic, stop the raids NOW!” to “Global pandemic - What should Niantic do?” (apologies if those weren’t the exact words, though)

1 Like

yes