The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

You should let your cat play on your own account once, I’ve heard cats attract shiny Pokemon. Or at least yours seems to do.

2 Likes

When you remotely (cannot see the gym on the map) feed berry to your pokemon in the gym, you no longer can see the raid countdown timer by clicking the egg on the lower left corner of the gym screen, all you see is 0s, which means you can’t plan the time if you want to raid at that gym.

Similar thing applies when there is an active raid going on the gym your pokemon is in, all you see is the statement saying there is a raid going on.

Seeing CP between 2220 and 2240 for Palkia is getting

really

really

really

old.

:yawning_face: 3 more hours of raiding … 16 more Palkia between 2220 and 2240, plus one 2216 and one 2260! (good bleeping grief…)

1 Like

To spare myself from leaving ten consecutive posts here about the last few days I’ll make a big one…

Came back home from Mexico earlier today and I have been unable to obtain a Shiny regional, because why would I even expect it. Instead I got random Shiny Pokemon that have had a Community Day recently such as Torchic, Swablu and Abra. Amazing…

In fact, I haven’t even been able to encounter all the regionals that were there, either. I missed out on Shellos - of which its form isn’t available here in the Netherlands - and Basculin. I only happened to encounter Illumise on the very last night - twice even - and only 2 Durant too. What even is the point in making them regional if you still won’t get them when you are in their respective region?

Regional spawns were almost non-existent during the Hisuian Discoveries event, too.

Hisuian Discoveries event was lame, and I kept hatching Hisuian Voltorb which made things even worse. Spawn pool wasn’t the best, either.

Could hardly even do the Hisuian Braviary Raid Day because there were hardly any Gyms nearby and because Niantic thought it was funny to remove the Remote Raid Passes from the 1 Coin boxes. I saved over 20 green Passes for a day like this only to have them not used.

Happened to have my record amount of spawns off the Stink Bomb today and for what. :neutral_face: Not even one great spawn at all. In fact I have had a total of 2 good ones out of over 150 spawns. Why am I even doing it?

Even here in the Netherlands where I’ve never had any internet connection issues the game is much slower when running the Stink Bomb. Besides, they still haven’t fixed the issues with Incense. I still need to click on other spawns in order for a spawn to even appear. Why couldn’t they fix that before releasing a Daily Incense?

Speaking about the Daily Incense, I’m pretty sure they stated it would spawn different things. During the last event, it definitely did not spawn different things, it was the same as what the event gave. It just functioned as a regular Incense that lasted 15 minutes instead of 60. Another wasted opportunity.

I figured out the Like system for choosing gyms no longer works and it is now in fact a random process. Makes no sense, because chances of getting a gym on an annoying location are high.

In fact, that has already happened. I managed to create a Gym, but it’s location is exactly so that I can’t click on the one right behind from home anymore. Besides, there are already a lot of Gyms there anyway so another Gym there wasn’t appreciated. In fact, it could’ve been in a place that begs for Gyms. Yet it isn’t.

Niantic Wayfarer has been trolling again, as they marked one of my nominations as duplicate where it clearly didn’t exist. It’s not in Ingress either. How did these people even come through the test?

GO Battle League. Nothing more to add here.

But Out! Event is yet again, a letdown. When will Niantic learn not to boost the same Pokémon every single time? Spinarak has been in couple of recent events, Ledyba too, Weedle has had a Community Day, Wurmple has had a bunch of events recently… why not boost some better/rare spawns? I would be down to hunt Paras, Venonat, Burmy, Combee etc rather than those. Their spawn picks never make sense to me.

August is even more of a letdown, with trash Spotlight Hours, non-Shiny Legendary Raids and Galarian Stunfisk. It’s not even funny anymore.

Ultra Unlock has been the worst. It hardly feels like we’ve unlocked anything at all. We’ve been able to get all Monkeys without Ultra Unlock as they were in the Collection Challenges, too. Besides, we more or less unlocked Pay to Play. Unown in Raid Battles and Hisuian Braviary Raid Day isn’t what I call “Unlock”. It’s just not rewarding at all, which fits the main theme of GO Fest this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if what they announced for the final Go Fest day would be everything we get.

Speaking about Unown Raids, I’ve hardly seen them at all. Instead I kept seeing Roselia and Shinx, as if I’d be willing to even raid these. :man_facepalming:

As much as I’m glad people who payed for the in-person GO Fest events got rewarded for it, it also annoys me to see how great they are. I would have loved to attend GO Fest Sapporo, but it’s just too far away. I would even pay the double amount for a not in-person experience, but they won’t do it anyway. It’s just another spit in the face after the GO Fest letdown on June 4th.

