Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

While the immediate pic for the one above is not great in my opinion it is better than the rejected one.
My reason is the rejected one has both the Bike Sign and the Give Way Sign prominent in the pic where as the accepted one does not have any other sign or possible Poi confusing the nomination.

If I was doing the nominations of these Bike Tracks this is the pic I would use for the Photo Disc.

The pic you used would almost be the long pic to show the Poi and it’s surrounding.

1 Like

I see what you mean, I guess it would make sense. I do agree I maybe should have zoomed in more; I made this one in a hurry as there’s often people on the street there and they of course must not disturb the picture so I took it quickly. I do still think they tend to make big problems when it comes down to these trailmarkers, though. It’s not that the background was disturbing. The only thing I could see why the picture would be bad is because it wasn’t exactly centered, however I’ve seen much worse go through.

I know pedestrian bridges are borderline acceptable - though some have been accepted instantly whereas some take forever to go through - but they are eligible. Even Niantic has accepted a plain one here. It’s kinda frustrating but hey, that’s not the worst.

There is one particular rejection that annoys me, though:

I think just this would already be enough to show there’s a pedestrian bridge there. I showed it in the supporting photo too though it was hard to ensure the supporting photo can be combined with Google Maps to make clear it exists there. Anyway, it should be obvious it is there. Okay, it if was just simply rejected, nothing wrong. But they actually rejected this for fake nomination when it’s clearly there. Not only is this extremely annoying, it does harm to my Wayfarer account as well. I had one rejected for abuse earlier on, again not sure why, but if I keep getting these rejection reasons I might even have a chance to lose my account, and that for doing nothing wrong. I will try to renominate it and see if it goes in Niantic voting again if not I’ll withdraw and appeal because it’s insane how these reviewers behave.

Update: nothing has seem to have happened with my account yet fortunately. Also the “fake nomination” now got replaced with “low quality picture”. That seems to be another reason they throw in if they just do not like the nomination because there’s definitely nothing wrong with this picture.

I hope these reasons are just bugged because I don’t want to lose my Wayfarer (and possibly, Pokémon GO account) especially not if I’ve always followed the rules.

Aaaaaand “fake nomination” is back at its place.

Footbridges are a continuous favourite for the voting community up there with trail markers.
They are hit and miss just like trail markers.
Just need to renominate until they go through.

My third nom was accepted the other day and can confirm the other Poi that I put the likes on became the Gym. A small sample size but it was 3 from 3 manipulating which Poi becomes the Gym.

1 Like

Had two trailmarkers and a footbridge accepted today. Also a mosaic stone that they love to reject. That is 4/4 accepted and all 4 could’ve easily been rejected as well. That is how I’d like to see it more!

One of the trailmarkers will create a Gym and I will check of the like system works for this one.

Also, as a bonus:

My own nomination showed up in the highlights! Now that was a cool thing to see! It didn’t even become a Pokestop because I missread the Cell but this made up for it😅

1 Like

@NotanotherKangaskhan

It looks like the Stop with the most pictures/likes total will become the gym. I gave it another try and the one I selected to become a Gym did indeed become a Gym. Not sure what happened when the one with 6 total got picked for a Gym instead of the one with 7 total, though. Maybe the likes were indeed too late to have the one with 7 become a Gym then. But it does seem to work :+1:

1 Like

Also had another pedestrian bridge rejected for pedestrian access. I guess I will do my next appeal on this bridge as it keeps getting rejected. At least they did apparently read my text stating it wasn’t a duplicate as it didn’t get rejected for duplicate this time so that is a good thing. I wonder who put “pedestrian access” in though. I also wonder how many people need to pick that rejection reason before it shows up. Other rejection reason was the picture again, at this point I’m starting to believe they just pick that one if they want to have the nomination rejected but have no reason for rejection (which makes sense as pedestrian bridges are eligible).

Just had another accepted from a weekend nom that turned an existing Pokestop into a Gym.
Just as I had completed everything in this large region Gold I’ve gone and created 4 Gyms :man_facepalming:.
1 is Gold already.
1 has 5 days to go.
1 has 12 days to go.
1 not started yet.
The 2 I’m in I expect to go 1 stay as they are a 3km loop walk.

I sometimes forget how frustrating Niantic Wayfarer is.

Six of my nominations have been stuck in voting forever. One that got in voting two weeks later already got accepted the week after and it was one they love to reject. Just got one of them back - rejected for alive animal. I’m assuming it’s because the name of the street is salmon but the fact I really have to clarify that is just ridiculous.

I’ve also stopped reviewing nominations that can go either way as I appear to lose agreements due to other reviewers not knowing the rules.

Finally had some pictures go through for one of my nominations. If anyone is willing to help me get likes on them, please let me know. It is to get that stop to become a Gym.

I will help you.

1 Like

I think @bagguille has already given me the likes I needed, but I can send you the gift too. More likes on the pictures is always welcome. I will go get them either tomorrow or Friday and will send the gift once I have it. However I also have more coming up once the pictures finally get accepted.

Looks like all the pictures are finally returning. I have another stop that needs upvotes on the picture so I’ll collect Gifts from that stop instead. I’ll send you one of the Gifts @Branebs

If you still need help count me in - I’m always up for a bit of shenanigans :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks all. If I have any more stops that needs likes I’ll let it know.

Sent the gift. The pictures only just got added. It probably shows only two but if you click on a picture and swipe to the left it should show a third as well.

Actually there is one that needs likes. The new pictures I tried to upload haven’t gone through Wayfarer yet but the quicker the likes are there the better. I’ll send you a Gift from that one instead. Thanks :+1:

Edit: it’s the one I just sent.

1 Like

I liked this pic - it was the only choice - hope I got it right :grin::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

That’s correct! I uploaded a second picture too, but it hasn’t gone through Wayfarer yet. However your like managed to have it selected for the next Gym so I can continue my work now. Thanks :grin::+1:

Edit: oh I need two more actually. Some random stop in the middle of nowhere is currently selected to become the next gym :man_facepalming:

I expect the picture to go through anytime soon though so that and my like on it should be enough.

Edit 2: I misremembered that, the correct stop is already selected. So that is cool.

I have voted.

1 Like