GO Hub Articles - Clamperl Limited Research Day Announced in Pokemon GO!

Was just gonna say that. Usually on tier 5 raids they are pretty easy. Just gotta time it right.

2 Likes

Iā€™m fed up with the tasks that require consecutive throws to get called ā€˜greatā€™ by the game (whether itā€™s 5 or even just 3), when so many times a throw thatā€™s exactly in the center of the target, and seemingly identical to one that got a ā€˜greatā€™ or even ā€˜excellentā€™ doesnā€™t even get a ā€˜niceā€™.

Sometimes Iā€™d almost rather get a ā€œcatch 20 dittosā€ task than a 5 great curveballs in a rowā€¦ (just kidding; but I think Iā€™m through with trying this infernal task for good, Iā€™ll mark the heart spinda as one more pokemon Iā€™ll never have, and get on with playing the game)

2 Likes

I stink at* in a row tasks and cureballs throws but got a hint that sudowoodo is easy circle for greats and it breaks out a lot , I found a couple and got my hear r Spinda today so try it

1 Like

exactly in the center and not even nice? Then its just cause colored circle (green,yellow,red) is so small its impossible for you to hit in it. You gotta wait for that to be big or else you can throw in the center all day long but it wont count.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, I know that, and when Iā€™m careful (like during these tasks) I nanab and wait for the target circle to be at its largest before releasing my throw. Usually I alternate randomly between ā€˜niceā€™ and ā€˜greatā€™, which frustrates me.

But sometimes Iā€™ll hit just the same spot with just the same curve as the previous throw (which got a ā€˜greatā€™ or better) and see the throw get ā€˜niceā€™ or nothing, which makes me feel ripped off.

1 Like

I just hope no one will quarrel if how Clamperl will evolve into Huntail or Gorebyss :smile:

Ɓny information out how to evolve Clamperl? I have enough candies to evolve two of them, but Iā€™m afraid to do it on the lucky way an get two of the same type

In my opinion this was a good event. Nice surprise with shiny Clamperl, high shiny rate too, high spawn rate of Water-type PokĆ©mon, lots of rare evolved Water-type spawns such as Prinplup, Kingler, Sharpedo, Blastoise, Slowbro, Golduck, Feraligatr, Kabutops, Omastar, Pelipper. Lots of different Water-type spawns. LOTS OF KRABBY. Quests werenā€™t as difficult as they were during Feebas Community Day. Out of 50 Clamperl I caught (all with Pinap) I got 4 shinies. Got lots of Candy and XP and Stardust today. And that for only two hours of playing. I was also suprised with two Perfect IV Clamperl in a row. Only one thing was, because there were SO MANY spawns, I was doing more shiny checks than Researches, but thatā€™s also not really a problem. Also there were a lot of Lures and over hundreds of people hunting.

In my honest opinion, Community Day is nothing compared to this event. Niantic really should continue with this kind of events. BUT they also really should realease PokeStop submission worldwide, so more players can do more Researches.
From 1 to 10, this event was a 9.1, in my opinion.

For the regions that havenā€™t had their Clamperl RD yet, see the spawns and the quests Iā€™ve noticed below:

• Feebas
  • Krabby/Kingler
  • Slowbro (no Slowpoke)
  • Psyduck/Golduck
  • Luvdisc
  • Wailmer
  • Wingull/Pelipper
  • Kabuto/Kabutops
  • Magikarp
  • Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
  • Omanyte/Omastar
  • Buizel
  • Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise
  • Tentacool/Tentacruel
  • Staryu/Starmie
  • Clamperl (Research only)
  • Whiscash (no Barboach)
  • Vaporeon
  • Qwilfish
  • Shellder/Cloyster
  • Surskit/Masquerain
  • Spheal/Sealeo
  • Piplup/Prinplup
  • Corphish
  • Chinchou/Lanturn
  • Poliwag/Poliwhirl
  • Carvalho/Sharpedo
  • Mudkip/Marshtomp
  • Horsea
  • Marill
  • Dewgong
  • Make 5 Nice Throws
  • Make 3 Nice Throws in a row
  • Make 3 Great Throws
  • Make 2 Great Throws in a row
  • Make 5 Curveball Throws
  • Catch 5 Water-type PokĆ©mon
  • Catch a Magikarp or Wailmer
  • Catch a Psyduck or Krabby
  • Battle in a Gym
  • Use a super effective Charged Attack in a Gym battle
  • Battle in a Raid
  • Spin 2 PokĆ©Stops
  • Use 3 Berries to help catch PokĆ©mon (you donā€™t have to catch the PokĆ©mon)
  • Evolve 2 Water-type PokĆ©mon

Oh and I forgot that I hatched my first ChinglingšŸ˜

Got lucky and now I have one shiny Gorebyss, one shiny Huntail and two shiny Clamperl.

7 Likes

Completely random is all I find. What I also found is that Clamperl will be added to the wild.

2 Likes

It might have been a fluke but I named two shiny Clamperl Keith (a male) and Nancy (a female) after characters in the show who had them. Each of them evolved into the respective form I had hoped for.

Nancy was Gorebyss and Keith was Huntail

It could have been a fluke but it wouldnā€™t be the first time that there was a name trick.

Gender is irrelevant as I later evolved regular form Clamperl and got the opposite evolved forms. I didnā€™t try the name trick again as I know this would only work once (as per Eevee).

4 Likes

Found a disscusion on reddit about it. But the conversations is pointing to total randomness.

1 Like

In the moment Iā€™m still waiting, but thanks for the information.

1 Like

I think I will give the name-trick a try. Iā€™ll let you know in a few minutes.

1 Like

So random it is. No nametrick, no gender trick.

4 Likes

Looks like it is random, because mine were the other way around. But at least you got one of each! :rofl:

2 Likes

I think the first two were ment to evolve in the separate forms.

And I got a 100% Huntail, a shiny Huntail, a 100% Gorebyss and a shiny Gorebyss. So maybe itā€™s not random at all.

2 Likes

got 2 more Gorebyss, so I still think it is random.

How many candy does it take to evolve