The Ultra Bonus: My Opinion

so…REMEMBER the hard times and dont act like it didnt take skill and time.

Now your “skillled” and it takes less “time”

simple…

It seems when a trainer gets “good” they forget all the hard times they had before, il never forget.

3 Likes

it never was hard to begin with, we just didn’t know the rules.
I stand by my point. Getting a pass now is pisseasy.

3 Likes

40 people out of 1000s can be hard, you just found an easy ex raid gym.

More popular places are harder. I dare you go to somewhere more popular such as San fransico or Tokyo or Japan. You wont get nothing

1 Like

i stand by my point. Mewtwo losing it’s value if noobs who never could get the knowledge of recieving ex pass mastered now getting 30+ what do the people who got it before have to brag about now? Nothin.:sneezing_face:

1 Like

First gotta find ex gym.

Then find time to play at a raid.

Then gotta hope your 1 of 40 trainers out of a invisible number played at that gym

Not to mention you gotta activate the gym for ex by many trainers already playing there.

Alot of luck, but once you get 1, your always going to get 1.

Alot of skill and time in ex, or everyone would already have multiples, an the fact you got multiples means you have both skill and time on your side.
Gg

edit - be greatful to have 6+ mewtwo but it wont mean anything soon. Then it will be “i got shiny mewtwo” which will be the new “look at me”

4 Likes

Anyone who can use google can figure out how and where to get a Metwo near him, and then just do 1 raid to get a pass.
And since googleing seems very difficult for alot of people, i guess Mewtwo really take skill (sarcasm).

The hard part is getting enough people raid at the right location IF you are in an area with not alot of players. Has nothing to do with skill tough.

Also i dont know where you get “40 out of 1000” from. Havent you ever seen that vid from Singapore (i think) where the guy shows 20 or so lobbys filling up within minutes of the EXraid starting?

Really the only reason you dont have a Mewtwo yet is either you didnt search on how to get it, or you dont have enough players in your region.

4 Likes

The only reason i have 1 mewtwo is because i cant drive to the closest ex gym, which is over 10 miles away. the one i got, I went with a friend

1 Like

Best event ever
Birds raids
Mewtwo raids
Finally able to get that last impossible tauros

I have no EX-Raid eligible gyms in my town. So this is great for me. I’ll finally have an opportunity to get a Mewtwo.

3 Likes

Ryan’s random thought for the day: Even though I didn’t do any moltres raids in the 3 hr window for moltres day it was great because I saw what gyms were EX eligible in The Bay Area.

4 Likes

Not if the closest ex gym is an hour drive from you and no one raids there.

1 Like

Good point, @Ryan21.

2 Likes

Nope i dont do no research on current ex cause im eligible for all of them.

From what i knew only 40 trainers can get ex pass, did they change that? from what your saying 20 lobbies? 20 x 20?

i never googled ex raids i found all MYSELF. :man_shrugging:t5:

Like someone said, it got easier after revamp.

edit - im defending @cup words of skill and time. Learning something and how to get is easier is sort of a skill. Yall mastered Mewtwo. Be happy?

2 Likes

I don’t think my qualifying was via a Magikarp raid, but it was likely something equally feeble like a Kirlia - no real skill needed, more just luck that it was at a known EX Raid gym in the middle of town

FYI we beat that Mewtwo (it was a Focus Blast Mewtwo as well, so death to all those T’tar teams & other dark types), but I failed to get him to stay in the darn white premium ball (stupid psycho cat)

So I’m in the “Yay Mewtwo for 5 weeks” side of the discussion - no one forced anyone else to spend real $$ on raid passes in an effort to qualify for EX raids, that was an individual player’s choice.

I’m actually of the opinion that you should only be able to capture ONE of each of the Legendary Pokémon (just as we can only have ONE of each Mythical Pokémon) - I don’t see any skill in using a party of 6 duplicate Legendaries to defeat another Legendary/pseudo Legendary raid boss (yes it shows you’ve spent time gathering dust & candy and the boring circular task of powering up each of the Pokémon in that party - but a stunning lack of originality/creativity in terms of team composition) - but I am a relative newbie, so yeah grain of salt - obviously you could still do subsequent raids of each legendary, but instead of capturing another copy of it you’d get say 20 of it’s candies instead

I’ll be glad for the boosted Kanto spawns as I’m still missing a chunk of my Kanto dex - Charizard line, both Nido lines, Machamp line etc etc

Kanto regional exclusives in the 7km eggs will be a welcome change up from the purely Alolan hatches (although I do need more Geodudes to evolve an Alolan Golem & regular Golem too) - although it kind of kills the regionals trading a bit, but trading still has the added potential for Lucky so it’s not a complete ruining.

For me it’s a 10/10 - but I can see how some of the Day 1-ish crowd would be disappointed - but I’d say just treat it as a dust/candy farming opportunity (or does everyone have full teams of lvl 40 100% IV everything??)

Yeah another text wall … I’ll stop now

1 Like

Get this man a drink :beer:

2 Likes

Yup thanks @5GodLink

2 Likes