The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

I sometimes wonder about this; but the only time the counter drops from a raider leaving in my game is before the raid begins. Once the raid is underway, the counter never drops. Even if everybody says, “everybody jump and restart!”

So in remote raids I’m never quite sure if they dropped, or if I lost connection… Sure does stink to get beat in a raid with over 5 players, though, no matter what the circumstances.

Could it be that you can leave when your six fighters are down and you don’t want to take another team of six?

Sure, you can leave any time. But the little number showing trainer count never seems to go to 1, even when I’m the only trainer left inside. Seemed unlikely to be something they’d consider critical enough to fix, though; so I never complain. (And I try to find ways to raid with my own friends, to reduce the likelihood of mid-battle abandonments like that.)

Idk I had 200 plus max revives and 200 plus normal revives and after the raid change I’m down to like 15 normal revives.

The change allows raid bosses to blow through your lineup if your group is slow to DMG.

I had more than two or three raids I did where Groudon went through three plus of my lineups.

I’m at the point where I have to be very selective of the raids I do because I’m not going to be able to revive Pokemon.

Could be they’re just trying to cut their losses.

Honestly just reeks of greed.

Probably forcing people to buy more in game items with raid passes like revives and potions.

Look at the whole max model.

It’s just meant to make you blow through candy and stardust.

Thankfully years of targeting and powering up a few strong counters across the family accts is paying off for me. I never did any Kyogre raids after the change to see how many teams it went through with the spam attacks.
I’ve done a heap of Groudon with the families 3 plus my acct and have not lost more than 10 ten Pokemon with the weakest acct. When all acct run a Mega I often don’t need a second team and that includes weather boosted ones.
On the flip side I’ve also done a heap of remote Raids though PokeGenie and even with more players in the Raids I’m using more Pokémon as some of the Pokémon I see others using are not helping much at all.
It’s sad that so many don’t put in much effort to either learn or build good battle teams making it’s harder and a bigger resource drain for others. It’s a big reason why I have no problem going against the ToC by playing more than one acct. I don’t have to rely on others to play.

Yup. As with nearly everything since 2022, the dynamax feature tries to train us to play in person again, not remotely.(and to walk more).

Whatever appeal max battles had when it was first released was quickly squandered, though, as they nerfed the battle-win reward to a point that only the XP is appreciably better than a pokestop spin.

They aren’t making it feesable, reasonable, or realistic to play at this point.