Anyone else noticed this minor QOL update?

And if so, how long have I missed it for?

With any Pokémon in your storage you can scroll down to the bottom and there is a “swap buddies” button. I have wanted this for a while now, and am happy to have it.

1 Like

I have installed today version 0.303.2, maybe it came with this?

1 Like

I only noticed it when I was bag-cleaning last night. Haven’t used it, yet; but seeing it made me remember how tedious it has been to find a new buddy and then to remember which it was when going back to the buddy interface to choose that for my buddy.

1 Like

No idea how long it’s been a feature.

1 Like

This QOL update happened at midnight here in the UK…

Looks luvverly but EATS battery life at an incredible rate - went from 100% to 32% during a 40 minute walk this afternoon AND lags so badly that I can no longer play on my old iPad (makes it impossible to throw pokeballs correctly) :man_facepalming: :cry:

1 Like

Just a few hours. I saw the first reports of it either last night or yesterday evening.

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies! @vorgriff3 yes you’d have to like go and rename that Pokémon so you could find it—it was such a pain :disappointed_relieved:
Glad we have this now!
@celery is there a way to disable that feature then? Or are we stuck with lag and no battery? :fearful:

1 Like

In the advanced settings there is this tab:

And here is the difference it makes: off first…

…but it seems to make no noticeable difference to battery drainage :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I don’t see that option here, yet, and am hoping that it doesn’t fall on us anytime soon. While it looks great, we already have enough trouble with net lag and inconsistent network coverage. The last thing we need now is to have the data quantity multiplied. Especially when there are several FUNCTIONAL issues that I consider more important to fix than these COSMETIC issues.

1 Like

I’m still stuck with boring backgrounds…

1 Like

Don’t have it either…

2 Likes

Today I have taken another look to the menu.
And I found in “Advanced Settings” - “Quality” in the same part where @celery has “Enhanced Graphics” I have “Native Refresh Rate”.

Any reason for this difference?

Different regional linguistic sensitivities (a.k.a. “microaggressions”)? My theory, anyway.

Native Refresh Rate, when enabled, uses more battery but yields smoother graphics.

But not this funny ones with flowers in front of the capturable Pokémon.

This is what we have in the UK - where Niantic are conducting their diabolical experiments.

I’ve turned everything off - but it still doesn’t help.

The game crashes repeatedly - on average once every three minutes.
• Can’t raid properly (definitely can’t risk remote raiding)
• Can’t collect research rewards (encounters go straight into the stack),
• can’t send/open gifts,
• can’t trade,
• can’t PvP or local battle,
• can’t evolve/purify/power-up,
• can’t use photo button or AR+,
• can’t spin gyms or Pokestops
• sometimes can’t even just walk down the street

To clarify …all the above will work sporadically, but not reliably.

Basically the game doesn’t function anymore.

Was in my local town yesterday afternoon and chatted to a couple of other players I know. They told me that about half of the local group were unable to play at the moment. Some have said they quit for good, the others are frustrated and waiting to see if an update will fix the problems.

If this gets rolled out worldwide then it’ll be a complete disaster.

*edit: should also mention that this is happening on newer phones as well as older models - and regardless of the amount of RAM.

2 Likes

Hoho, and this in a game where they want to make money…

Or maybe it’s just their way to get rid of it. Without doing it by themself, but provocing a big abandone of the players…

Couple of other things I forgot to mention:

• can’t follow routes
• ‘white flash’ evident at the start of every Pokemon encounter
• frequent lag during the encounter causing ball to the thrown inaccurately

Seriously cheesed off :rage:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness @celery that’s horrible! I had no idea that it was so bad! :fearful:

Oohh, I’m very affraid.

Half an hour ago I have received news from Niantic that they will change worldwide our way to see the surroundings, the battles and everything.

Changing the maps at 22 of april. I’m affraid they will copy the trouble @celery notice all around the world…

3 Likes