Who is actually going to use the pokestop reviewing thing? (Wayfarer) AND MORE

I’m getting another new pokestop at work! When I started there, there were two. Now there are 5 and a gym.

3 Likes

Two old nominations from June-July accepted and appeared in Game yesterday. 1 new Pokestop I can see from home and the other converted an existing Pokestop into a Gym not too far from home but out of view.

Takes my Tally to:
47 accepted nominations.
36 Pokestops of which 10 created a Gym in the Cell
11 are Gyms.

1 Like

Got another new stop at work.

3 Likes

5 Submissions from December approved and in Game today.

4 New Pokestops. 1 of those created a Gym
1 Gym where my submission is the Gym
It should have been 1 more Gym but it looks like dumb reviewers have moved the Marker roughly 50m from the actual Poi causing it to be in another cell. Need to verify that.
There’s a weaker possible nomination near that will create the Gym if it gets accepted.

My tally now:
42 Pokestops of which 12 created new Gyms
12 Gyms where my submission is the Gym

1 Like

I’ve slowed down with my Nominations as it’s taking forever to go through the system and there’s been a rise on bogus reason rejections in the community of late.
I did 5 Nominations around home area in early Feb.
A month after nominating a Pokestop appears in the game but it not from my submission. That will go duplicate and is still in voting now.
1 was accepted late April
1 was rejected for bogus reason
1 was accepted today mid May
1 is still in voting
I’ve done 3 other nominations mid April 2 near work and the other regional.
The regional one was rejected for bogus reason
The other 2 are in voting and I expect on current form won’t change until June-July

Current Stats
42 Pokestops created, 12 created a Gym in the Cell out of those 42.
11 became the Gyms
2 became Gyms from someone else creating a Pokestop in the Cell.

4 Likes

I’ve stopped nominating altogether.
My last 7 or 8 nominations were all rejected.

One was refused for being a temporary structure/ seasonal attraction - despite the thing (it’s a pinfold made of local stone, with an informative plaque attached) being constructed around 1750. Others had similarly nonsensical reasons.

The system of peer-reviewing is clearly not fit for purpose.

Other things don’t help: Google maps/earth hasn’t been updated in my area since 2010.
And the open-source mapping company now used to create the landscapes in-game doesn’t have any information other than roads - which makes the area look completely barren. Sure it’s rural - but not THAT rural!

Can’t see things improving soon, so I’ve given up flogging a dead horse.

3 Likes

I’ve never started a nomination, but I tried to do the valuations.

But after, I think, 30 positive valuations and 2 rejections, I saw only 3 stops converted in real.
So I give up, let do others a work which goes to nowhere.

2 Likes

I renominated some places that were rejected for stupid reasons before and they got accepted. I’ve been on a break from Wayfarer for some time, but I plan to come back soon and I won’t stop until all the places that are good candidates in my town become Poke stops. After that I will nominate some places that are less likely to be accepted and places in other towns and villages.

2 Likes

Last of my February nomination accepted. New Pokestop created.
2 in voting from March still.
Did 3 new rural ones on the weekend. These should go through before my March ones :rofl:

1 Like

Had a PokéStop being accepted but the reviewers moved it to a wrong cell again. I did manage to move the Gym that was already in that Cell to another though, so now the PokéStop is finally there. I think I nominated it back in March as well.

1 Like

Looks like my waystop nomination experiences had been posted here already years ago :rofl:

2 Likes

I made one wayspot nomination on Pi Day, and I am actually heading out to do one tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m getting more rejected than ever before for reasons that are not valid and it’s become annoying so I’m done with local nominations.
I’ll stick with the country ones for now as they seem to be accepted in line with how they should.

2 Likes

Yep, That’s what I will most likely be sticking to as well

12 Nominations in the last 3 Months
3 rejected with reasons listed not valid. 1 I’ve re-nominated already and 1 I have appealed.
3 are still in queue or voting.
2 Gyms created.

1 Like

that only took two and a half years

1 Like

There was a 3-4month period where nominations fell into some sort of black hole when changes were being made to the game from what I believe.
That nom may have been during that time period. Better late than never.

1 Like

Think you have understand bad. niet will say not, so the wayspot is rejected.

1 Like

Correct. It was rejected

But I finally got a response ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Haha, the reverse of Van Gaal: Allways positive, never negative…

1 Like