Dreaming of a way to improve IVs

My wish for Pokemon GO.

Add the ability to “train” pokemon some way to increase IV stats. Make it hard to do but this would be so nice!!!

Maybe fight in 50 battles for one IV point or something.

What are your thoughts?

4 Likes

I really want an IV boost.

My TTar needs to get better.

And training needs to be readed, so this would be a good way to bring it back :+1:.

1 Like

Even though that is a good idea niantic doesn’t get to things like that for like a year. Email them and see if they respond though.

@clreeder welcome back :+1:.

3 Likes

Battle Pokémon for Attack, Walk as your buddy for Stamina, Raid for Defense.

I would look at a sliding scale, something along the lines of 10 battles for 0 IV, 15 for 2 etc. Same for walking and raids. This would mean you would really invest in your Pokémon to make them good.

The reason I suggest raids instead of hours of defense is to accommodate legendaries.

9 Likes

@Thorend has a good point about increasing a Pokémon attack IV by winning battle, the higher the attack IV. the higher number of wins need to boost attack IV by even 1 single point. It gives trainers more reasons to battle even under the current tab-and-swipe system.

1 Like

Maybe if a pokemon has a 100 battles won, its attack gets increased by one, 200 battles, 2, and up to 500 for 5.

Yeah, it maybe only requires 10 wins to increase a pokemon attack IV from 0 to 1, but it will requires a much larger number of wins to increase from 13 to 14.

2 Likes

Exactly, I think the increases should work like XP, the higher the IV number the more work it takes.

9 Likes

As Thorend mentioned it should be stepped with the hardest/longest to obtain an increase from 14 to 15 to get it to the Max.
Raiding for Attack increase
Gym Battles for Stamina
Bring Back Training for Defense with Training Battles not counting for your Battle stats.

5 Likes

Any idea on how to make this as a feature request to Niantic?

That’s a very neat idea, because it won’t totally take away the charm of hunting that wild 100% IV Pokémon, but if you have one with weaker IV it can still be boosted if you like.

1 Like

Treat pvp (vs trainer or computer) as training – each battle gains a point, and a win gains another point. Can cash in points to improve moves:
. 35 points to get a new fast move
. 50 points to get a new charged move
. 75 points to choose a new fast move
. 125 points to choose a new charged move
Or cash in points to improve IV:
. 150 points to +1 either HP, Attack, or Defense [max 15]
. 200 points to +1 either HP, Attack, or Defense and choose which [max 15]

2 Likes

Three fast moves?

Where?

You get a new fast move twice

I’m a Pokémon noob, so I don’t know if this was a thing in the “normal” games. But in Let’s Go you can do something called hyper training (after becoming the Champ). You take your level 100 Pokémon to Mr. Hyper (situated in the Pokémon daycare) and for a bottle cap he maxes one stat of your Pokémon (or all stats for a golden bottle cap). I got a perfect Mewtwo by this…

It’s hard to imagine how this could be translated to PoGo, though. But let’s see…

• having your Pokémon on the maximum level could still be a prerequisite. I know, many people below level 38 will hate me for this…
  • the bottle caps could be introduced as a requirement easily, too. Ok, it’s another new item, but having seen the number of different items in Let’s Go, I don’t care any more…
  • We would then need a hyper trainer, this could be our team leaders, Prof. Willow or a new person (Mr. Hyper?)… The hyper trainer should not be available 24/7… so maybe only once a week… after a research breakthrough? Something like this…
  • then we still need a way to earn those bottle caps. PvP sounds obvious, but I’m not sure if this should be the only way
2 Likes

It’s in USUM too

1 Like

Yeah

Well, it would be cool, but one 100% iv Pokemon loses its value. But i think it would do more good than bad

USUM? United States of Upper Michigan? Under Secretary for Unsold Merchandise? Sorry for the ignorance…

2 Likes