Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

Got some more noms accepted recently.
One that was rejected for nonsense reasons was re-nominated exactly the same in al aspects as a test to see what would happen and was accepted in 5 days this time as voting was obviously done correctly. I did 4 more noms at the same place 2 weeks later and 2 of those were accepted within 5 days also.
I used the dispute function on a rejected nom 3 weeks ago and that still showing disputed in my Wayfarer atm. I wanted try that function to see what would happen as the reception is hit miss where the nom is. I returned to the location Easter weekend to do some other noms and had nothing but problems with reception dropping in and out so the upload of the noms was timing out. I noticed there was a upload later notification on the game screen so used that when returning to higher ground. It indicated it worked but the nom has not appeared in my Wayfarer. It gone onto a black hole so I’ll need to return and re-do hoping for a decent ph reception day (clear sky not cloudy)

My Wayfinder rating is great again!
slika

Does anyone know what objections do? I complained about two stops now (I still love and hate how sulky those reasons are at the same time) but it doesn’t really seem to do anything.

Can’t help with that sorry. My disputed one status has not changed in 3 months.

It feels good to have nominations being accepted again. It’s been nearly a year since the last one got accepted. I’ve nominated like 10 of these pedestrian bridges last Monday and I still have a whole bunch to go. This was the first one that got accepted and I might even be able to spin it at home, although I guess it’s just out of range but that is okay. I hope the others will get accepted too, I already had one rejected with the reason “inaccessible for pedestrians” :man_facepalming: I literally stated it was a pedestrian bridge but whatever :rofl:

1 Like

If it wouldn’t be so bad, it sounds like a joke: rejecting a pedestrian bridge, because pedestrians can’t reach it… :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I just had a location edit being rejected of a fountain that showed up on a road in the game so I edited its location to the lake. I was quite really wondering why THAT was rejected and I was starting to wonder if these Wayspots actually get reviewed by humans because there’s simply no way that road would be a better location than the lake it is in. To my surprise, though, I just opened the game and found it actually did get moved? Interesting. But glad it did, because it resulted in a new Pokestop, which was the main reason I edited the location of the fountain. Maybe it did get moved but not to the exact spot I put it in?

1 Like

Just had a permanent fixed sign at a public entry gate for a 5* nomination rejected for temporary or seasonal display ffs. Some people should not be allowed to do reviews.

I’ll just re-nominate rather than use the dispute function as the last time I disputed one was in March and that has still not been updated.

That’s nothing. I have a mural of a bee rejected for being an alive animal and a pedestrian bridge being rejected for being inaccessible for pedestrians. Niantic Wayfarer should use Captcha some time. There’s no way this rejections are actually done by humans.

Sadly I think you’ll find it’s humans doing this not bots. Some are just goofing while some it’s a deliberate act with no real purpose but to just watch things burn.

1 Like

Pyromanic Wayfarers… a good explanation

1 Like

It’s getting even more ridiculous. I tried to place a bridge on a place the bridge actually is - it hardly even let me do it because you can only move within a certain radius - instead of on a random street that doesn’t even contain the bridge at all and they somehow managed to reject that? It’s clearly visible where the bridge is located, it’s on Google Maps and you can clearly see a road over the water on the map Wayfarer uses, too. Truly if you want something to be actually placed correctly it gets rejected and it also gets rejected if something that is located in the center gets moved literally 4 picometers to the right so it fits in another cell. It’s literally absurd.

1 Like

It has to be called Anarchyfarer…

1 Like

At this point I’m starting to think they are on a mission to reject literally anything possible even if it doesn’t make sense. If the Tower Bridge wasn’t already a Wayspot they’d reject it for being a human. And the Notre Dame in Paris would be rejected for being temporary.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to nominate the location edit for this bridge 4 times now and it got rejected as many times. I first thought it may be because the Pokestop picture of the bridge is taken from the side, but after taking a closer look I figured the picture was taken from the other side, so that’s not the reason either. So really they are just trolls. I think I’m going to send Niantic an e-mail about this bs.

1 Like

It’s taking much longer for nominations to roll through the voting phase now. Three weeks ago I had one accepted the next day and now it’s taking over a week. I currently have over 15 nominations in the voting phase all waiting for something to happen.

A week is still a very quick turn around time.
The common rates we are seeing for noms is:
City/Suburban - 2 weeks to 2 Months
Regional/country- 1-2 weeks although some of my recent ones have taken 3-4 weeks.

I’ve had a stack approved recently and a stack of new noms in cue or voting. I’ll update my stats some time over the next week.

1 Like

I’ve noticed replacements are accepted/rejected much quicker than nominations. I’ve replaced 4 stops on July 15th and one on July 17th and they’ve all returned, whereas the first out of 20 stops nominated from 15-18 July just got accepted. The good part is this acceptation ensures a Gym, as the very last stop I need is a playground so that is almost guaranteed to become a Pokestop.

Surprising, actually, because it was a mural of a butterfly. A mural of a bee got rejected four times already and this butterfly got accepted instantly. Not what I was expecting, but I take it.

What I feared apparently already did happen a while ago; they changed the rules for a Pokestop to become a Gym, except they made it even worse than I expected. It is now impossible to decide where a Gym should be placed. In my city, we already have a lot of horrible Gyms. I was going to set that right by determining the best locations, but now that seems impossible to do. It appears to be worse than random, so it seems likely the worst places will be chosen for Gyms. Awesome. I’ll wait until I’ve actually seen it myself that the old rules no longer apply but this might be a big game breaker. I myself have over 30 stops close, but NO gym. I was going to get one gym nearby, so no all Gyms are stacked up at the places nobody even goes to, but I doubt I’ll be able to even get one gym anymore. This just makes no sense.

Not sure I get what your trying to say ^ @Jormdeworm ?
Is someone running a Map of your area that shows the Cells?
I assuming you know how the system works?
64 L17 Cells per L14 Cell
Only 1 Poi per L17 Cell
2 Poi per L14 Cell creates 1 Gym 1 Pokestop.
6 Poi per L14 Cell creates 2 Gyms 4 Pokestops.
20 Poi per L14 Cell creates 3 Gyms 17 Pokestops.
Only things that break those rules is existing Poi in the game from the early days and sponsored Poi.
While multiple Poi can be nominated and accepted. Only 1 will appear in the game. The others sit in the background and can appear suddenly if an existing Pokestop or Gym is removed from the game.