Another thing I just realised, they still haven’t fixed the bug causing hatch animations not the pop up, due to which I lost a bunch of 7km Eggs during last event.

And then their help desk too… I pointed out the Daily Incense wasn’t working properly and they sent me a list with how to obtain it, of which I had already answered to that I was aware of how that worked.

There’s probably more.

Sometimes I really wonder why I’m still playing this game, and after seeing how many things I just listed out here makes me question it even more. It’s getting insane. Niantic recently said they thought this game would last another decade. If they follow their current path, it might not even last two years anymore.

2 Likes

Wow, that was like a Kungfu Fighter making a big circle smash with his foot.
And with a lot of reason. They have nearly never heared what we were screaming, and they will not change now.

3 Likes

To add to the list: are appeals even doing anything? So far I’ve appealed three nominations and two of them have never done anything. The third one actually got accepted by Niantic, which makes it even more funny.

1 Like

Since Wayspot appeals went live, I have appealed 6 times. First 3 appeals were decided relatively quickly (one was decided after 2 weeks) and they were all rejected! :rage: Even Niantic doesn’t know its own rules for what makes a good Wayspot. The next 3 appeals are stuck in a limbo. It’s been more than four months since I appealed a Wayspot that is a public swimming pool that should have been accepted in the first place, but people who review Wayspots are stupid and they rejected my nomination 2 times so I had to appeal. It’s been going really slow, I don’t understand what’s taking them so long, this is a very easy decision. I appealed it on 31st March and still nothing. I appealed 2 more Wayspots in the meantime and now I can use another appeal, but I won’t until they resolve the other ones. At this point, I could just nominate the swimming pool again and maybe it will be accepted in a week, who knows? I will also renominate previous rejected appeals, but I will change the name, the picture and the description. Niantic ruined this highly anticipated feature.

1 Like

Here’s what I found on their forum

Worst part is you can’t withdraw appeals either. Some appeal I did months ago is still waiting for something to even happen and it’s been a Pokestop for a while now. If I were able to withdraw the appeal nobody would have to waste time on it anymore. I have also decided to renominate my second appeal because would I decide to wait for the appeal I can wait for a few years.

1 Like

Sounds like an exercise in futility, or as an old, sacred book once called things like that, “vanity and chase after wind”… Not worth the effort.

2 Likes

Another thing not worth the effort may be the August raid hour events. Four straight weeks with repeat bosses but without any shiny chance. The dogs were barely worth it in their debut event; now a repeat without shiny? And two weeks of Genesect, which has had a shiny debut, but conspicuously WITHHOLDING the shiny? And for the second time in a row?!?

As Arte Johnson’s popular punchline on Laugh-In put it: Very interesting… but STUPID.

2 Likes

The between-event spawns really are a shambles at the moment.

As soon as the weather turns partly cloudy (which is by far the most common weather I get) the crappy common-as-muck ‘normal-type’ Pokes run riot.

This pic was taken at the most densely spawning spot in my village this evening. What have we got?

4 Buneary, 2 Lillipup, 1 Pidove, 1 Mime, 1 Voltorb, 1 Hoppip & 1 Lotad = 1 great big steaming pile of :poop:

2 Likes

Finding it increasingly difficult to spend the same amount of time as previously on the game.
Between travel time to and from work plus doing the 12hr shift (now back on day:arvo rotation) is not leaving much time for a play window when I have to do stuff around home and get some sleep.
Struggling to find time for gifting and trading atm. Just seem to want to do daily spin and catch and get on with what’s left of my time awake. It might be a game fatigue faze, only time will tell.

1 Like

All those Hisuian forms. And what do I get from eggs?

Qwilfish and darumaka

2 Likes

I ranted here about not being able to do GOFest for work; I’m pleased to see the finale event happen on a day I have off. AND the event looks like it has some real potential. :heart:

1 Like

So… it’s been a month since the last post on this thread. No whinges, no moans, and zero complaints.

I guess this game must be perfect now! :joy:
Well done Niantic! :partying_face:

1 Like

I can ruin that :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe we are tired that writing these things doesn’t change anything…

3 Likes

I’m with @bagguille on that, except that I might use the word ‘resigned’, rather than ‘tired’.

Yes, I’m tired of it. But I got tired of being tired of it. And I got tired of having my presence here be dominated by complaining. So I’m learning to take in stride the aspects of the game that I don’t like, knowing that griping rarely fixes anything.

Trying to limit my occasional juvenile outbursts now. At 60, it’s about time that I started acting a little more grown up…

2 Likes

Yep - I agree with everything said in the above posts…

…BUT…

Roggenrola Commu- &@?!*%-nity Day! SERIOUSLY!!!
Don’t the barstools know I’ve already got the complete shiny family… €#!%ers!!