The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

There’s an option in the Wayfarer to send an appeal to Niantic for your rejected nominations. Also you can report Poke stops that are against Niantic’s rules.

Why should I ( or anyone ) should report any Pokestop/Gym, because of which gameplay of people will be degraded ?

:sweat_smile: :wink:

This was my nomination :

What’s wrong in the nomination, according to you all ? Even the image is clear, and one can easily see every parts there…

The reason they rejected your nomination is that it is just a generic bus stop. Also night time photos are more likely to be rejected.

See this :

For this :

This is even less clearer than my nomination !!

As you had seen both kind of Pokestop exists.

To surprise you even further, there are few Pokestops and Gyms here, which are actually Petrol Pumps and Cycle’s Puncture repairing stores

If I was reviewing that Bus Stop submission I would mark it low @DeltaEmerald.
Forgot your thinking that because others are in the game all should be in the game. Poor nominations do get through if reviewers are not being 1/2 serious about reviewing correctly and in turn excellent nominations get declined for the same reason.
What I would be looking for to mark it higher would be something distinctive about it. Is it named after a significant person or part of history. If there is something distinctive about it it needs to be shown and mentioned in the submission.
Sometimes you can get lucky with plain/generic Poi’s and enough voters let it through.
You need to get a little more creative or inventive with how you nominate it so it’s not just like the 100’s or 1000’s of common Bus Stops in the area.
You can always appeal it. All but 1 of my submissions I’ve appealed have been accepted.

1 Like

This is the real problem with Niantic Wayfarer.

Not every place in world has some relations with history and/or bear some distinctive feature, which are not natural. But those places have people who play this game. There are huge chances that if anything like this exists, then it would have already be nominated, so it leaves newer players with very less options to consider.

Also the realistic fact is that no one uses Pokemon GO for exploring new places primarily. Majority of population in world either use Google Maps, or contact with local residents or guides for knowing about the place.

Almost every Bus stop in my city is either a Pokestop or Gyms, and few are even Ex-Raid Gyms. So it is quite natural that I will also try to go with nearby Bus Stop.

The area where I live might not have those places which Niantic needs, but despite that many people visit here for physical activities. Look at the satellite view :

Among those green patches, my residential location exists. From this satellite view of Summer season, you can expect that with what kind of surrounding I am enveloped with.

Despite this, Niantic doesn’t bothers to add any Pokestop here.

Read through the rules again and try to find something in your area that is eligible according to the rules (e.g. outdoor gyms, playgrounds, info signs, murals, fountains, trail markers, pedestrian bridges, interesting shops, restaurants). If there are no such POIs, then you can try nominating things that are in a grey area (e.g. graffiti, water towers, decorations on a facade). Sometimes even ineligible nominations get accepted. Make sure you take a picture during the day and give a thorough explanation why it should become a Poke stop. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes. I will follow your advice.

The foremost fact which I learned is to take pictures during daytime, with clearer explanations.
Though I had appealed yesterday, let’s see how it turns out.

I had applied that nomination in December 2022, and its rejection mail came in April 2023.
:sleepy:

Notice the game leans towards recommending the bulkier teams. Especially if I am raiding short-handed, I like to hand pick a team of “glass cannons” that inflicts max damage quickly and then faints quickly. Then I just let the game recommend my 2nd wave (fastest way to re-lobby, anyway).

1 Like

Yesterday I tried super glass cannon aka Shadow Mewtwo in Great League( Single Type ) for fun.

I must say it was very strange feeling to use him there, but the nice thing was that it survived Vigoroth’s Body Slam and then delivered Psystrike !!

:laughing:

1 Like

Good grief - not this ridiculous nonsense, again!!

Oooooo, that 4 looks kind of like an A, and the five looks like an S… Taking offense at that takes an overactive and truly inappropriate imagination.

The offended should get a life, as the saying goes. Or maybe they should give me a dozen Lugia Candy XL and about 30K stardust, so I can power it up to something less offensive, like maybe “46”

:snowflake::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

After reaching rank 20, I won 7 sets with 3 or more wins.

But all of them resulted me with :

1. 3 Phantump
  2. 2 Onix
  3. 1 Falinks
  4. 1 Wingull

This is highly ridiculous, except these I had not got any different Pokemon so far from beginning of the season, along with Lickitung, Frillish, Scraggy.

If Niantic doesn’t want to provide legendary Pokemon via GBL, then better they should remove GBL…

:rage: :anger: :anger:

2 Likes

If they awarded Legendaries, they could ENTICE players to use GBL, instead of using research tasks to COERCE players to use it.

1 Like

Back in 2021-early 2022s, the rate for appearance of Legendary Pokemon was around 15% - 18%.

But since then, the rate is reduced to around 2-4%. And hence, the only legendary Pokemon which I got is Tapu Koko, and that too when he made his debut in Season of Alola.
:sob: :sob: :sob:
It seems that rate of Legendary in GBL = chances of female Salandit from 12km egg

Now making some quick calculations for GBL.

For finishing a set of 5 matches, it takes around 15-18 minutes, considering the matchups and bulkiness of teams. And playing all 5 sets in a day will easily take 1+ hour.

Now consider the rewards for playing one set in realistic scenario, where we had won 3 out of 5 matches. The rewards are :

1. Around 6000 stardust
  2. Either of Charge TM /Fast TM / Rare Candy / Golden Berry / Silver Berry
  3. And 98% possibility of trash Pokemon, and “standing a chance” for Legendary Pokemon.
  4. 200 XP

Compare this with 5* raid, which lasts around 4-5 including post-battle effects:

1. 10,000 XP
  2. Multiple goods
  3. Guaranteed Legendary Pokemon
  4. 100% capture rate if Shiny
  5. Weather Boost

Hence the people who prefer raids are getting 3x rewards in terms of goods, 50x XP and Legendary Pokemon for winning a raid in one-third time w.r.t. finishing one set of GBL.

This is very big cheating from their side.

:japanese_goblin::heart_on_fire: :fire:

1 Like

:man_shrugging: maybe you understand why I don’t use GBL if I’m not forced

3 Likes

I’ve given up on the battling aspect of the game entirely. It’s just not rewarding and not really enjoyable either.

1 Like

Does Legendary prize in GBL just pop into your bag, like Candy, TM, and other prizes? Or is it an “encounter” with a potential flee rate? I almost always catch the raid boss afterwards. But for the T5, that often uses most of the balls given for catching it, and more than a couple of times I’ve had a boss flee. But I’ve never gotten a Legendary from GBL. (so I can’t compare them)

You can say that !

The Pokemon which we get there can never flee, and if we are out of balls then we can quit, get some balls and then can catch it.

During Misunderstood Mischief Season, I got around 10-15 Giratina-A and around 12-15 Cresselia. And all these Pokemon were caught during Halloween Event where we were getting 2x catch candy.
At that time I was using Silver Pinap berry on every of these and was also using Premium Battle Pass to increase my chances of getting them again.

But nowadays, I am doing neither of these…

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What a bad news I’ve read today.
Not only that the special ticket to get shiny Mew cost 5€, as well it is thought more for newerplayers, which have not done it in his moment.
Well, one of the first lines you have to fullfill is to have the platinum badge of Kanto. But if you don’t have played for longer time then you can’t have the four regionals as Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime etc.
What a nice way to gain money without giving out the price.

1 Like