The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Really starting to question “Am I actually enjoying this game anymore/still?”
Let’s recap my frustrations:
It took over 3500 Trades to get first 100% Trade
Continually get well worse than av Shiny rate during CD’s.
Still haven’t got a 100% Legendary in a Trade
Did an excessive amount of Rock Ripoff Raids to get a Shiny.
Took an excessive amount of Raids to get a 100% Mewtwo.
Paid for a Go Fest Ticket and got 0 Shiny on day 1.
Now the thing that has me questioning the enjoyment.
Dropped the new Daily Stink Bomb for the first time today. First spawn Pupitar that runs on a Great Curve Ultra followed by the Holly Grail that saw a GRazz Excellent Curve Ultra and then it was gone.

5 Likes

Same to me, saw this nice new Moltres, and as all other spawns on this Stink Bomb, it runs…

I’m now for sure not touching the Stink Bomb again, at least not until I’m back home. With the very inconsistent internet connection here in Mexico it’s just undoable. And whenever the internet connection did work it still didn’t spawn anything. The only spawns I’ve actually managed to catch are a Lillipup, a Ledyba and a Pikachu. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks for the recon, y’all. My free day for the week is today, and I’ve planned to do a bit of walking (using that as an excuse to try the daily stink pot). And I will adjust my expectations accordingly. (i.e. I will anticipate another disappointment. It won’t make it any less disappointing to anticipate it; but I should guard against dismay.)

Seems like the last time a game tweak actually improved my experience of the game was over a year ago.

There’s a 90% flee rate in the galarian legends, according to people in my local community

If that’s the dust off rate they’ve essentially given us the players nothing. Seems a sadistic pointless way to release them.
The only thing Niantic are good at is finding ways to make the game harder to enjoy.

Recently found out that Auto Catchers won’t work on this new stink bomb ffs :roll_eyes:.
Going to find it difficult to find a 15min block where I’m walking around to manual catch.
If I’m not working or driving to and from work I’m stationary which doesn’t generate spawns.

1 Like

Yes, flee rate is 90% and catch rate 0,3%. Spawn rate is ridiculous too.

1 Like

Day three of the Daily Stink Bomb.

First minute it didn’t spawn anything at all. I had full connection and could load every encounter, but nothing spawned off the Incense.

Minute 2: I decided to open up the screen recorder so I could show it to Niantic. Of course then something spawned, but it didn’t open up the encounter so Niantic can still expect that screen record in their inbox. It didn’t open the encounter after, either.

Then it worked for the next 5 minutes.

After, it worked every now and then, most spawns off the Incense didn’t load up.

At five minutes left, my internet connection decided to go on a holiday and I was unable to play for three minutes.

Finally it worked with 2 minutes left and the game completely crashed on the first Incense encounter, leaving me with no choice than to restart the game.

Suddenly I was logged out and it didn’t let me log in until the Pokemon World Air smelled much nicer.

Final results:

They promised it would give different spawns. This is literally what the event also boosts🙄 literally 60% was event spawns, and the other 40% is Lillipup, Lillipup, Lillipup, Yungoos and Grimer. Amazing.

I can’t even reach out to Niantic because the results screen again doesn’t show the distance I’ve walked.

Not a single rare spawn on all three stink bombs. And then to think I’ll probably get a Galarian Articuno after a million stink bombs only to have it run away? No thanks, I’ll pass.

They need to fire whoever picked the featured Pokemon for Spotlight Hour and Raids in August. Hisuian Voltorb Spotlight Hour? Why? Zacian, Genesect and Zamazenta without Shiny forms? Why?

1 Like

I’ve upgraded one of my nominations recently, because that stop and one of the four others I nominated must become a Stop so a Gym will be created, but it’s STILL waiting to even go in the voting phase. And the one I uploaded yesterday morning was already in the voting phase like one hour after. Looks like it doesn’t even matter if you upgrade nominations or not.

Which catches count for the adventure stink bomb?

Updated: Last evening I popped the third day’s daily-incense and noticed that the spawn icons (the ones that indicate type, weather boost, or shiny) included a little icon of the daily incense, making it immediately clear which spawns were from the incense. With that I could avoid wasting my time catching non-incense spawns and got several more than for previous tries.

I believe I would have noticed that icon right away, so I gather that this was a fix – possibly the fastest fix ever. Thanks.

Ever since the event started I’ve been seeing less Panpour instead of more. The amount of other regionals here has also dropped. Nice…

Way too many of my Dialga raids since Tuesday have given ZERO rare candy. It’s more than just an annoyance by this point.

I vaguely recall it giving only 1 or 2 dialga candy xl per-raid for catching the defeated boss for the first few days, but is now giving 3 or 4 of those… seems like it was only a little while after that got fixed that the rare candy rewards dropped steeply, and I wonder whether the two are related.

20 minutes later: Hey! My alt got 3 rare candies for my latest T5 raid. Woo hoo!!
(:slightly_smiling_face: and :roll_eyes:)

20 Braviary Raids and no shiny… 25 has given it

I refuse to pay for things that will return - especially for an Ultra UNLOCK - and considering there’s hardly any Gyms here it was not going to be a surprise I wouldn’t find the shiny because I’m always unlucky during these type of days - eventually bought a bundle of three remote passes though as I still wanted to get that Shiny but I got three of the worst possible non-shiny Braviary instead. :expressionless: still not spending a single euro on raid days, though.

I had spent some three years ago money in Special Offer Packs and from there I had a stock of about 100 of this green passes. And this is what I am using now, no remote passes.

2 Likes

Yup, I have over 30 of those too, waiting for a Raid Day to finally not fall on a day I’m on holiday, but it really seems like that’s not going to happen…

The only one I’ve actually been able to attend so far was Moltres.

1 Like

I was in the city with a lot of gyms around, so no problem to do the 25 raids with this passes.

I used green passes as well.
Got my first shiny on my 16th Raid and second on the 21st.
Finished with 2 from 22 (both under 80% IVs)
Mrs. celery got 0 from 22! :woman_facepalming: :sob:
Cat :black_cat: got 5 from 21 (he ran out of green passes)

1 Like